• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Results! TS118 2pm Saturday Feb-10

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Come on down to the Time Stamp Café! Its the international meeting place.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m in, too!
It’s interesting to see so many people entering the Café with a copy of Ruby in hand. There’s something about the cozy reading nooks that seems to bring the illustrations to life.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
IMG_7883.JPG

“Time and tides wait for no man.” Looks like you women are free and clear.
Time Stamp 118 is upon us. 2pm Saturday.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I am SO annoyed at Mother Nature right now.... it's warming up into the low '50s today and tomorrow, BUT it's going to start raining by 1:00pm and not stop until late tomorrow night!! :eek: UGH. :angry: So much for going outside to do something for Time Stamp.... I'm just going to curl up in the Cafe by the fire and sip spiked egg nog all day. :mobibabe:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I am SO annoyed at Mother Nature right now.... it's warming up into the low '50s today and tomorrow, BUT it's going to start raining by 1:00pm and not stop until late tomorrow night!! :eek: UGH. :angry: So much for going outside to do something for Time Stamp.... I'm just going to curl up in the Cafe by the fire and sip spiked egg nog all day. :mobibabe:

Weird weather here, too. Freezing cold, then warming a bit, then snow, then raining like crazy, all within 48 hours.
However, the rain can be wonderful to photograph. All those reflections... you just need a nice big umbrella, and depending on your sense of adventure, some rubber boots.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was here as the 1.55pm alarm went off. Just heading to the village of Yarwell to give Ruby the Book to Gary, the owner of the Austin 7 I posted a few weeks back. One and three quarter miles apparently.:D It’s been drizzling since about 10am this morning. A grey old day.

DF5634A1-78EB-47B0-B221-04B68D1E724F.jpeg

And this is the road I’m taking to get there.
80391B45-6D31-4A28-8B3C-B78B9A5E1CAB.jpeg

The moles have been busy!

And here is Gary posing with his book. He was very (very) reluctant to have his photo taken.
3B66964E-27FD-4ED7-97D2-AC12B59777AD.jpeg

But he loved the book and he loved even more to hear of all the conversations we’d been having about the car and the interest in Brian’s book that it had spawned.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Cat by name .... :lmao:

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
My first time stamp submission.
Quiet day pottering around the house, other half at work, one kid at a party and the other still in bed. I was in the middle of a bowl of washing up at 2 and had no agenda or plan so went round the house taking random pics.
The view down the centre of my didgeridoo.
20180210_140426-01.jpeg
The cat sitting on the window sill above my eldest's bed.
20180210_140825-01.jpeg

The last of last year's crop of chillies on the kitchen window sill.
20180210_141732-01.jpeg

KnavishFish

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Device
iPhone SE
We were out for a snowy walk when my time stamp alarm went off. Light snow, -4C, powdery snow on everything.

I liked how the trail head looked in the snow. We let Angel off leash shortly after to run around.

Image1518287430.158583.jpg

This looked like a cold seat for a rest.

Image1518287526.505353.jpg

And finally, this is the trail map in the snow. My theme today is quite clear.

Image1518287569.525626.jpg

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
Quiet day pottering around the house, other half at work, one kid at a party and the other still in bed. I was in the middle of a bowl of washing up at 2 and had no agenda or plan so went round the house taking random pics.
View attachment 105846 The cat sitting on the window sill above my eldest's bed.
View attachment 105849
View attachment 105850
Great to see you in timestamp! Very interesting set of images :)

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was here as the 1.55pm alarm went off. Just heading to the village of Yarwell to give Ruby the Book to Gary, the owner of the Austin 7 I posted a few weeks back. One and three quarter miles apparently.:D It’s been drizzling since about 10am this morning. A grey old day.

View attachment 105843

View attachment 105844

And here is Gary posing with his book. He was very (very) reluctant to have his photo taken.
View attachment 105845
But he loved the book and he loved even more to hear of all the conversations we’d been having about the car and the interest in Brian’s book that it had spawned.

The story comes full circle! I love it. Wonderful you were able to connect the book with the person & car that started it all.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 105846 The cat sitting on the window sill above my eldest's bed.
View attachment 105849
View attachment 105850

Welcome rizole! What a great set of images. I especially like the middle one with the cat’s tail. [emoji3] I’ve got a didgeridoo, too, but never played it very well. Actually, the main reason I got it is because I read a doctor’s report saying that playing the didgeridoo was helpful in reducing snoring.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We were out for a snowy walk when my time stamp alarm went off. Light snow, -4C, powdery snow on everything.

I liked how the trail head looked in the snow. We let Angel off leash shortly after to run around.

View attachment 105851

This looked like a cold seat for a rest.

View attachment 105852

And finally, this is the trail map in the snow. My theme today is quite clear.

View attachment 105853

Hello KnavishFish! You certainly have more snow than we do. I bet Angel loved having a free run.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 105843

View attachment 105844

View attachment 105845
That is just awesome that you gave him the book!! :inlove: What a great story this is.

Love that road sign.

Those moles!! Haha! :D (I’m guessing the owner of that lawn is finding it as humorous as I am... :rolleyes:)