• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Time Stamp Results! TS93 2pm Saturday Aug-19

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Overview:
Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sitting around the house, watching an excellent movie on my free month of Amazon Prime while sorting a week's worth of mostly junk mail. More housework to catch up on over the weekend, but you gotta start somewhere...
IMG_9907.JPG

My iPad as seen from my ip7+ with a little pizzazz from TaDaa's 'Lucy'.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I recently visited my mom, brother and friends in my home state of Washington (the West Coast one ;) ) We browsed through a bunch of memorabilia she had saved for each of us kids... some I'd seen before but most was new to me. I didn't realize my mom was such a *saver* - she had kept everything! Birth announcement newspaper clippings, birth congrats cards, birthday cards, report cards, grade school artwork.... even the bracelet the hospital put on me when I was born!! (This was THE MOST precious gift because it has my time of birth, which was missing on my birth certificate. And I had called the hospital and learned there had been a fire and all records were lost. Now I can do my astrological charts!!) I also found our address in Laguna Beach, CA where I went to first grade and part of second, and where all my brothers were born, and was able to find our house on Google Maps!!! :D

I'm home today (too damn hot outside) and thought I'd share a few bits for TS.

IMG_6909.JPG
IMG_6910.JPG

And yes, my family calls me Cathy. :rolleyes: :zip:

And another yes, I went to catholic school the first 7 years of my schooling. Um, why did (do?) they dress kids in wedding dresses for first communion??? :eek:

Edited with Snapseed

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I recently visited my mom, brother and friends in my home state of Washington (the West Coast one ;) ) We browsed through a bunch of memorabilia she had saved for each of us kids... some I'd seen before but most was new to me. I didn't realize my mom was such a *saver* - she had kept everything! Birth announcement newspaper clippings, birth congrats cards, birthday cards, report cards, grade school artwork.... even the bracelet the hospital put on me when I was born!! (This was THE MOST precious gift because it has my time of birth, which was missing on my birth certificate. And I had called the hospital and learned there had been a fire and all records were lost. Now I can do my astrological charts!!) I also found our address in Laguna Beach, CA where I went to first grade and part of second, and where all my brothers were born, and was able to find our house on Google Maps!!! :D

I'm home today (too damn hot outside) and thought I'd share a few bits for TS.

View attachment 97949 View attachment 97950

And yes, my family calls me Cathy. :rolleyes: :zip:

And another yes, I went to catholic school the first 7 years of my schooling. Um, why did (do?) they dress kids in wedding dresses for first communion??? :eek:

Edited with Snapseed
Ahhh, you're so adorable (then and now :D). It's unmistakably you.:inlove: How lovely to have all those things.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Ahhh, you're so adorable (then and now :D). It's unmistakably you.:inlove: How lovely to have all those things.
It really is.... even my minimalist side wants to keep them. Lucky it will all fit into a smallish box.

And I LOVE the Western Union telegrams, and the clippings in the socialite columns of newspapers (not that we were socialites, LOL, but dad was a musician so maybe the Union put them in).... stuff you just don't see any more.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm invoking the Time Shift Exemption again because we were travelling to Waveney Sculpture Trail in Norfolk at 2pm. At just before 4pm we were walking the Trail.

IMG_7212.JPG

I think this looks like Fundy Brian.:D

IMG_7221.JPG

One for GroovyGouvy Gouvy.
IMG_7223.JPG

These were just one pair of many shoes and boots that marked the trail - all handmade and planted with little plants.

IMG_7240.JPG

I like the fly that's photobombing the ladybird's photo.:lmao:

What's that? :eek: The MCC theme is Sculpture? What a coincidence!:sneaky:;)