Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Fancy something different? Bring out the creative you with Star’s (@Starzee) brand new MobiChallenge! Hai-Oto Challenge HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Results! TS122 2pm Saturday March-10

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 8 March 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Come on down to the Time Stamp Café! Its the international meeting place.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

Last edited by a moderator: 9 March 2018
    RoseCat likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

I see, above, that Firefox wasn't a good choice to paste the text for the next Time Stamp. Lost a bunch of the formatting. It always worked well with Safari. It doesn't display the Mobitog pages normally, either. The usual 4-across photo gallery on the home page shows up as 2 & 3/4 pictures across. Weird.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  3. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in.:thumbs:

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  4. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I fixed it for you. :)

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  5. KnavishFish

KnavishFish MobiStarlet

Device:
    iPhone SE
    I’m in. Will be in Saint John at a gaming convention. We’ll see how many dice I can get in one photo!

6. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Oo-ooo. Lucky you. Have fun.

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Thank you!
    I’ve been trying to transfer my text files from my Mac to my iPad to a writing app where I can edit rtf files. A few different attempts seem to be sending but the file never arrives. Sending to the files app hasn’t worked either.
    The plan is for all-mobile work on Time Stamp instead of relying on my Mac for certain things.

A long time ago something happened to the link back to the Mobi image guidelines. Where it says “her”e. The last e has become separated from the link. The link still works but it would be nice to finally get it fixed. Do you know how?

Last edited: 9 March 2018
    GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  8. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I have been having the most frustrating time transferring a perfectly ordinary TextEdit doc from my Mac to my iPad. I have eventually got it there via Dropbox but now nothing can open the document. So I converted it to PDF and sent that via Dropbox. Adobe Acrobat can display the PDF but I can’t select-all and copy the text and I can’t edit.
    This is what I have been routinely doing every week on my Mac without even having to think about it to set up each new week’s Time Stamp. Sometimes some minor editing is done to the file to keep it current. Then I paste it into the new Time Stamp thread in Safari and that’s it.
    On my iPad I can’t even find any way to open the document. I have a variety of writing apps to play with although any that turned out to have subscriptions I dropped right away. Adobe Acrobat can display the document but that’s all it can do.
    I never realized the iPad was so limited when it comes to text handling. I got RTF Writer especially for this purpose but it can’t open the rtf file from my Mac.
    Maybe with this flu my brain isn’t working properly.
    I also tried emailing the doc to myself and copying & pasting the doc into the body of an email to myself. Both docs look ok in Mail but when I try to transfer them the formatting gets lost.
    Part of getting this new iPad was the idea that I could now do all of the Time Stamp administrative work entirely mobile but it hasn’t been as easy as I thought.
    I’ve started using iCloud Drive for doc transfers, too. But I don’t want to move All my docs to the cloud, just specific ones.

Last edited: 9 March 2018
  9. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Fixed!

I went to the guidelines page and copied the link, then went back and edited the post, copied/highlighted the entire word “HERE”, tapped on the symbol in the edit bar that looks like a chain link, pasted the link and hit done.

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  10. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m glad to have that detail finally fixed.
    What I’ve been doing lately is copying that Time Stamp Intro text and pasting it into various text editor apps on my iPad. With most of them the formatting is lost and those apps I delete. But now I have one that preserves all the formatting so things are looking up.

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  11. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    96E21275-AD8B-4021-8BD7-B13D8E358050.jpeg
    Our space ship appears to have a wind-up clockwork propulsion drive.

12. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    chimera Chimera is our Grand Wrapper-Upper this week.

Last edited by a moderator: 10 March 2018
    GroovyGouvy, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  13. Starzee

Starzee BIG Font Junkie... MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’ll try to be in. I have acquired a malady that sent me to the doctor and I spent yesterday on the couch, binge watching “Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries “. Perhaps a cat visit me on the couch. No, Brewery today.

Oh yes, the Lunkenheimers finally posted a picture of the new arrival on Thursday. They certainly kept us on edge. Welcome to the world Leland Porter Slocum! (That the Dad’s last name, Lunkenheimer is the Mom’s maiden name)

14. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    I might be too late but here's a potential solution:
    https://justpaste.it/

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  15. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    Wet car parks from me this week. I got bored after cleaning out the greenhouse and went for an aimless wander on the way to pick my youngest up.
    A blocked drain in the Methodist church car park.
    20180310_135715.jpg
    And my youngest in the community centre car park. He's been to a laser tag party for a school friend's birthday and now wants the same for his own birthday.
    20180310_141323-01.jpeg

GroovyGouvy, ImageArt, deepop and 6 others like this.
  16. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Two great reflection images. :thumbs: Well done for finding something so photogenic on the fly (REM?) as it were. I don’t know what it is about kids and puddles.:lol:

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and RoseCat like this.
  17. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Nicola has come to stay this weekend (hooray!) and she wanted to buy some plants to beautify the walled garden at Delapre Park where she works on the gardens. So 2pm found us at the garden centre armed with Rog’s iPhone X. Why do I have his iPhone? Because, when I picked up Nix I left my handbag with iPhone, my purse, my house keys etc etc at my sister’s house.:rolleyes:. All I had, when we got home, were the car keys.:lol: Never mind, I’ll pick it up tomorrow.

DB48F753-EE2E-4B7C-94A4-47A0505841FD.jpeg
    Mirror mirror on the wall.

98FAF43C-20EA-4DC6-8E59-8F52AF74165E.jpeg
    B01477B8-761E-4196-96BB-03872BCF607D.jpeg
    A6E176F2-318E-4725-9B69-B8CC3E595AE8.jpeg
    0B99302A-C683-45A2-9B8F-33121D9AA05E.jpeg
    IPhone X

GroovyGouvy, ImageArt, deepop and 5 others like this.
  18. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    Rapid Eye Movement? Random Energetic Mongoose? Really Early Man?

terse, GroovyGouvy, deepop and 3 others like this.
  19. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    As long as you do it on a web browser, you don’t need any third party apps - just cut&paste, all the formatting comes through.

Since you’re a staff member, Brian, you can edit any post at any time. So just go to the most recent Time Stamp (next week it will be this one as it’s now fixed), tap edit on the first post, select all & copy. Then tap Cancel to get out. Create a new thread and *paste* - everything will be there, fully formatted. :thumbs:

The problem is you’re trying to do it in the app. If you must use the app, tap on *Web View* and follow my instructions and that will work as well.

20. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I love puddle reflections... the first one is great with all the flotsam up top and the lovely tree in the puddle.

I played laser tag once... it was weird at first (pointing and “shooting” people) and then you get into it...which is even more scary to me, how normal that became. :eek: (obviously I’m not a gamer :rolleyes:)

21. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    WOW these are crisp and clear!! :notworthy: Did you use the native camera app? I love the last four... the silvery tones in the mono photo are beautiful. Looks like a wonderful place to spend some time.

22. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Thank you :inlove:. Yes, these were just the native iPhone X camera. I really like it.:rolleyes:

23. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  24. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
  25. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I generally work in browser mode and I have used the copy & paste that way before but usually I’m going the other way when starting a new TS thread. For instance, my Time Stamp Intro is already edited to a new version for TS123.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.