• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Results! TS119 2pm Saturday Feb-17

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Come on down to the Time Stamp Café! Its the international meeting place.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
IMG_8020.JPG

Could be chilly out.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It doesn’t seem like five minutes ago that I was saying “I’m in” and here I am posting. 2pm found me making felt baby boots.:confused: My friend’s grandchild is having twins (how inconvenient :mobibabe:) and she knew that I’d made baby boots before, so she wanted some for her two new great-grandchildren. They are really fiddly to make (the boots, but ... ) and take an age to hand sew. Here’s the start of the proceedings.

C0208446-B898-405D-9CB6-C3A198A9E1B9.jpeg

I blanket stitch around the edges first.

F1DEF017-C8F9-4937-9C13-A40B127558B3.jpeg

Rog brought me a reviving cup of tea.

610201C8-6C68-4DA2-9D9F-A642FDD77FAA.jpeg

I got up briefly to gaze over to The Fens from my sewing room window.

8B3B0B9C-D2FF-4C3F-8F13-9584AB478092.jpeg

And, out of time, but here’s the almost finished article. Only three more to make.:eek::(

The first three were Hipstamatic.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It doesn’t seem like five minutes ago that I was saying “I’m in” and here I am posting. 2pm found me making felt baby boots.:confused: My friend’s grandchild is having twins (how inconvenient :mobibabe:) and she knew that I’d made baby boots before, so she wanted some for her two new great-grandchildren. They are really fiddly to make (the boots, but ... ) and take an age to hand sew. Here’s the start of the proceedings.

View attachment 106115

View attachment 106114

View attachment 106116

View attachment 106117
And, out of time, but here’s the almost finished article. Only three more to make.:eek::(

How cute are they!! So many sewing talents!

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m invoking a slight time warp. These photos were all taken and the first one edited between 1.35pm and 1.55pm. They were having some Chinese dancing in Woking square to celebrate Chinese New Year.

I had spent an hour before taking pics trying to get some good images with Slow Shutter Cam what with the current discussion on motion blur. I found that by saving various versions of the same image using the freeze slider and then blending them in iColorama, I could get a reasonable result. I also removed some heads at the bottom in Retouch and copied a foot in IC using the clone brush with a final pimp in Snapseed.

EBC25301-D7A1-42BD-B2B2-D38923E895B0.jpeg

Here is some of the crowd watching. I would like to have edited these images but the first one took any time that I had left.

9BA18645-D0E6-439D-98E1-34720D5DBBF7.jpeg

2510A170-E1C2-463C-A4CF-F1703F3D76F9.jpeg

Finally one of the dragon heads sitting on the ground.

A4FB5A14-54A6-4D23-926D-21781A6CBF6D.jpeg

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m invoking a slight time warp. These photos were all taken and the first one edited between 1.35pm and 1.55pm. They were having some Chinese dancing in Woking square to celebrate Chinese New Year.

I had spent an hour before taking pics trying to get some good images with Slow Shutter Cam what with the current discussion on motion blur. I found that by saving various versions of the same image using the freeze slider and then blending them in iColorama, I could get a reasonable result. I also removed some heads at the bottom in Retouch and copied a foot in IC using the clone brush with a final pimp in Snapseed.

View attachment 106120

Here is some of the crowd watching. I would like to have edited these images but the first one took any time that I had left.

View attachment 106121

View attachment 106122

View attachment 106123
Lovely images Ann. Why is it that everyone else has something happening around them (*she whined*). Love the dragon’s head. Apparently, these dragons trawl about the country showing off. They have set times around the Chinese New Year where they have to be. Did it remind you, in a small way, of Hong Kong?

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Like last week I headed towards Alma for a walk. Like last week something caught my eye and I changed my plans. Chickens!
IMG_8049.JPG

About 2 km from here some friends have about 50 chickens, ducks, and a couple of geese. They wander around the yard as they please. Except a bobcat got one of the geese last week. (There used to be 3.)
IMG_8084.JPG

This is the doorway to the chicken condo on one end of the barn.
I made some pictures with PureShot straight jpeg, no DNG no HDR, the native camera app, Hipstamatic, ameraC, and ScanCamera, not even a tripod today, with the intention of being edit free, well except for a little straightening.
IMG_8116.JPG

This one I cropped.
IMG_8118.JPG

Here the chicken door is framed by ameraC.
I found my biggest issue was not being able to see the screen properly.
Is it really true that Hipstamatic cannot select the 2x lens, (except in classic square mode)? How long have dual lenses been around? Since the 6 Plus?

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 106115

View attachment 106114

View attachment 106116

View attachment 106117

You are just sooo crafty. How nice to be able to make something special for your friend’s twins. Twice the work for you, though.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 106120

View attachment 106121

View attachment 106122

View attachment 106123

What a great event for photos. The slow shutter really adds some flow to the movements. I wonder how much the dragon head weighs.

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Back in Cleveland to see the boys (it's been 6 weeks since we last were here.) As usual they're resting or napping at 2, so there out as subjects. The one constant here is clutter, so that is my recurring subject matter.
Although this first one is not so cluttered, and it features a book Grace made for Max.
fullsizeoutput_54ec.jpeg

Gloomlogue, MaxCurve

fullsizeoutput_54ee.jpeg

Gloomlogue, MaxCurv

IMG_3916.JPG

iColorama

fullsizeoutput_54ea.jpeg

unedited

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Like last week I headed towards Alma for a walk. Like last week something caught my eye and I changed my plans. Chickens!
View attachment 106136
About 2 km from here some friends have about 50 chickens, ducks, and a couple of geese. They wander around the yard as they please. Except a bobcat got one of the geese last week. (There used to be 3.)
View attachment 106137
I made some pictures with PureShot straight jpeg, no DNG no HDR, the native camera app, Hipstamatic, ameraC, and ScanCamera, not even a tripod today, with the intention of being edit free, well except for a little straightening.
View attachment 106138
This one I cropped.
View attachment 106139
Is it really true that Hipstamatic cannot select the 2x lens, (except in classic square mode)? How long have dual lenses been around? Since the 6 Plus?
They all were very cooperative in posing for you. It seems you were able to capture their good sides.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Lovely images Ann. Why is it that everyone else has something happening around them (*she whined*). Love the dragon’s head. Apparently, these dragons trawl about the country showing off. They have set times around the Chinese New Year where they have to be. Did it remind you, in a small way, of Hong Kong?
Yes, it did. I almost had a deja vu moment but the setting just wasn’t quite right. :lol:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 106136
View attachment 106137
View attachment 106138
This one I cropped.
View attachment 106139
I love hens and these are wonderful pics. A bit jealous. Would love to have taken such wonderful images and love the hen’s head against the black. Would put that one on my wall.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Back in Cleveland to see the boys (it's been 6 weeks since we last were here.) As usual they're resting or napping at 2, so there out as subjects. The one constant here is clutter, so that is my recurring subject matter.
Although this first one is not so cluttered, and it features a book Grace made for Max.
View attachment 106140
Gloomlogue, MaxCurve

View attachment 106141
Gloomlogue, MaxCurv

View attachment 106142
iColorama

View attachment 106143
unedited
Seems to me these lucky boys have lots of wonderful things to do. Are the lifesavers for you? :lmao:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
They all were very cooperative in posing for you. It seems you were able to capture their good sides.

I always say my good side is the outside. I found they were nervous when I stood up and moved around so I crouched down, trying not to get my rear end on the ice, and stayed that way for 5 minutes or so. They gradually came closer and seemed to be less worried about my presence. Then moved a few feet closer to the door and sat for the rest of the time. I did make lots of pictures because birds move in those sudden jerky ways that even a fast shutter speed may not be fast enough to stop the head movement. Then I threw out lots!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
At 2:00pm I had just arrived at a newly discovered trail. Found some really cool things along the way! These were all made between 2:00-2:55pm.

The beginning of the trail was muddy. Really muddy. Thick, oozing, cold, wet mud. It would have been great for a barefoot walk but it was only in the 30’s today. I didn’t have the proper shoes, having no advanced notice regarding the mud :rolleyes: so I was trying to skirt around it wherever I could, which involved fighting my way through the stickery brambles that lined much of the trail.

60B3A96E-CAB1-4F95-8845-A6D26B224CAC.jpeg

I considered turning back at first, but was glad I didn’t as most of the 4 miles I hiked was pretty dry.

7716B258-DC12-4316-AFB1-FF8605ADC0B8.jpeg

The trail through the woods had some areas of huge boulders that were fun to climb through and around, lots of streams, some I had to cross using stepping stones, and a small cave inside some of the big boulders!!

68BE5F82-0C7E-468E-B11C-B15802399E23.jpeg

The trail is near Princeton University, so I’m guessing it’s kids finding it necessary to leave their mark. :barf:

And I saved the best for last.....

9F5C9970-00E2-40E3-BB4F-74B3523AB23F.jpeg

:D It was on someone's property, with the Big House nearby, and behind a fence, otherwise I would have gone inside.

Well worth getting cold, wet muddy feet. :inlove:

All edited with Snapseed.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 106115

View attachment 106114

View attachment 106116

View attachment 106117

Those are the sweetest, most beautiful pair of baby booties!!!! :notworthy::notworthy::inlove::notworthy::notworthy: Your friend is going to be so thrilled. What an amazing gift.

And wow! you can hang laundry outside to dry already? Jealous. We’re getting a small snowstorm tonight that’s turning to rain.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 106120

View attachment 106121

View attachment 106122

View attachment 106123
What a perfect scene for slow shutter! Just love the first image (that pink!) and I love the dragon. Looks like you had a fun day!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
View attachment 106136
View attachment 106137
View attachment 106138
This one I cropped.
View attachment 106139
Aren’t they beauties! I love chickens... hope to have some of my own someday (I dream of gathering the fresh eggs and cooking them up in my tiny house). These images are all just wonderful, and the portrait is gorgeous!! That needs to be framed and hanging. Really love the interesting perspective of the last image too.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
View attachment 106140
Gloomlogue, MaxCurve

View attachment 106141
Gloomlogue, MaxCurv

View attachment 106142
iColorama

View attachment 106143
unedited
What a wonderful collection of books and toys and stuff (I loved those assorted Life Savers when I was a kid!!) Grace’s book looks amazing... what a talented crew we have here. :notworthy: And those glass balls are beautiful. I must say I just love your still life images. :inlove:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
At 2:00pm I had just arrived at a newly discovered trail. Found some really cool things along the way! These were all made between 2:00-2:55pm.

The beginning of the trail was muddy. Really muddy. Thick, oozing, cold, wet mud. It would have been great for a barefoot walk but it was only in the 30’s today. I didn’t have the proper shoes, having no advanced notice regarding the mud :rolleyes: so I was trying to skirt around it wherever I could, which involved fighting my way through the stickery brambles that lined much of the trail.

View attachment 106149
I considered turning back at first, but was glad I didn’t as most of the 4 miles I hiked was pretty dry.

View attachment 106151
The trail through the woods had some areas of huge boulders that were fun to climb through and around, lots of streams, some I had to cross using stepping stones, and a small cave inside some of the big boulders!!

View attachment 106150
The trail is near Princeton University, so I’m guessing it’s kids finding it necessary to leave their mark. :barf:

And I saved the best for last.....

View attachment 106152
:D It was on someone's property, with the Big House nearby, and behind a fence, otherwise I would have gone inside.

Well worth getting cold, wet muddy feet. :inlove:

All edited with Snapseed.
What a lovely walk. I do miss all the walking I did in HK. Looking forward to summer! Yes, and that last image is terrific.