• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Results!TS123 2pm Saturday March-17

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

The Time Stamp Café is the international meeting place - open 24/7. Looking for a refuge of quiet contemplation? Check out the new meditation centre.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

• Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event.

• Post your images to this thread.

• Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m in. :thumbs: I’ll bring my bottle of vegan Bailey’s to the Time Stamp Cafe for everyone to try.

I concerned friend brought me this, some honey and a lemon the other day to help beat back the flu. She said it’s a guaranteed recipe.
IMG_8373.JPG

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm found me returning things to the kitchen now that the decorator has done his thing. What a difference a day (or two) makes. Having a kitchen out of bounds for any time is a bit of an inconvenience, to say the least. However, now it’s all freshened up, and the cracks have been filled and painted over, it’s like it never happened.:lol: When you’re in the middle of it though, it’s like it’ll never end.

Before (from my 365 and just for your delight)

C08682C9-28C0-458F-B272-F06948C4FCB2.jpeg

After
BE10EDCE-F127-4C17-BF28-E3B8BA0D0870.jpeg

Some other bits from around the kitchen.
10C47C18-A078-4E4D-BFFE-02484AE9397D.jpeg

My pestle and mortar. Very heavy!

39898002-E6CF-4D2A-A37F-03804912C613.jpeg

Our favourite egg. I think I’ve photographed him before. His other face is miserable, so we never have that on show.

Dex who makes sure the door stays open.
9487C9F7-77A8-459A-94F1-C63601D4230C.jpeg

Native cam app.

Last edited:

KnavishFish

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Device
iPhone SE
Setting the scene: Today is St Patrick’s Day, officially. I find a lot of Maritimers claim their small bit of Irish heritage at this time as an excuse to get drunk. I don’t personally feel any connection with a saint of a religion and a country I’m not part of. That said, I do tend to wear green on this day, which is easy for me because I love green. Here’s a picture of me today—note my totally awesome braid-bun. My hair has been various shades of green since August, so it has nothing to do with today, but I’ll milk it anyway.

IMG_0758.JPG

So, I’m at home with my dog. This is the end of week three of my cold. Getting hot and cold flashes today. Even the people who many have caught it from me are better by now. Grumble grumble. Since I’m not going out, I took some photos of my adorable dog and played with them in a new app I got called Olli.

Sample original:

IMG_0751.JPG

Three submissions:

IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG

And a fourth because it was fun:

IMG_0755.JPG

Best wishes to all!

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I decided to stay nice & warm inside. Something I saw in one of JillyG’s photos sent me looking for a rock of my own.
3C8C02E6-135E-4072-9791-B4C168F2F3E0.jpeg

Up on a high shelf...
FCE71895-9919-4F27-9726-2B43BC2F366D.jpeg

Woof!
0399A7BB-767F-49C3-931A-26B84D288F40.jpeg

All photographed on my iPad using Fusion HDR. A bit low light for hand holding but I don’t have a tripod mount yet. Resized in iWatermark.

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Setting the scene: Today is St Patrick’s Day, officially. I find a lot of Maritimers claim their small bit of Irish heritage at this time as an excuse to get drunk. I don’t personally feel any connection with a saint of a religion and a country I’m not part of. That said, I do tend to wear green on this day, which is easy for me because I love green. Here’s a picture of me today—note my totally awesome braid-bun. My hair has been various shades of green since August, so it has nothing to do with today, but I’ll milk it anyway.

View attachment 107220

So, I’m at home with my dog. This is the end of week three of my cold. Getting hot and cold flashes today. Even the people who many have caught it from me are better by now. Grumble grumble. Since I’m not going out, I took some photos of my adorable dog and played with them in a new app I got called Olli.

Sample original:

View attachment 107221

Three submissions:

View attachment 107222View attachment 107223View attachment 107224

View attachment 107225

Best wishes to all!
It’s nice to see you’re having fun!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Yep, you guessed it... I’m at home!! But today I’m not beating myself up about it. I’m catching up on some shows, making homemade chai tea, got some sandalwood incense burning, the windows are open and there’s a refreshingly chilly breeze blowing in. Plus, tonight I’m going out with my friend for our 3rd inaugural St. Patrick’s day visit to a local pub for a beer and some bagpipes. :D

B4C174D2-761B-45DC-9C8B-39E04B8A4D18.jpeg

After our recent snowstorm, sadly many trees lost branches - the snow was super wet and heavy. I gathered up some pine boughs for a small bouquet. While trimming the branches my fingers got really sticky from the pine sap, but man did it smell good! Unfortunately I can’t smell any scent from the bouquet, but it’s beautiful.

BBCF0EAE-33B5-4FA2-B7FE-DA0F08B27BFF.jpeg

794824F8-E77E-46C8-8307-3C6F4870D543.jpeg

Edited with Snapseed and Instagram

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
I'm in! Took these half an hour before time. Seems there is a bit of a rock theme going on this week - i'm currently spending a few days on The Rock - Gibraltar. Visiting friends. Lunchtime found me in an amazing 100% vegan restaurant eating their speciality, Kasballs which were amazing and delicious. I also have fast, reliable internet for a few days but staying with friends am probably going to be chatting rather than catching up on online stuff....

IMG_4549.JPG

My lunch. Ian had the same and Keith had the quinoa burger which he said was great.

IMG_4550.JPG

View from my table, shortly after this lots of people arrived and there were no spare tables.

IMG_4551.JPG

The ceiling was pretty interesting though Ian said the loo was even more interesting - for which you had to walk up the street, down an alley and round the back to a composting toilet.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yep, you guessed it... I’m at home!! But today I’m not beating myself up about it. I’m catching up on some shows, making homemade chai tea, got some sandalwood incense burning, the windows are open and there’s a refreshingly chilly breeze blowing in. Plus, tonight I’m going out with my friend for our 3rd inaugural St. Patrick’s day visit to a local pub for a beer and some bagpipes. :D

View attachment 107229
After our recent snowstorm, sadly many trees lost branches - the snow was super wet and heavy. I gathered up some pine boughs for a small bouquet. While trimming the branches my fingers got really sticky from the pine sap, but man did it smell good! Unfortunately I can’t smell any scent from the bouquet, but it’s beautiful.

View attachment 107230
View attachment 107231
Edited with Snapseed and Instagram
I made chai tea from scratch the other day - it was lovely. Lovely colours on the pine branch image - I love the smell of pine trees.:inlove: That little cup/bowl on top of the cookery books is so cute. Have a lovely evening.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm in! Took these half an hour before time. Seems there is a bit of a rock theme going on this week - i'm currently spending a few days on The Rock - Gibraltar. Visiting friends. Lunchtime found me in an amazing 100% vegan restaurant eating their speciality, Kasballs which were amazing and delicious. I also have fast, reliable internet for a few days but staying with friends am probably going to be chatting rather than catching up on online stuff....

View attachment 107234
My lunch. Ian had the same and Keith had the quinoa burger which he said was great.

View attachment 107235
View from my table, shortly after this lots of people arrived and there were no spare tables.

View attachment 107236
The ceiling was pretty interesting though Ian said the loo was even more interesting - for which you had to walk up the street, down an alley and round the back to a composting toilet.
Wow, 100% vegan - I’m thrilled that more restaurants like this are thriving around the world. Your lunch looks lovely. Those boveda ceilings are a fantastic feat of engineering.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 107220

Sample original:

View attachment 107221

Three submissions:

View attachment 107222View attachment 107223View attachment 107224

View attachment 107225

Best wishes to all!
I love all of these edits with that app. What a great model you have too. :inlove: I hope you feel better soon. It seems this flu is really virulent and debilitating.