Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE - Add/Update your 'Device:' in your Profiles! And, while you're at it, try MobiTog.com via your Browser? You'll be pleasantly surprised...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. > DONATE HERE < to help your community, THANK YOU!

Time Stamp Results! TS126 2pm Saturday April-7

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 5 April 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

The Time Stamp Café is the international meeting place open 24/7. Looking for a refuge for quiet contemplation? Check out the new meditation centre.

Get out your gardening gloves all you folks who are garden deprived during the winter months. There are places to plant some seeds for your favourite herbs & flowers.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in! Will the grip of winter weaken and allow spring to take hold?

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  3. KnavishFish

KnavishFish MobiStarter

Device:
    iPhone SE
    I’m in.

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  4. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
  5. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  6. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    In, in, in.:thumbs:

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  7. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    GroovyGouvy likes this.
  8. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    We hadn’t long been back from the hardware store when the alarm went off for 2pm. We were buying dowling rods to make a cotton reel holder for my new sewing room:D. It’s not finished yet, but I’ll post a photo when it’s done. Anyhow, I went around the garden to find the things I’d identified in the morning that would make a good Time Stamp photo and here they are.

018DAE6C-DA46-4F30-8240-46D5D02C24AC.jpeg
    Spring must be here because all the ladybirds have come out - and there are lots.

B302CB66-61CB-42D7-A8A7-1D9B04E2C18D.jpeg
    It must be Spring because the magnolia is just about to flower.

88C7F541-419D-4EA0-A9B2-0C30D812BFD9.jpeg
    Here’s another ladybird on a hairy leaf.

I’ve even done a first mow of the year on the lawn!!!!

All quickly Snapseed-ed.

9. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    My sister has come to join me in Plettenberg Bay for a long weekend. The shops close at 2pm on Saturday and I was helping my sister to find a top in a clothes store before the shop closed so I am afraid the time came and went.

Here was a shot taken this morning at about 9.35am out of the window of our favourite coffee place after a walk along the beach.

F4C045ED-70D3-4654-8A9E-267953D12151.jpeg

10. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    ScanCamera in the woods
    IMG_9015.JPG
    At the 2x width.
    IMG_9018.JPG
    Ye olde tree.
    IMG_9023.JPG
    Broken tree.
    And for fun I added this sand picture made with a new app I just picked up. The sand keeps falling and you direct it here and there sort of drawing it into place. It takes a couple of minutes.
    IMG_9024.JPG

11. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    You have spring while we are still getting snow. Almost 3” overnight.
    Nice to see a promise of spring from somewhere else, though.
    Ladybugs, ladybird beetles, how cheerful. That hairy leaf would make a nice closeup on its own, too. Maybe with a little dew.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  12. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    A roof like that would be very uncommon here. Nice view while enjoying your coffee. Lovely beach.

ImageArt, GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  13. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Yet another gray, chilly, winter-ish day is not motivating me to do anything... :( I think tomorrow is supposed to be better. So here I sat at 2:00pm with a moisturizing mask on my face, and I decided to make a cup of chamomile tea.

FA541DA4-D9DB-4710-9E94-B84A7C12E66C.jpeg

I thought, well that’s a boring photo, so decided to make a couple photos of my entire apartment. Since I keep showing the bits & bobs, I thought maybe seeing it all together would be interesting. They are total crap photos as I can’t get the light right...but you’ll get the gist.

2CEA57AE-FE90-4F77-AAF1-FB1A11257C34.jpeg
    The only thing I wish for is wood floors - I h.a.t.e. carpeting. At least it was brand new when I moved in (I gave an exaggerated song&dance allergy story prior to moving in... :whistle: )
    665651A9-43DE-41B3-9890-6D38993C7F80.jpeg
    Bathroom on the left, plus walk-in closet, front door to the right (the door you see on the right is a small coat closet). Lots of storage in this small space! :thumbs:

14. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    The second image looks like a freaky gateway to another dimension. Perhaps it’s the Time Stamp Cafe portal??

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  15. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Beautiful signs of spring... I saw lots of budding trees and bushes on my walk the other day... but no lady beetles here yet.

JillyG, GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  16. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Your spaces feel cozy & warm, efficient, as well.

JillyG, GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  17. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy In My Bottom Phase...

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    In and evoking Time Shift!

After the funeral on Friday (yes, yet another) I had a nappy that lasted some hours instead of one. That caused I'm awake nearly all night to go back to sleep in the early morning hours. This morning I was up at 10 and still somehow tired so I started slow, gave me another hour and watched some tele instead, to make myself ready, go out to get some bits and pieces and then off to the museum.
    My 2 o'clock shot must have been looking something like this (made with Hipstamatic):

HipstamaticPhoto-544819274.140694.jpg

All black with a bit of mysterious light – because I fell asleep again and was dreaming about getting a great Time Stamp picture ON A RIVER! Don't ask for more. Can hardly remember, but I didn't do a similar shot today. Maybe in the future …?

Anyway, though I still couldn't get my bits and bobs, I didn't care, it was such a wonderful summer day outside that I convinced myself to go out anyway and rather get the stuff Monday after work.
    At half past 3 I was on my way to the Caricatura Museum and arrived around 4. It was quite funny, but all so very German that it was no good to show pictures here. Wordplays that have to be translated are not funny anymore. So I went to Schirn afterwards, it's only a cat jump away … (added the Caricatura in CamRoll to show you it's just a Minute walk)

IMG_7985.JPG

… and when I arrived at the Rotunda I found myself welcomed with the whole place filled up with fabric banners on sticks. There was just a very small path around where people could walk through. I'll come back to that at the end.

So we are now at "Power To The People" (Political Art), starting at 5.16 pm, with a great painting of political business, called "The Sleepers".

IMG_7321.JPG

Next 5.20 pm) is the only one I edited in Snapseed, because it needed straightening. I missed the idea about the video, it contained ballet dancers and tanks, maybe more (probably a kind of comparison between war and art?), but I was fascinated how the man filmed the video and then I was distracted by the people on the left and how they looked like before the big picture, that showed people with banners with printed something's on it. Kind of interesting logos, I think the artist wanted to show that it is totally unimportant what on a banner or poster is, it becomes a message as soon as someone shows it off.

IMG_7986.JPG

And now what the Time Stamp Café gets from me right away: "5000 Likes"; 5.21). I have cleaner shots of it, but I pretty love girls in communication about and with it.

IMG_7394.JPG

The farthest corner showed "Freedom" (5.27 pm) as well as a pirate ship (big enough to ride, kind of raft with sails), but I like this more though "wavey" because of the panorama shot. It is just a straight corner.

IMG_7438.JPG

And to complete the picture, because it is totally invisible on the panorama: a big block of steel, shiny polished like it's a mirror (looking so much like glass!) and it blended wonderfully into the scene.

IMG_7486.JPG

Now I come back for the round up within the Rotunda. Remember, last time there was snow on its roof? This time it must have been blue sky, but all you could see was this at the entrance (ground floor), colourful banners on thick sticks and sacks of something heavy to keep them in place.

IMG_7216.JPG

After I saw the exhibition (which is on the second floor) I went down to the first floor and into the Rotunda, that is like a balcony there, well, but not open, so gallery might be more correct. First picture just straight over the banners, second down into the banners with the sunlight casting even shadows of people and makes it interesting.

IMG_7590.JPG

IMG_7695.JPG

This time all native 6Pod, no edits except the one mentioned.

18. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Oh man, I hate when that happens!! o_O

This is fab! I think it’s a wonderful abstract... and with the texture it actually looks like a real piece of fabric/textile.

This looks like a really interesting exhibit... lots of things to contemplate.

This seems a bit odd... doesn’t seem to be any room to wander through them. Almost like a construction site, or work in progress. Maybe really just to view from above?

JillyG and GroovyGouvy like this.
  19. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    1. Very rarely, and usually I can cope, but this time I was too relaxed.

2. Thanks and I have no idea where the texture is from. I just took a picture with the pod lying on the lens with the native cam (makes a black picture) and put it into Hipstamatic, where it must have got the texture with the random film, I didn't see it, but added the Yuletide flash. And I thought yes, could be a dream.

3. Indeed.

4. Yes, as I said in the beginning, just a small path a-ROUND it, no walk through, like a wall. But very interesting. It's nothing but colours. I haven't seen the label, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's from the same artist who did these enigmatic posters.

ImageArt, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  20. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Great one! Even without 2 o' showing. ImagePlay or another gif maker?

FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  21. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Love them!!!
    Haven't seen any here yet, but today was already summer. Sooo wow!

JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  22. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Surfers paradise it seems. And the seagull so crisp like baked. Wow!

ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  23. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I appreciate your experimental arts. You always come to great results. And the trees look even somehow natural. Only when you get closer one sees the ripples and stripes. So impressive!

RoseCat likes this.
  24. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What a beautiful single room flat. I am overwhelmed how much space you have left everywhere. From what you said it's stuffed, but no, you've built a great hideaway there. It's absolutely marvellous!

Starzee and RoseCat like this.
  25. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Yes! That's it!!!!

JillyG and RoseCat like this.