• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Results! TS99 2pm Saturday Sept-30

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview:
Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm and 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Am I first poster? :) We decided to go and have a look at Oundle Marina, and specifically a company that customises new VW vans into camper vans. These are for you Catherine.:inlove:

7998E6CC-080A-43DC-A30F-81FB51EAB075.jpeg

Here you can see the raisey roofy thing (pop top Rog tells me) that means you can stand up inside the van. It also means that the ceiling inside the van doubles up as a bed base when the roofy thing is raised.

71FCC3E8-42D9-4C78-9869-D4DA0C674DDC.jpeg

Here’s the layout inside. The seats pull down and form a double bed (with a panel at the back).

5E2267BD-BA97-4B08-A5AC-EC66B9705466.jpeg

And, in my opinion, the pièce de résistance - the chemical toilet that fits in a cupboard under the bed (where else?).

6F0D0550-6F70-4CFC-90BB-394510F5AB0B.jpeg

Here’s an image of part of the marina for reference.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Am I first poster? :) We decided to go and have a look at Oundle Marina, and specifically a company that customises new VW vans into camper vans. These are for you Catherine.:inlove:

View attachment 99757
Here you can see the raisey roofy thing (pop top Rog tells me) that means you can stand up inside the van. It also means that the ceiling inside the van doubles up as a bed base when the roofy thing is raised.

View attachment 99756
Here’s the layout inside. The seats pull down and form a double bed (with a panel at the back).

View attachment 99758
And, in my opinion, the pièce de résistance - the chemical toilet that fits in a cupboard under the bed (where else?).

View attachment 99759
Always interesting to see some camper conversions. Do you also have the Ford Transit Courier over there? It's a European designed vehicle. They make a nice camper, too.
Is that a long boat on the right at the wharf?

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Always interesting to see some camper conversions. Do you also have the Ford Transit Courier over there? It's a European designed vehicle. They make a nice camper, too.
Is that a long boat on the right at the wharf?
This company that converts the VWs has tried converting the Ford Transit, but apparently they don’t sell as well. This, despite the Transit being just as good as the VW (according to the owner of the conversion company). And yes, that is what’s called a narrow boat in the UK. :thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 99757

View attachment 99756

View attachment 99758

View attachment 99759
Oh!!!!!! Soooooo great!!! That toilet is fab!! OMG... if you guys get one of these I'm going to be GREEN (but happy for you!)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’m at home, in a sort of fog as I was up until 4:00am while my friend was factory resetting my iMac and then adding back El Capitan :barf: (see Tech Talk forum for deets if you’re curious - it was a drawn out saga but has ended well!)

Needless to say, I haven’t even eaten anything or had tea yet or even water, as I got up at 10:00am and have been farting around on my “new” iMac all day, setting stuff up. :eek: So these are just some closeups of things in my apartment, edited in VSCO.

995B80B5-BF8F-43CD-86F2-88991664A143.jpeg
AE38E3FA-8DF0-4060-BC9C-DF8B520270D0.jpeg
E3434E4B-9552-4659-8DF6-7FEED65806EA.jpeg
849CD5BE-33BE-4053-BC71-078247915075.jpeg

...now I really need to eat something.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m at home, in a sort of fog as I was up until 4:00am while my friend was factory resetting my iMac and then adding back El Capitan :barf: (see Tech Talk forum for deets if you’re curious - it was a drawn out saga but has ended well!)

Needless to say, I haven’t even eaten anything or had tea yet or even water, as I got up at 10:00am and have been farting around on my “new” iMac all day, setting stuff up. :eek: So these are just some closeups of things in my apartment, edited in VSCO.

View attachment 99767 View attachment 99768 View attachment 99769 View attachment 99770

...now I really need to eat something.
Very nice close-up abstracts! I like the colour range, too.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Did I mention I am ‘In’... :sneaky:

Anyway, I’m afraid mine are all a bit ropey... :whistle:

Another take on a trip to Oundle Marina... :D
View attachment 99773

View attachment 99774

View attachment 99775

Native Camera - Enhanced only in Photos... :rog:
I'm guessing the first one is a rope bumper on a boat although I have only seen plastic ones. Another guess is that you have desaturated these photos a bit to filmify them. (From the dictionary of made up words). However it is done the effect is pleasing. Interesting to see a selfie of your phone & hands but without a face.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Tick, tick, tick, tick, 2pm, Go!
IMG_4328.JPG

OverCam.
I have been revisiting apps not used much and turfing out a few.

One pill makes you larger, and the other...
IMG_4371.JPG

Boletus monsterificus.
Fusion.

Another Bolete by a young Yellow Birch.
IMG_4392.JPG

Fusion, HandyPhoto.

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I'm guessing the first one is a rope bumper on a boat although I have only seen plastic ones. Another guess is that you have desaturated these photos a bit to filmify them. (From the dictionary of made up words). However it is done the effect is pleasing. Interesting to see a selfie of your phone & hands but without a face.
All straight out of the iPhone Brian, just Enhanced in Photos is all... ;)

No desaturation, or filmifying, has occurred, that I am aware of... :D

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 99757

View attachment 99756

View attachment 99758

View attachment 99759
My DH is so not a camper or even a glamper but I would love to have something like this and travel around the UK, staying in out of the way places, especially Scotland.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365