• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Results! TS124 2pm Saturday March-24

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

The Time Stamp Café is the international meeting place open 24/7. Looking for a refuge for quiet contemplation? Check out the new meditation centre.

Get out your gardening gloves all you folks who are garden deprived during the winter months. There are places to plant some seeds for your favourite herbs & flowers.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Oh yes yes yes, be at the Kirstenbosch! Pleeeeeaaaaase. Love love love those gardens. :inlove:
I will have to show you shots from our visit before Namibia. We both felt that there were too many remote areas of the gardens that wouldn't be great for me to be alone. There has been a spate of muggings on some of the walking paths around table mountain.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
So it's not 2pm but I am invoking a time shift especially as my theme is steampunk and that has to be a time shift, doesn't it.

I dropped Tom off at his brother's and then looked online for some place to have breakfast and found a steampunk cafe called Truth Coffee Roasting in the Gardens area of Cape Town. This was very close to the place I used to live so I was fascinated to see how things had changed. It's in a wonderful old area of Cape Town with some beautiful buildings but I didn't recognise the street at all. I suppose it has been 35 years!

The cafe was certainly not a disappointment and it was great that all the staff were dressed in steampunk costumes. The pictures start just before 11am and finish just before 11.20. The last photo was taken after my Timestamp time but I just had to include it. This was the only photo that was edited - it was slightly overexposed due to the strong sunlight so the grunge look really improved it. The others were just reduced in size.

My coffee taken with Hipstamatic. Don't you just love the elephant:
IMG_3798.JPG

Salt and Pepper pots also taken with Hipstamatic:
IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

After Timestamp
IMG_3804.JPG

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
So it's not 2pm but I am invoking a time shift especially as my theme is steampunk and that has to be a time shift, doesn't it.

I dropped Tom off at his brother's and then looked online for some place to have breakfast and found a steampunk cafe called Truth Coffee Roasting in the Gardens area of Cape Town. This was very close to the place I used to live so I was fascinated to see how things had changed. It's in a wonderful old area of Cape Town with some beautiful buildings but I didn't recognise the street at all. I suppose it has been 35 years!

The cafe was certainly not a disappointment and it was great that all the staff were dressed in steampunk costumes. The pictures start just before 11am and finish just before 11.20. The last photo was taken after my Timestamp time but I just had to include it. This was the only photo that was edited - it was slightly overexposed due to the strong sunlight so the grunge look really improved it. The others were just reduced in size.

View attachment 107465

View attachment 107466

View attachment 107467

View attachment 107469

View attachment 107468

After Timestamp
View attachment 107470
How cool!

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 107465

View attachment 107466

View attachment 107467

View attachment 107469

View attachment 107468

After Timestamp
View attachment 107470
What a great spot to visit! Wonderful photos and description to help us imagine the place. I got a kick out of the lace-up suits on the salt & pepper. The decor is great. The zeppelin overhead really adds character. Great outfits on the couple in the last photo.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 107465

View attachment 107466

View attachment 107467

View attachment 107469

View attachment 107468

After Timestamp
View attachment 107470
What a cool place!! <everything Brian just said>

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X

View attachment 107465

View attachment 107466

View attachment 107467

View attachment 107469

View attachment 107468

After Timestamp
View attachment 107470
Fabulous!!

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
A great week here but was staying with a friend in Gibraltar who had brilliant internet but i was too busy to do much online!

Back in Spain now, only 1 week left here (where has all that time gone?). Back to slow and intermittent internet but i'll give it a go to upload my TS photos from today.

When my alarm went off we were in the process of preparing some snacks for this evening as a friend is coming over from Gibraltar to stay with us for a couple of days.

All native camera, no post-processing...

image.jpeg

Ian made guacamole, he doesn't have a recipe just throws it all together, it's based loosely on what the cook used to make for the ranch workers when he was out in Mexico doing some bird work there.

image.jpeg

I made Calentita which is a traditional Gibtaltarian recipe - allegedly dates back to the Great Siege (1779-83), the only ingredients being chick pea flour, salt, pepper, olive oil and water.

image.jpeg

A selection of beer to go with the snacks and a lovely sweet orange wine (vino naranja) which has been nice in lieu of dessert.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 107465

View attachment 107466

View attachment 107467

View attachment 107469

View attachment 107468

After Timestamp
View attachment 107470
What a lovely place!!! Overwhelming! Cool sayings around, love the airship pirates warning! [emoji106][emoji23][emoji23] The coffee you could even post on MC words. Just wonderful picture. And i love the man with his lit up hat! [emoji23] great! [emoji177]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
A great week here but was staying with a friend in Gibraltar who had brilliant internet but i was too busy to do much online!

Back in Spain now, only 1 week left here (where has all that time gone?). Back to slow and intermittent internet but i'll give it a go to upload my TS photos from today.

When my alarm went off we were in the process of preparing some snacks for this evening as a friend is coming over from Gibraltar to stay with us for a couple of days.

View attachment 107474
Ian made guacamole, he doesn't have a recipe just throws it all together, it's based loosely on what the cook used to make for the ranch workers when he was out in Mexico doing some bird work there.

View attachment 107475
I made Calentita which is a traditional Gibtaltarian recipe - allegedly dates back to the Great Siege (1779-83), the only ingredients being chick pea flour, salt, pepper, olive oil and water.

View attachment 107476
A selection of beer to go with the snacks and a lovely sweet orange wine (vino naranja) which has been nice in lieu of dessert.
I knew it was guacamole soon as I saw it. Yummy! [emoji4]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Okay, second try. Mobiapp collapsed when I tried to upload the first picture, before I finished and didn't save what was written. Maybe it was all wrong and so I do it again and hopefully better. Also I deleted over 1000 images, hoping it now lets me post something. The pod is too full. [emoji51] now different apps offer the picker but don't load the picture. I really have to delete more. Now I'm back under 30,000 photos and hope it will work.
Here we go, no great pictures today as I was out every night (except Wednesday, because I had the feeling I need a rest from the nightly cold), to catch as much I can from the Luminale. And I saw a lot, some twice, because so beautiful … nevertheless because of all that I had to skip my Museum day this week and did my shopping today (remember: Germany is closed on Sundays [emoji4]). At 2.04pm I arrived at the garden centre, that is not a little paradise like those lovely UK ones with coffee shops attached. Ours are mostly part of a DoItYourself super store and no place to rest apart from the garden furniture. [emoji1]
All Hipstamatic, except the last which was 6Pod native and cut to square in camroll.

HipstamaticPhoto-543599068.341644.jpg

The sunny day promises spring and some bought their spring already.

HipstamaticPhoto-543589708.406166.jpg

Daisies (surprisingly we call them also just Gänseblümchen, though they are looking so different to the average little one in the grass [emoji15]), so tightly crowned with petals that they look more like fungi at first sight.

HipstamaticPhoto-543598959.532466.jpg

An abstract Easter bunny on the pavement. [emoji1]

HipstamaticPhoto-543595613.483233.jpg

And much later on the way back to the car (2.40 pm) I found a catkin or for Star Trek lovers a tiny furry tribble and took it with me. [emoji81] it's amazing how soft that fur is. [emoji177]

IMG_3436.JPG

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It’s our 13th wedding anniversary today and so we went off to Norfolk to have lunch at our favourite cafe - Wiveton Cafe. It has only just opened for the season. This image wasn’t at 2pm, but just to prove where we were.:lol:

B98A735B-1D9B-4F8D-93A4-9E5FBBD8CB29.jpeg

At 2pm I was buying fishy bites for Benson from a shop in Holt that sells mainly wild bird food and feeders. This is Paul. He’s an avid birdwatching and photographer, so was happy to have his photo taken after I’d explained what I had to do. Behind him are some of his photos.

BACABDE1-7E16-4EA5-B24A-DA3224DE2B03.jpeg

He also takes people out on birdwatching tours.

F1E87BD9-8564-4FD4-9C7B-EAEF30752EC1.jpeg

And this was just such a strange encounter I had to include it. Whilst we were sitting in the cafe this person came past walking in a really weird way, his face completely covered with goggles and some sort of scarf. It wasn’t cold enough outside for this garb. Everyone in the cafe turned to gaze at this strange apparition. Then he walked off and we carried on eating.:lol:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 107474

View attachment 107475

View attachment 107476
Mmmm...yum! The vino naranja sounds interesting.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m at the Moncton Library making use of their excellent high speed internet.
I had planned to be at the Alter Girl to pick up the small desk I bought last week. But upon arriving it was obvious the place was closed because the yard was all snowed in. No way to get in there after the snowstorm.
IMG_8500.JPG

We went on up the road until I came to a tidal river crossing the road, or the other way around. With the new snow there was nowhere to get off the road except in plowed driveways and then walk back.
IMG_8502.JPG

This place is called Minors Brook and quite like the many other small rivers heading to the Bay of Fundy and influenced by the tide. Low tide at the moment.
Across the road the brook comes from inland.
IMG_8530.JPG

And lastly, a photo made just for RoseCat.
Nicely swaybacked roof, no trespassing signs, deep snow kept me from getting closer.
IMG_8526.JPG

Photos made with PureShot & Halide and tweaked in the Photos app.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Okay, second try. Mobiapp collapsed when I tried to upload the first picture, before I finished and didn't save what was written. Maybe it was all wrong and so I do it again and hopefully better. Also I deleted over 1000 images, hoping it now lets me post something. The pod is too full. [emoji51] now different apps offer the picker but don't load the picture. I really have to delete more. Now I'm back under 30,000 photos and hope it will work.
Here we go, no great pictures today as I was out every night (except Wednesday, because I had the feeling I need a rest from the nightly cold), to catch as much I can from the Luminale. And I saw a lot, some twice, because so beautiful … nevertheless because of all that I had to skip my Museum day this week and did my shopping today (remember: Germany is closed on Sundays [emoji4]). At 2.04pm I arrived at the garden centre, that is not a little paradise like those lovely UK ones with coffee shops attached. Ours are mostly part of a DoItYourself super store and no place to rest apart from the garden furniture. [emoji1]
All Hipstamatic, except the last which was 6Pod native and cut to square in camroll.

View attachment 107486

The sunny day promises spring and some bought their spring already.

View attachment 107487

Daisies (surprisingly we call them also just Gänseblümchen, though they are looking so different to the average little one in the grass [emoji15]), so tightly crowned with petals that they look more like fungi at first sight.

View attachment 107489

An abstract Easter bunny on the pavement. [emoji1]

View attachment 107490

And much later on the way back to the car (2.40 pm) I found a catkin or for Star Trek lovers a tiny furry tribble and took it with me. [emoji81] it's amazing how soft that fur is. [emoji177]

View attachment 107491
Love the daisies... great colors! And oh! The trouble with tribbles! (One of my fave episodes :D )

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
It’s our 13th wedding anniversary today and so we went off to Norfolk to have lunch at our favourite cafe - Wiveton Cafe. It has only just opened for the season. This image wasn’t at 2pm, but just to prove where we were.:lol:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! And an auspicious number for Rog. :inlove: Champagne for everyone is being served now in the Time Stamp Cafe!

And this was just such a strange encounter I had to include it. Whilst we were sitting in the cafe this person came past walking in a really weird way, his face completely covered with goggles and some sort of scarf. It wasn’t cold enough outside for this garb. Everyone in the cafe turned to gaze at this strange apparition. Then he walked off and we carried on eating.:lol:
:confused: :alien: :lol: Yes, that is a very odd outfit indeed.