Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Time Stamp Results! TS127 2pm Saturday April-14

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 11 April 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

The Time Stamp Café is the international meeting place open 24/7. Looking for a refuge for quiet contemplation? Check out the new meditation centre.

Get out your gardening gloves all you folks who are garden deprived during the winter months. There are places to plant some seeds for your favourite herbs & flowers.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in!

I put my summer tires on today so that means it should snow for 3 days straight. Maybe a spring snowman on Saturday.

3. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in.:thumbs:

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  4. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I’m in!:D

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  5. Starzee

Starzee BIG Font Junkie... MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Yup. Mike is having his on tomorrow. I guess we expect snow up and down the easy coast.

6. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Murphy’s Law. :rolleyes:

7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It got up to +10°C today in Moncton but there are still some piles of snow at parking lots 25-30 feet high.

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  8. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    It's going to be in the 70's tomorrow, about 80 on Saturday..... then back to 45 or so on Sunday. Psycho Spring.

9. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    WHOA. :notworthy:

10. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    RoseCat : I can’t find in which thread this topic started. It was about converting a Ford Transit Courier into a camper.
    Yesterday we actually made a visit to a Ford dealer to check out the Courier in hopes of finding a used one. My searches online for a used one turned up nothing here but one in Wisconsin (!). Apparently people like them so well they don’t sell them. Actually the Courier name refers to the delivery model and the 6 passenger model has another name starting with C but I can’t remember. Apparently this vehicle has an unusual number of possible variations that can be ordered.
    The one we saw at the dealer is a slightly fancier model, and bigger engine, than what we imagined and it cost $35,549.99! It was the 6 passenger model with full windows all around. The two back seats fold down to make a flat floor, although unbolting the seats and removing them altogether is a few inches lower still.
    The important part of the story is that apparently insurance companies frown on making them into a camper and the insurance cost is very high. I think this applies to people who plan grandiose schemes of adding 2 bedrooms and a bath and kitchen etc. Something about making significant alterations to the structure and weight distribution. Just tossing an air bed on the floor and sleeping in it while travelling isn’t a problem.
    The salesman told us at least 10 people ahead of us had come looking to buy one for this purpose but when they checked with their insurance as he recommended they abandoned the idea.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  11. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I wonder if the insurance scenario is different in the US? I’ll have to ask Terilou who I follow on IG. (@artisticadventurervan https://instagram.com/p/BhhBhQoH3Lc/)

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  12. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
  13. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My favourite restaurant in Plett is Emily Moon, also a small boutique hotel. It’s location, overlooking a meandering river is just stunning and the decor is just out of this world. It’s sort of Indiana Jones meets African. There are details everywhere and I was hard pressed to narrow my images down to 7! We arrived just before 2pm. They used to be open for lunch but no more. However the receptionist was happy for me to photograph the place.

No edits
    FCDD0E61-D332-43F5-87BB-3BCD3E19AAC0.jpeg
    Metal Bird: Snapseed and Hipstamatic
    5C6D758C-DA18-449B-BA32-859F58D761B2.jpeg
    Snapseed and Hipstamatic
    4D59D2F2-AE1D-47A2-A3E8-7FDF4D56AFEB.jpeg
    This is at the entrance looking towards the reception in the middle, to the right is the main restaurant and view and to the left and on one level up is a pizza restaurant. If you go in close you will see details everywhere. Snapseed.
    E139400A-7C37-4B85-8CE0-56013D3951C7.jpeg

This is where I love to sit in the evening on the high stools overlooking the valley. The restaurant is to the left. Snapseed.
    D3AB899B-6C42-4EEF-9297-0AAD795F7DF2.jpeg

The view from the car park. The wall on the left gives privacy to the hotel suites.
    132BD016-042E-4647-8300-0F6E30546AD4.jpeg

This image was just before 2pm when I was getting impatient for 2pm to strike. Snapseed.
    31BF3F93-A3CF-4D49-8FA4-B9156B70EBF5.jpeg

Attached Files:

Starzee, GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and 3 others like this.
  14. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wonderful photos of a fascinating place!

GroovyGouvy, ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  15. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wow Ann, if this doesn’t make everyone want to go there I’ll be very surprised. It is soooooo beautiful. It makes me want to go there, and sort of sad that I’ll never go there. Gorgeous. You won’t want to come home.

16. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m here to provide the other extreme to Ann’s glorious photos, as you will see. :lol:At 2pm Nicola and I were in the car driving back from Huntingdon, so I made three at 1.45-ish before we drove off .

The view from the car park!
    7F5D231E-720F-4D5C-B5E8-D87CF7D8E9D4.jpeg

Bill was wrong today, there was lots of sunshine and it was a beautiful Spring day.
    A7EF603C-6F24-46B8-A02F-832C474569BD.jpeg 2DA7D06C-0E29-45A5-8548-E58121CC136F.jpeg

And this was made when we got to the supermarket at 2.45pm. It was for a cancer awareness initiative.
    BF69B4D7-50B7-46A1-BF71-A35A895CB3FF.jpeg

Starzee, GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and 4 others like this.
  17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    It’s about 84°F today... nice to finally be warm, but REALLY?? Mother Nature?? I’m on a trail and wishing I had gone out earlier, but then I wouldn’t have anything different for TS.

Not that this is so different, as I’ve posted many Saturday trail photos on TS... I was sitting on a log having a snack break when my alarm went off.

12277FBB-3019-46C5-B143-608C5866F5D2.jpeg
    Still pretty barren...no shade yet on this woodsy trail.

57F85940-3F53-4F78-81CB-4F4836358745.jpeg

EEEEC663-606A-4AB6-BE41-14234092BA83.jpeg

Directly above me...
    CC57EC82-88C0-430E-A772-1E4E95693A8A.jpeg

Starzee, GroovyGouvy, deepop and 4 others like this.
  18. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    We still have quite a bit of snow except in open areas but I went to see how the Coltsfoot flowers were coming along. Coltsfoot is the first wildflower to bloom in the spring. I’m always glad to see it in spite of its official status as a noxious weed.
    There are a couple of places on a south facing bank at the shore where the first Coltsfoot are usually seen so that’s where I went on my quest.
    IMG_9328.JPG
    The flowers didn’t open much today because it was cold and windy but they will be open whenever it is sunny.

Since it was such a dull day regular photos were not very exciting to I opened ameraC to play.
    IMG_9343.JPG
    IMG_9410.JPG
    Dennis Beach.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat, deepop and 3 others like this.
  19. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Your first image so clever, Jilly. Hard to believe it’s just a car park.

20. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Your images ‘feel’ so restful. I could be there with you, sitting back and munching snacks, all of which look like my favourite!

21. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I always enjoy your AremaC pics. You use it very cleverly.

22. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    The only thing I miss is my own bed! My neck and back taking a pounding. Thank goodness I brought my own pillow. Winter here can be pretty chilly with no heating so summer in the UK and summer here would suit me down to the ground thanks. :)

Drinking coffee at the LookOut yesterday, look who came to visit. An alien on earth!

B3D0500A-F79E-4B06-A219-8DE92468644B.jpeg

Starzee, GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and 3 others like this.
  23. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Here by the coast we might get only a couple of days that warm during an unusually hot spell. Your woods looks fairly dry already. No snowy or soggy looking spots. Nice enough for sandals! Too early for bugs? 84°F and still no leaves. Time for some shade. I imagine the spring ephemerals will be blooming soon. I was wearing boots and my winter jacket out at the shore today.

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  24. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Nice photo! Looks like a young preying mantis.

25. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I keep coming back to look at your first photo and trying to understand the layout. It’s a dramatic angle to be sure. And lastly, the pink hair!

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.