Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. BLACK & WHITE #102 is OPEN to showcase your B&Ws > JOIN IN HERE <
    Dismiss Notice
  2. > PLEASE DONATE HERE < for your community, THANK YOU!
  3. Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Results! TS138 2pm Saturday June-30

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 28 June 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Time Stamp is about developing your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. Time Stamp is a Challenge, after all. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

RoseCat likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in! We have company the next few days so who knows what we will be up to during Time Stamp.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  3. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    GroovyGouvy is the Grand Wrapper-Upper for TS 138! Yay!

4. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I’m in! It’s going to be my nemesis weather all weekend though... 95°F-ish (with real feels in the 100s), with a gazillion percent humidity :barf: so I highly doubt I’ll be anywhere other than somewhere air conditioned.

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  5. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in and was unforeseen at home. Did my shopping, came home, did some things, thought it might be 1pm, but the alarm told me different. I just wanted to set off to the Städel, what i might still do after posting or not …
    Just two minutes before I took a picture of Pepper, to try an old cam app and because I just thought he has his modelling day today. I was so surprised by the alert that I nearly dropped my 6Pod.

For Pepper I need to say: I certain now he is indeed male, and it looks he is actually a Speckled Bush-Cricket. From the beginning I thought (after researching several websites) he might be a Short-tailed Plump Bush-cricket or a Krauss’s Bush-cricket. All three look very alike. But since this Thursday I’ve spotted brown bands in his neck.

Let’s go back to the first day I’ve spotted him and could only take a proper shot with the macro attached. That was just a month ago, on the 27th of May.

86307817-4686-4C46-83E6-62008758BF96.jpeg

That is what he looks today. No macro needed anymore. :)
    And one of very few times he showed his face to the camera.

C9CD5E06-8FAF-46D3-B858-C6CF5233AD4C.jpeg
    I just marked the upper picture to remember what app I used and was thinking it’s great but not as crisp as could be, when the alarm set off. So I switched to native cam when just the wind raised. And I’ve got many pictures like this:

57C6002D-990D-4058-A57B-7F089E3045EC.jpeg

But the burst function helped, I also got a sharp one. Isn’t he adorable, is he?

D79F0ECE-BF91-470B-A3CA-6DBCD107F799.jpeg

And I took more pictures of my now changed balcony. The little strawberries from last year don’t look pretty, but the berries are twice the size this year.

E4271626-BF3C-47A2-BF40-10BB4418E18F.jpeg

My balcony greens in three pictures taken from left to right:

Pepper’s home, called now Pepper’s mint :D, the planter with the little strawberries in the rear, basil beneath and a tomato plant on the right. I drew a red circle to help you finding Pepper.

E99B5CEE-5E91-416C-94B6-8FBF0DF87046.jpeg

The tomato plant, the weeds from the bird seeds (ain’t it beautiful plants/flowers!!), the pot with the sunflowers (I was right!) from these seeds (those didn’t survive in the big weeds pot), and again tomatoes (blooming! :inlove:).

6B0E8F20-D672-456F-B7B7-429FEA5E100A.jpeg

The tomatoes from the former picture, the flower planter I’ve got from a friend for my birthday with purple white speckled beauties and a sunflower (that is totally different to the ones from the bird food, because much stronger stem), the black pot for the black berries I couldn’t grow. The only little leave is gone, eaten or drowned. It had little holes, but I doubt Pepper is guilty as he seems to never leave his mint, though having the other goodies in reach. And yet another tomato.

A3262ED6-ACA9-4573-BA06-153EE60C8E48.jpeg

That’s all. Hope you enjoyed the little tour. And I’ll stay home now and visit the Städel tomorrow. Two hours are not enough to go though it. :)

Last edited: 30 June 2018
    zenjenny, deepop, ImageArt and 2 others like this.
  6. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Look how Pepper has grown! And I love Pepper's Mint.... that is perfect. :D So sweet that he's made his home on your balcony... I love him! Your basil looks so beautiful and lush. What a lovely little garden you've grown. :inlove:

ImageArt and GroovyGouvy like this.
  7. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Thank you Sweetheart.
    I hope he stays until he is “singing his song”. It is said they cricketing in August. Wonder if he stays the long. But after I’ve heard him I might get him down to the backyard meadow. I don’t think he’ll have option for a girl coming up here. I’m still wondering how he came up. The wind? Was he still an egg or already a little Larve, tinier than the one I saw? The world is full of magic! :D

FundyBrian and RoseCat like this.
  8. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Ahhh.... so sweet of you. :inlove:

It is indeed!

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  9. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Since I’m dealing with this today (and the foreseeable future... :tired:),

37EAA533-4F1D-4767-940A-8E1E0A62895C.jpeg

...I was home at 2:00pm. I went to the farmer’s market today at 9:00am while it was still “cool” (if 80°F is considered cool :rolleyes:) and bought veggies, blueberries and homemade pasta. This photo was made around 1:00pm; I call it Summer in a Bowl: kohlrabi, apple, scallion, radish, carrot, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, Himalayan pink salt, fresh ground black pepper. It was so fresh and delicious. :inlove:

305233D9-3E09-4AC6-89EF-82DB11267A07.jpeg

This one I made at 2:00pm... refrigerator pickles made with sliced french radishes. I had to bring it outside to my little landing in order to get some semblance of proper lighting.

AEDAB75B-C5EB-4FED-B8AE-7DA51D5CC221.jpeg
    Snapseed

Starzee, ImageArt, deepop and 2 others like this.
  10. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I was working on my carport roof when the alarm went off. Yikes. Rushing around I was attracted by the bright colours of flowers but the wind was giving me trouble.
    5F93581F-34C3-4D6A-A697-93B4C4EDD3E6.jpeg
    In this Columnbine bud I liked the curve of the stem and a similar curve in the horns on top of the bud. Not enough depth, though.
    Then my attention was caught by some Hosta leaves.
    87ADADAF-8287-4FD1-B84D-1F1698E31C22.jpeg
    52BD8B6E-303B-4B41-8D49-574356DEE0AA.jpeg
    The only way I got anything useful was to use burst mode and move in or out a bit to vary the focus plane.
    All Snapseed.
    Lots of fun. Now back to work.

Starzee, ImageArt, deepop and 2 others like this.
  11. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Lookin’ good!

12. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    The hosta leaves are incredible! It looks like quilted fabric. Beautiful.

FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  13. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Hmmm, YUM! Apart from the olive oil I’ll have to make your summer here. Sounds a great combination and I like everything you put in. Somehow I have trouble with olive oil. Nothing serious, but not my taste, that’s what my tummy says, not me. :) I’ll replace it with pumpkin seed oil or sunflower. Hope you don’t mind. :)
    And the lighting on the radishes looks perfect. Makes it a jar of mystical remedy. Very cool. :inlove:

And though hot is sometimes too much I rather have this than frozen feet. :)

RoseCat likes this.
  14. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    You can totally replace it with any oil of your choice... coconut oil might be yummy too - I may use that next time.

FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  15. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Isn’t it remarkable how many hair or fur plants have if you look closer? I think that all the time. Often even sleek plants have some like your columbine. And it’s still surprising for me.
    The leaves look like wings, do they?

Haha, you maybe have the wind now that blew through Pepper’s mint when it was my turn. Funny to hear you handled it the same way I did: burst mode. :D

Lovely pictures and the colour of the Columbine is awesome. :inlove:

FundyBrian and RoseCat like this.
  16. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Oh yes! That sounds to be the zest of it. I have to try this. And maybe a drop of vinegar. Balsamico. :thumbs:

RoseCat likes this.
  17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Yum... yes. Maybe even some of your fresh mint! I think recipes are made to be modified and experimented with!

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  18. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Sorry folks, I was playing a golf match against another club so had to switch the alarm off and couldn’t have taken any photos anyway.

FundyBrian, GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  19. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Or avocado oil.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  20. KnavishFish

KnavishFish MobiStarlet

Device:
    iPhone SE
    I was at Animaritime this weekend. It’s a convention that starts with the love of Anime and everything related, and stretches out from there to include all sorts of things. Movies, costumes, comics, videos games, board games, and the role playing games I like.
    Here’s a picture of the games room at 2pm.keep in mind this event takes up rooms in both the Fredericton convention centre AND the large hotel across the street. This is in the hotel. 82DCFAD3-D3A3-4D19-9C2A-860B54B5A1AB.jpeg

I was fortunate that my mother was willing to indulge my last minute costume idea and made it in the 24 hours before the con started. This photo is for reference only, and is my avatar from PokemonGo that I made my costume to copy.(technically, I did take this picture on my phone, but it’s not a submission.)
    C16FB6BE-6E8F-4DD8-BF60-433D06CAAD89.jpeg

This is my costume self portrait in a fancy hotel mirror upstairs. Of course, I don’t like how I look, but I’m very pleased with my costume precision.
    D33ACAA3-8D98-4D7F-A66D-A8D6C1251186.jpeg

Lastly, since costumes and specifically cosplay is such a big thing at this con, they have onsite portrait photographers that you can pay to have a session with. I happened to pass a couple of the photographers when they were taking a break and took this quick shot. A mobile photo of a huge physical camera. It’s actually not a good quality image, now that I see it up close, but the thought was good. This doesn’t show the length of that lens. It was very big! DAAF939B-01E5-4CD4-A087-6C29001FFA5F.jpeg

RoseCat, FundyBrian, Starzee and 3 others like this.
  21. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Like Catherine we were experiencing the first day of a heat wave. It was supposed to be in the low 90's but I didn't see the thermometer crack 90 (It got to 89.).I had plans of photographing the thermometer, the air conditioner, and World Cup game I was going to be watching. My plans got changed when I noticed that my Havahart trap had succeeded in catching the groundhog that had been marauding and eating Grace's flowers for the last week.So just after 2 I was at the edge of some woods about 5 miles from my house releasing the groundhog. I had planned to take pictures of the release for the TS, but frankly I was nervous and wanting to get the release over quickly (the groundhog was not happy)( and feeling slightly bad about trapping the animal even tho' he was destroying the garden) that I totally forgot to take any photos.
    I was about a 1/2 mile from the little pond/beach where we frequently went with Toby and Max when they were visiting, so I stopped there.
    fullsizeoutput_5e32.jpeg

This a storage tank directly across the street from the beach.
    fullsizeoutput_5e36.jpeg

RoseCat, FundyBrian, Starzee and 2 others like this.
  22. deepop

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    You manage to pack a lot of goodness in a small space.

GroovyGouvy and ImageArt like this.
  23. deepop

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    All looks yummy (except the weather forecast.) I love the color coordination - food, bowl, placemat.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  24. deepop

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    You and your mom nailed the costume. It looks great. (I had to look up "cosplay" - not a word I knew before.)

25. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Looks delicious!

RoseCat likes this.