• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Results : TS39 2pm Saturday Aug-6

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Saturday, 2pm, Time Stamp, no theme.

Overview:
Participants will make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Rules:
- Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.
- All images must be shot between 2:00pm to 2:10pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 10 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm. Be careful not to remove the creation time & date from your image metadata.
- You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:10pm window of opportunity.
- You may enter up to 3 images. To reward your enthusiasm you can have an extra 5 minutes for each additional image (up to 2), after 2pm for your extra 2 shots. This means, if you choose to enter 3 pictures, your total window of opportunity will be 20 minutes in total. If you are submitting one image your window of opportunity remains the original 10 minutes. Remember, that includes editing time.
- Post your images to this thread. Images posted using the Mobitog app at 1024px are perfectly OK. No need to send high resolution images via Safari.
- Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). There's no point in delaying since any editing must be completed within the official window of opportunity. You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.
- Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

Now Weekly!:
• Time Stamp has become a regular weekly event! We will stick to the current Saturday at 2 pm time slot for a while until we decide to try some other time. This week will have no theme but other weeks might (so pay attention!).
• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.
• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.
- Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470431917.338318.jpg

With just a delicate pass with the wand of greens. I had to restrain myself from making all the clock numbers green, too.

Last edited:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We found ourselves at the Urban Bakery at 2pm which is a posh mall but actually the food and coffee is excellent value. We seldom eat out for lunch but we had been on the go all morning so decided to stop for a sandwich. My phone was running out of juice - down to 4% - and my cheapie short cable which I bought to go with my battery backup has clearly seen better days (and you get what you pay for!). So little time to take photos and seriously quick edits. Not the best but hey-ho.

This needs cropping closer but it's the neon sign at the front and the face chipped out of the wall on the back which is really what I was trying to get (had to resize from tiff to jpg when I got home).

image.jpeg

Would you wear this jacket?? Grunged in Plastic Bullet.

image.jpeg

View from the Landmark Atrium down onto the street. Grunged in Plastic Bullet.

image.jpeg

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We found ourselves at the Urban Bakery at 2pm which is a posh mall but actually the food and coffee is excellent value. We seldom eat out for lunch but we had been on the go all morning so decided to stop for a sandwich. My phone was running out of juice - down to 4% - and my cheapie short cable which I bought to go with my battery backup has clearly seen better days (and you get what you pay for!). So little time to take photos and seriously quick edits. Not the best but hey-ho.

This needs cropping closer but it's the neon sign at the front and the face chipped out of the wall on the back which is really what I was trying to get (had to resize from tiff to jpg when I got home).

View attachment 80463

View attachment 80464

View attachment 80465

Great Ann. I love all the reflections going on in all the photos.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 80463

View attachment 80464

View attachment 80465

Three very different and intriguing photos. I especially like the near/far composition of the 3rd photo.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 80463

View attachment 80464

View attachment 80465
I kinda really like/love that jacket.... I think it would look cool mixed with other patterns/colors for a mish-mosh funky type of look. And with Doc Martin boots, of course.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The Stilton Bike Show! What? It's news to you? It was news to me too. I was pulling the weeds out of our block paving this morning and lots of bikes, old and new, passed the house. Aha thinks I, there must be a gathering and it will be perfect for Time Stamp, so here are some photos.

image.jpeg

Two Harley owners.

image.jpeg

The Throng - up the street

image.jpeg

... And down it

I'm afraid selfies were inevitable with all that chrome.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
The Stilton Bike Show! What? It's news to you? It was news to me too. I was pulling the weeds out of our block paving this morning and lots of bikes, old and new, passed the house. Aha thinks I, there must be a gathering and it will be perfect for Time Stamp, so here are some photos.

View attachment 80474
Two Harley owners.

View attachment 80475
The Throng - up the street

View attachment 80476
... And down it

I'm afraid selfies were inevitable with all that chrome.
Cool!! I love a nice Harley....

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 80463

View attachment 80464

View attachment 80465

I'm curious about the jacket photo. Where can I get one? No, I mean I'm curious to grasp the difference between what the scene actually looked like compared to the edited version you posted. Was it really sort of plastic looking mono green?

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm curious about the jacket photo. Where can I get one? No, I mean I'm curious to grasp the difference between what the scene actually looked like compared to the edited version you posted. Was it really sort of plastic looking mono green?

I'll tell you what Brian, it's beautifully made. Look how the butterflies match up where it buttons up - that's not easy to do. :thumbs:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm Atlantic time.
We have company visiting and a late lunch. I was only half finished my lunch when my 2pm alarm went off. Here's my lunch. French toast with bananas, fresh raspberries, maple syrup.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470503855.261478.jpg

A Kaleidacam rendition of lunch.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470503913.906424.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470503948.090280.jpg

This is why you should never let a photographer point a camera at you. My friend Mike photographed with the split mirror effect in Kaleidacam.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
2pm Atlantic time.
We have company visiting and a late lunch. I was only half finished my lunch when my 2pm alarm went off. Here's my lunch. French toast with bananas, fresh raspberries, maple syrup.
View attachment 80486
View attachment 80487
View attachment 80488
This is why you should never let a photographer point a camera at you. My friend Mike photographed with the split mirror effect in Kaleidacam.
Holy moly your breakfast looks delicious!!! Want.Some.Now.

And, hey there Gandalf!!! [emoji112][emoji112][emoji112] :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Getting ready for my UK trip! I have everything on my couch, ready to roll up into my small overhead bin sized suitcase. :D

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470506971.845526.jpg

Becasso oil filter + iColorama watercolor filter + Snapseed tweaking.

EDIT:
Adding this image just for story telling purposes...

image.jpeg

Packed and ready to start my adventure!! :D

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm Atlantic time.
View attachment 80486
View attachment 80487
View attachment 80488

Mike could take part in Catweazle reloaded. [emoji1] sooo cool! [emoji106] and you even greened his shirt. [emoji23]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
At 2pm I found myself at the shopping centre where I used to be only sometimes during the week. But I needed something I was hoping to find at the big electronics store there. When I arrived I thought I'll treat me first with a coffee and will go up to the roof top to show you the view.
When I was at the skyline garden the alarm went off and sky opened for some seconds to let the sun through.
So I quickly went around the corner where the playground wire object is and I knew I could do a colourful shot because of the rubber bottom they put underneath to prevent serious injuries in case a child falls. (FusionHDR, no further edits).
Playground With Tower
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470508203.798468.jpg

After that shot my iPod complained about low memory. I wanted to quickly delete some images from the roll but found it hard to do so as I forgot my glasses in the car. So I decided to take the other pictures with the native cam to make sure they'll be saved and will do the rest when home. Somehow I focused just on the fair trade tower as it's the most interesting and prominent skyscraper around the scene.
To make it not too boring I ran the pictures through PaintLab that downloaded this morning. It's yet another Prisma app, (960x1280 px output, watermark cannot be removed, wifi needed, and though nice effects it shows jaggies, prolly because of the low res).

Visitors Enjoying The View With Tower Through The Window
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470508997.568773.jpg

Car On Rooftop Under The Tower
(Peugeot showed parked two of their cars there for advertisement, but I couldn't find someone who might want to sell it to customers. I know the cars are up there at least for two weeks now. Maybe they can't find a way to get them down again. [emoji1])
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470509170.327188.jpg

And off competition, but the bonus, cause now I could take break, the pictures were taken and the rest had to be done when home, where wifi is and my glasses are. [emoji16]
Coffee On Top Beneath The Tower
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470509607.562328.jpg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
At 2pm I found myself at the shopping centre where I used to be only sometimes during the week. But I needed something I was hoping to find at the big electronics store there. When I arrived I thought I'll treat me first with a coffee and will go up to the roof top to show you the view.
When I was at the skyline garden the alarm went off and sky opened for some seconds to let the sun through.
So I quickly went around the corner where the playground wire object is and I knew I could do a colourful shot because of the rubber bottom they put underneath to prevent serious injuries in case a child falls. (FusionHDR, no further edits).
Playground With Tower
View attachment 80491

After that shot my iPod complained about low memory. I wanted to quickly delete some images from the roll but found it hard to do so as I forgot my glasses in the car. So I decided to take the other pictures with the native cam to make sure they'll be saved and will do the rest when home. Somehow I focused just on the fair trade tower as it's the most interesting and prominent skyscraper around the scene.
To make it not too boring I ran the pictures through PaintLab that downloaded this morning. It's yet another Prisma app, (960x1280 px output, watermark cannot be removed, wifi needed, and though nice effects it shows jaggies, prolly because of the low res).

Visitors Enjoying The View With Tower Through The Window
View attachment 80492

Car On Rooftop Under The Tower
(Peugeot showed parked two of their cars there for advertisement, but I couldn't find someone who might want to sell it to customers. I know the cars are up there at least for two weeks now. Maybe they can't find a way to get them down again. [emoji1])
View attachment 80493

And off competition, but the bonus, cause now I could take break, the pictures were taken and the rest had to be done when home, where wifi is and my glasses are. [emoji16]
Coffee On Top Beneath The Tower
View attachment 80494
I love the PaintLab image!! The effect makes it look like the skyscraper is set against a jagged, rocky mountain or cliff. :thumbs:

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Getting ready for my UK trip! I have everything on my couch, ready to roll up into my small overhead bin sized suitcase. :D

View attachment 80489
Becasso oil filter + iColorama watercolor filter + Snapseed tweaking.
Envious re your trip AND your ability to pack light/smart

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
At the town dump/recycling center at 2.(There is no municipal trash pick-up here. Either you take it yourself or hire someone to do it. (There's a local bike collective, The Pedal People,who will haul your garbage and recycling year round, regardless of the weather or temperature.) I'm a self-hauler.
First two taken with ameraC, last one edited in Snapped

Book donation/swap shed (exterior/interior diptych to stay within the 3 shot rule)
IMG_5417.JPG

Peering into the plastics/cans dumpster (we don't do single stream recycling here)(Dedicated to Ann who has noted that I might occasionally take[sorry Brian] pictures of garbage)
IMG_5413.jpg

Thunderhead looming over the dump
IMG_5414.jpg

Last edited:

BoBo

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Playground With Tower
View attachment 80491

[...]

If you want to get rid of the watermark without decreasing the images size any further you can enlarge the image prior its conversion using Handy Photo's MagicCrop option. After the conversion crop the now watermarked bottom section. :)
Nevertheless that low resolution thing is kinda no go :confused: