Ric’s journey without direction

Well I write this here as it is my journey sort of, so, it turns out that my XR isn’t well at all. After finding out it was reconditioned even though in a proper sealed box, I’ve been forced to look at renewing my phone. With the money situation as it is, I’m now looking forward to a new albeit only one year younger iPhone 11. With Amazon £50 cheaper than the actual apple store, it means I get a case and change from money saved.
hopefully I can do the camera proud.
I think you'll find the ultrawide camera very useful when shooting from the hip.

I think you'll find the ultrawide camera very useful when shooting from the hip.
Good shout Ted. Very useful for busy streets. Good job I got enough to be getting on with at the moment. Hopefully it won’t take that long. Could have bought second hand but scared I’d get ripped off.

The Last Post

3466DDAE-4971-4A93-9F61-5931BDAC5136.jpeg

lightroom

One of the few photos, be it good or bad, that I haven’t given a title to. Trying to wean myself off taking just photos of people ( even though I love trying to get that moment of someone’s life that not even they take notice of). I have no idea if it’s any good, or what the hell I was thinking when I took it or edited it. It’s going here though for the hell of it. In a few days maybe I’ll decide what this was all about lol

edited purely in snapseed ( god, if the makers of snapseed were to see this I’d say, add a couple of features with layers and I’d happily pay for the thing.

5608AB12-650C-452A-98BC-2B8DC5EF042D.jpeg

One of the few photos, be it good or bad, that I haven’t given a title to. Trying to wean myself off taking just photos of people ( even though I love trying to get that moment of someone’s life that not even they take notice of). I have no idea if it’s any good, or what the hell I was thinking when I took it or edited it. It’s going here though for the hell of it. In a few days maybe I’ll decide what this was all about lol

edited purely in snapseed ( god, if the makers of snapseed were to see this I’d say, add a couple of features with layers and I’d happily pay for the thing.

View attachment 179744
I love those pops of green.

Rice journey evolves….…….iPhone 11 should be arriving in time for the weekend. Fortunately not a pro max, nor a pro, but just a bog standard 11. only 64 go too but as I’m doing all editing on an iPad and very few apps get as far as my phone, I should be good to go with offloading photos to iPad daily. will I be sorry I haven’t got a pro? I’m not sure, but I didn’t fancy chancing another 2nd hand phone after my last nightmares.

Rice journey evolves….…….iPhone 11 should be arriving in time for the weekend. Fortunately not a pro max, nor a pro, but just a bog standard 11. only 64 go too but as I’m doing all editing on an iPad and very few apps get as far as my phone, I should be good to go with offloading photos to iPad daily. will I be sorry I haven’t got a pro? I’m not sure, but I didn’t fancy chancing another 2nd hand phone after my last nightmares.
I had a 11 basic model and I think it was really good. Sure, I missed the tele lens, but for the rest I was very happy with it. My DH has it now and he likes it too. Hope you’ll get to try it out this weekend :thumbs:

I had a 11 basic model and I think it was really good. Sure, I missed the tele lens, but for the rest I was very happy with it. My DH has it now and he likes it too. Hope you’ll get to try it out this weekend :thumbs:
I’m worried about not having telephoto but then again the XR didn’t have one and I could and did crop up to 50% for images that had a lot of post processing applied. The biggest thing is, seeing the difference between the XR and the 11 side by side. I was shocked at some of the results

I’m worried about not having telephoto but then again the XR didn’t have one and I could and did crop up to 50% for images that had a lot of post processing applied. The biggest thing is, seeing the difference between the XR and the 11 side by side. I was shocked at some of the results
I can imagine that - positive shocks are great experiences :)

No camera envy. You know they say the best camera is the one in your hand! Your pictures will be great no matter what camera you're using ;)

Well ted, iPhone 11 landed in my grubby mits today so first test was the wide lens. I’m not sure this is gonna be easy. If you don’t get that phone perfectly level to the subject, you get some real weird results. Shooting from the hip would prove very difficult I think. Hopefully I’ll get a test tomorrow when walking the dog.

Well ted, iPhone 11 landed in my grubby mits today so first test was the wide lens. I’m not sure this is gonna be easy. If you don’t get that phone perfectly level to the subject, you get some real weird results. Shooting from the hip would prove very difficult I think. Hopefully I’ll get a test tomorrow when walking the dog.
good luck :thumbs:

I get something close to your ultrawide when I attach the Moment wide angle lens to the iPhone wide angle lens. I always have to crop and do perspective correction (Snapseed is my friend, there) to get something decent, but the upside is that the field of view is so much larger, I don't end up cutting off people's heads (or other important parts) with my wonky blind shooting.

I get something close to your ultrawide when I attach the Moment wide angle lens to the iPhone wide angle lens. I always have to crop and do perspective correction (Snapseed is my friend, there) to get something decent, but the upside is that the field of view is so much larger, I don't end up cutting off people's heads (or other important parts) with my wonky blind shooting.
I’ll be having a go tomorrow but I got some ideas for it. It’ll have uses for sure.

Back
Top Bottom