Ric’s journey without direction

I'm guessing there must be some differences between iPad Lightroom and the Mobile version, never seen curves on the mobile version. Typical Adobe mess!
I think so John. And the iPad version seems to be less subscription for the premium package. I do prefer the layout of the iPad one.

I’m having a bit of a wacky day, I pick a silly subject, I do some edit on it and out pops a crazy title. My quest for making an image from something I’d never look at is going to extreme now perhaps. Anyway, I sort of liked the final image for some reason.

I’ve only just noticed, a spider tried getting into the image.

mechanical arthritis.

61157A0B-8B43-47CF-9BB7-243D33EB6DA5.jpeg

lightroom, snapseed and affinity photo.

Last edited:
I’m having a bit of a wacky day, I pick a silly subject, I do some edit on it and out pops a crazy title. My quest for making an image from something I’d never look at is going to extreme now perhaps. Anyway, I sort of liked the final image for some reason.

mechanical arthritis.

View attachment 180415

I like it too. Love the edit.

mechanical arthritis.

View attachment 180415

I think thats half the fun of mobitography, you end up shooting the most random stuff. Titles are always the icing on the cake. I used to give myself a ten second window to come up with a title on Instagram images.

I think thats half the fun of mobitography, you end up shooting the most random stuff. Titles are always the icing on the cake. I used to give myself a ten second window to come up with a title on Instagram images.
10 seconds? That could be hard in certain circumstances, saying that, i thought of this title before i took the photo. Its the only reason i did take it.

mechanical arthritis.

View attachment 180415

Nominated for IOTM.

After almost two weeks of hell in my life, I find myself returning to photography. During that time I’ve tried to gather all the photos I’ve edited and put them on instagram to keep track of what I’ve shown.
I also became obsessed with trying to create a workflow as when using a pc and desktop programs (namely trying to use the over complicated affinity photo for everything and the long winded routines to recreate what apps, like snapseed and superimpose could do in a minute or so) which resulted in travelling down the wrong road and diverted from having the enjoyment that you should have. The obsession with shooting and, deleting everything that I didn’t warrant as good enough became a real issue.
I suspect my journey is merely following many others that have been part of this group As creative block set in. Trying to move into other genres has brought obstacles in the shape of brick walls so it’s a challenge to see the things that are staring straight at you instead of wandering aimlessly to find something that blatantly sticks out.

so a new chapter starts, there is still no direction just hope.

I also repeat my previous view that the ability to belong and interact with a group such as this really does help.
my apologies in advance if I tag a ton of photos to mobitog in instagram later.

Which way?

I just liked the Confused reaction from my wife when she saw this.

03D38886-EA70-4CED-A060-DF16E3B2C02C.jpeg

Lightroom for iPad.

After almost two weeks of hell in my life, I find myself returning to photography. During that time I’ve tried to gather all the photos I’ve edited and put them on instagram to keep track of what I’ve shown.
I also became obsessed with trying to create a workflow as when using a pc and desktop programs (namely trying to use the over complicated affinity photo for everything and the long winded routines to recreate what apps, like snapseed and superimpose could do in a minute or so) which resulted in travelling down the wrong road and diverted from having the enjoyment that you should have. The obsession with shooting and, deleting everything that I didn’t warrant as good enough became a real issue.
I suspect my journey is merely following many others that have been part of this group As creative block set in. Trying to move into other genres has brought obstacles in the shape of brick walls so it’s a challenge to see the things that are staring straight at you instead of wandering aimlessly to find something that blatantly sticks out.

I also repeat my previous view that the ability to belong and interact with a group such as this really does help.

Which way?

View attachment 181054

Lightroom for iPad.
Good luck with your new chapter! BTW I'm constantly tweaking my workflow :lol:

Which way?

View attachment 181054

Lightroom for iPad.
It does play with the mind. I love it.

Which way?

View attachment 181054

Lightroom for iPad.
Just keep posting Ric, I wondered where you'd got to!

I don’t have a workflow, and I don’t want to have one. I just follow my mood that switches all the time :D

Which way?

View attachment 181054

Lightroom for iPad.
Just keep the workflow simple. Shoot lots, edit later. Don't overthink it or you will lose all the joy and the frisson of the shoot. So where's the instagram link then?

Just keep posting Ric, I wondered where you'd got to!
Had a horrid time and thought best to step away for a little bit. I’ve learnt the hard way. Lightroom snapseed and superimpose are my go to apps, if I go further ( and I will) it’s gonna be a case of one app, learn about it, then maybe look at another. after Seeing how mind boggling and complex affinity it’s can be on a tablet, maybe adobes plan of a simplified photoshop with the very capable Lightroom are good partners for mobile photographers.

Just keep the workflow simple. Shoot lots, edit later. Don't overthink it or you will lose all the joy and the frisson of the shoot. So where's the instagram link then?
That’s exactly what nearly happened, you nailed it. Instagram, errrrr, i haven’t linked it before but I think this might work https://www.instagram.com/ric_iphonography/

I don’t know where to put it in my profile

Back
Top Bottom