Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Fancy something different? Bring out the creative you with Star’s (@Starzee) brand new MobiChallenge! Hai-Oto Challenge HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Results! TS125 2pm Saturday March-31

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 29 March 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

The Time Stamp Café is the international meeting place open 24/7. Looking for a refuge for quiet contemplation? Check out the new meditation centre.

Get out your gardening gloves all you folks who are garden deprived during the winter months. There are places to plant some seeds for your favourite herbs & flowers.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in, for sure. A little R&R at the Café 'til then. Might get some plants started. My greenhouse is still stacked with firewood for the winter. Groan, I'll have to move that to the carport before I can get some plants going.

3. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in.

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  4. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I’m in! Can’t believe Saturday is just two days away!

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  5. Starzee

Starzee BIG Font Junkie... MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in!

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  6. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
  7. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Is that a time machine??? ;)

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  8. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Some sort of farm machinery, maybe for grain? I guess it was dragged out of that falling down barn. Interesting that the wheels have 12 spokes.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  9. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My DH and I have two favourite places in the world: Langkawi Island in Malaysia and Plettenberg Bay in South Africa and we are now in Plettenberg Bay, known as Plett. For a WHOLE month. I love this place. A quaint town, two stunning beaches, fabulous food, a wonderful nature reserve just down the road just to name a bit. We stay on a golf resort in a simple apartment ‘unit’. It can be a bit noisy over Easter when the place is packed but when they are all gone it's bliss and the golf resort quiet and pretty. Sigh.

I've just dropped my DH and his brother at the clubhouse to play golf and I will join them for the second 9. Just out of the gate and up the road is the arts and craft centre, The Old Nick, and I'm here having a browse, taking my Timestamp pics and then settling in for a naughty piece of GF cake and a great coffee (don't tell the DH).

Here's an eclectic group of pics from the place, some taken in Hipstamatic, some edited in Hipstamatic and some just taken with the native camera with no edits.

IMG_3837.JPG IMG_3838.JPG IMG_3839.JPG IMG_3840.JPG IMG_3841.JPG IMG_3842.JPG
    The Roost where I'm having coffee.
    IMG_3843.JPG

10. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m rag rugging.:) It’s not really what I want to be doing on a Saturday afternoon, but my sewing room is getting a makeover and, as you will see, the material needed to make the rug takes up a lot of room! It’s a project I’ve been meaning to finish for ages and the makeover is the impetus I needed to get on with it. All the material (and it takes loads) to make the rug is recycled - old t-shirts mainly.

1CAF6281-3475-47B4-85EB-9D3E626997C5.jpeg

The bags of old t-shirts.
    26E83A83-5BC9-4E53-98C0-007E2FAC5344.jpeg

Still lots to do.
    74ADE571-6440-4ED7-847D-C53B612D42E3.jpeg

Benson always keeps me company.:lol:
    EB1C1A8B-E672-4C4C-89BC-D5CC3034802A.jpeg

11. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Now that’s more my cup of tea. Namibia didn’t do it for me, but I’d love to be here. And you’re there for a whole month Ann!!! Brilliant. We should see quite a bit of the area in that time.:lol: A brilliant set of images. I want the little zebra picture in that cabinet.:D And is that butterfly on the Monkey sign real or printed on the sign? I can’t tell. I’d also like some of those baskets from Zimbabwe please.:lol: You’re going to have a wonderful time here, I can tell. Enjoy.

12. Starzee

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What a great place!

GroovyGouvy, ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  13. Starzee

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wow! You are multitalented! That is going to look great!

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  14. rizole

rizole MobiLurver

Device:
    Samsung
    Day at home prepping a trip to visit friends tomorrow so nothing very interesting happening.
    Here's some shots from my other half's work room. She buys stuff and flogs it online which means her work room is jam packed with stock.
    20180331_140214-01.jpeg

She has a very good eye for vintage items.
    20180331_140917-01.jpeg
    And is currently wrapping presents. Easter is traditionally when we swap Xmas presents with our oldest friends, unless schedules don't match in which case it can end up being the summer.
    This is her desk. 20180331_140957.jpg

15. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiPassionista

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone X
    I'm in will post photos shortly if i can...

16. WildPlace

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone X
    Wow, all looks fabulous!

GroovyGouvy, ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  17. WildPlace

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone X
    Wow, you never cease to amaze me, you are so talented!

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  18. WildPlace

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone X
    Fascinating selection :)

GroovyGouvy, rizole and JillyG like this.
  19. WildPlace

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone X
    2pm, heading north on a Spanish motorway, been on the road since 6:15am had a couple of stops to stretch our legs, have a comfort break or two and to have coffee. 45 minutes later we arrived at our destination for today - Tordesillas and an overnight stay in a hotel. Tomorrow will be onwards to Santander and the return ferry (30 hours or so) back to the UK. Images are from the moving vehicle... Native camera, no post-processing.
    I'll miss Spain but will be quite happy to get back to decent internet and update my 365 project - which I have all the photos for on my iphone!

image.jpeg
    We had the sat nav on but i really love to follow along on a map...

image.jpeg
    Not much traffic on the road considering it's Easter weekend.

image.jpeg
    There's a bird just off the hillside, a tiny speck, Griffon Vulture :)

20. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    2 PM and as usual the boys are napping. (Nothing like a couple hours at the beach in the morning to tire them out.) We're staying on a small barrier island between the Gulf of Mexico and a bay created by the barrier islands. The street we're staying on is surrounded by at least 3 different canals the connect to the bay. Boats seem to be a big thing here, as you can see.
    View from the back porch, looking west toward the Gulf (the beach is just on the other side of the high-rises.)
    IMG_4521.JPG

Looking east form the front yard. This canal runs into the bay.
    fullsizeoutput_566c.jpeg

Several hundred feet to the left of this canal is a parallel canal. I walked down there because we'd seen a great blue heron 2 nights ago. Today there was this (hard to see in my photos) wildlife

Lizard IMG_4525.jpg

Snowy egret (get your magnifying glasses out)
    IMG_4526.JPG

And an osprey mom feeding one,maybe 2, chicks

21. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Interesting! You don’t fancy Namibia? Why? It’s so different?

Yes, the moth is real :)

Ah well, I am sure you would LOVE Plett. Here’s a pic I took during our walk along the beach on Friday evening. Although it looks cool it wasn’t at all. A lovely balmy evening.
    352F6872-A77C-42C0-ABA5-EED3901F548D.jpeg

22. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Clever girly! What are you going to do with it when it’s finished?

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  23. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I was a bit shocked when I first saw the image of the lady until I realised that the gentleman, umm, near the bottom of the image was a selfie :lmao:

24. WildPlace

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone X
    Looks and sounds great :) I've seen a very similar lizard before in Texas. The Ospreys here in the UK are only just returning, not breeding yet.

25. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Damn, I can SO sympathise. Not much wifi in Namibia and none in the apartment where we are so it’s sparing use of SIM data and daily trips to a coffee shop to download The Times for the DH. I miss my daily surfing fix.

Your Spain trip does sound fantastic though and you have been so lucky to miss all the foul weather.