• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Time Stamp Results: TS45 2pm Saturday Sept-17

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Saturday, 2pm, Time Stamp, no theme.

Overview:
Participants will make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Rules:
- Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.
- All images must be shot between 2:00pm to 2:10pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 10 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm. Be careful not to remove the creation time & date from your image metadata.
- You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:10pm window of opportunity.
- You may enter up to 3 images. To reward your enthusiasm you can have an extra 5 minutes for each additional image (up to 2), after 2pm for your extra 2 shots. This means, if you choose to enter 3 pictures, your total window of opportunity will be 20 minutes in total. If you are submitting one image your window of opportunity remains the original 10 minutes. Remember, that includes editing time.
- Post your images to this thread. Images posted using the Mobitog app at 1024px are perfectly OK. No need to send high resolution images via Safari.
- Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). There's no point in delaying since any editing must be completed within the official window of opportunity. You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.
- Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

Now Weekly!:
• Time Stamp has become a regular weekly event! We will stick to the current Saturday at 2 pm time slot for a while until we decide to try some other time. This week will have no theme but other weeks might (so pay attention!).

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.
- Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm in. The DH is arriving from HK tomorrow (yippee!) but he's playing at the club in a comp so he's dragging me around on Friday o_O instead. Got to find somewhere nice to go. They have opened a little wetlands down the road from where we live. Doesn't seem like many birds have settled yet but that's where I took the photo of the tree and they have some lovely bullrushes. Will take my selfie stick so I can try and get close if I do get there. Or maybe a trip to Wisley Gardens although might be a bit hectic on a Saturday.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
What! I'm in the UK and still the first to post??!!

Today's Timestamp felt a bit like a comedy of errors because:
1. The cheap selfie stick that I was using to get close to the bullrushes broke.
2. An Estate Agent called at 2.10 so I ended up negotiating rather than editing the pics I had taken.
3. I finally went into the cafe to order a delicious piece of gluten free cake and tea to find that they had closed early at 2.15 because they had an event on that evening! :(

I did manage to edit one photo at 2.19:
image.jpeg

Rest are unedited apart from reduction in size and signature.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The building on the left is what they built as part of the wetlands:

image.jpeg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I'm on a train from New Jersey heading into the city (Manhattan/New York City for the out-of-towners ;) ), so I just opened up Hipstamatic and shot several images - it was set to the newest pak. I then ran the images through Diptic...

IMG_2505.JPG

This was somewhere outside Metuchen, NJ.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We're in Wales and the wifi reception is very s l o w. So here is one photo I took at 2pm. The others haven't loaded yet. We'd just driven past some very beautiful scenery and at 2pm we turned off the main road towards our destination and the scenery disappeared! The high hedges hid it from view.
IMG_4304.JPG

If my photos ever get downloaded, I'll post some photos of the amazing cottage we've rented. ;)

Edit: Finally, some more have appeared.

IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4324.JPG

We parked in the car park of The Jolly Frog so that I could take the photo of the hills.

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm Eastern Time. Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Quebec.
2pm was right at the end of the farmers' market time although we had been there since mid-morning. They had extra events going on today along the Main Street in St. Annes.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474138345.631171.jpg

Part of a row of produce vendors.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474138411.719851.jpg

What's left of a basket of fruit. BeCasso
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474138560.178168.jpg

Earlier they had a Monarch butterfly release and a couple of the butterflies just flew a short distance and then settled down to rest or sit in the sun. I went back and found this one still sitting on a vine on the wall about head high. BeCasso.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We're in Wales and the wifi reception is very s l o w. So here is one photo I took at 2pm. The others haven't loaded yet. We'd just driven past some very beautiful scenery and at 2pm we turned off the main road towards our destination and the scenery disappeared! The high hedges hid it from view.
View attachment 81976

If my photos ever get downloaded, I'll post some photos of the amazing cottage we've rented. ;)
What, you don't have a roof ladder on that to stand on top for an unobstructed view?

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sorry for being so late. Was a long day yesterday. So very happy greetings from BERLIN! Unfortunately my time stamp doesn't show much but the bonuses will complete the story.
Around 12 we've been to the movie museum to see the special exhibition of (see picture – FusionHDR with fish eye attached)
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474193180.301898.jpg

It's a science fiction movie/TV and on this poster my favourite "Raumpatrouille" (space patrol, D 1965 @ lzed Larry will know [emoji4]) is featured. But we also happened to bump into a Dalek and many other things and creatures. (But no pictures allowed)

At 2 pm we finished there and decided to have Indian food, what we found at the Potsdamer Platz. So all I can show you is the s-Bahn sign and the bit on the right that shows a bit from the Indian restaurant (pic 1) and the view from the Indians to the tube station Potsdamer Platz (pic 2)
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474193691.226100.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474193702.227415.jpg

And to round up the story and the real reason for us to meet in Berlin was to go to the cinema and watch all 7 Raumpatrouille episodes on the big screen for the 50th anniversary of the first broadcast along with the two survivors (actors, all others died unfortunately) of the crew and dancing girls that did the strange moves they called dance in the series.

Around 5pm we met up at the cinema with my exclusive designed and made T-Shirts for our group from all over Germany.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474194189.633629.jpg

At about 8 pm (after the first episode) the two actors agreed to answer some fan questions.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1474194473.742485.jpg

It's been a wonderful day and we've been back to the hotel at 2 am today.
I love Berlin. [emoji4]
Cheers!

Starzee

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I took a short walk down the street to The Purple Monkey, a antique shop that has three floors of all manner of, well, stuff. It's in an old warehouse sort of building and it's huge. I don't know how they can keep track of all the items. We discovered, when one of the owners met us outside, it is also pet friendly, so Rose can do some browsing, too. I can see a lot of Saturday afternoons exploring. I can also foresee plenty of wrecking yard fodder.