Ric’s journey without direction

Not done HDR, my normal subjects don’t hang around long enough to capture multiple shots. I’ve found tonemapping with a single jpg has its uses though.

Last edited:
My iPhone XR has discovered camera+2. I’m having a bit of a meltdown here cos it does close up macro better than the stock camera app, and whoooooah…… we have burst mode, slow shutter and focus tracking mode. This is gonna be interesting. Just in time for Thursdays trip to London!!!

My iPhone XR has discovered camera+2. I’m having a bit of a meltdown here cos it does close up macro better than the stock camera app, and whoooooah…… we have burst mode, slow shutter and focus tracking mode. This is gonna be interesting. Just in time for Thursdays trip to London!!!
I feel the same way about the macro. I love it.

Flowers are definitely not my genre. Anyway, it’s experiment time. Tried using just snapseed after taking this rather small weed, ahem, rockery flower ( I have no idea what difference there is between the two but screeching from the boss( wife) when asked to get weeds out of ground is a fairly good indicator of what is what). It looks like camera+2 macro mode works.

7933F366-E9B3-4853-A541-0DA86CC222A0.jpeg

This one was horrid to work on. I couldn’t get it to gel as mono and I had no chance of capturing this fleeting moment without a crowd of people around.

I also pondered on adding a stream of tears, or more like, a long exposure of water from a tap, to qualify it for the latest comp ‘fluid’ but I think that might have been pushing a weeny bit too far lol.

The Agony Of Parting……

BBFC7736-211D-436A-A68B-3AD17C689BC7.jpeg

lightroom for iPad, affinity photo.

Last edited:
This one was horrid to work on. I couldn’t get it to gel as mono and I had no chance of capturing this fleeting moment without a crowd of people around.

I also pondered on adding a stream of tears, or more like, a long exposure of water from a tap, to qualify it for the latest comp ‘fluid’ but I think that might have been pushing a weeny bit too far lol.

The Agony Of Parting……

View attachment 179522

lightroom for iPad, affinity photo.
but what if it was the joy of re-union?

Yet another experiment. I’ve been looking at Iphonography and found a faded type mono effect, so here we go again. It seems blur and lightening blacks, then dulling highlights are roughly how it goes but boy, it’s harder to do in Lightroom and affinity photo than it sounds.
chucking this version of a previously uploaded photo here so I can come back and look at this one after a day or two.

8239F263-BD59-4FD5-A025-1B54129279C2.jpeg

Yet another experiment. I’ve been looking at Iphonography and found a faded type mono effect, so here we go again. It seems blur and lightening blacks, then dulling highlights are roughly how it goes but boy, it’s harder to do in Lightroom and affinity photo than it sounds.
chucking this version of a previously uploaded photo here so I can come back and look at this one after a day or two.

View attachment 179529
I’m loving your experiments.:thumbs:

I’m loving your experiments.:thumbs:
Thank you. I hope i can get this faded effect ive seen elsewhere, not to copy, but once i HAVE copied it, i can go at a tangent to make sure it is different. Hopefully it makes sense. A bit like, learn the rules of photography, then chuck em in the bin.

Experiment diversion and possibly one for a black n white comp. There may be one or two uk people who will recognise this lady from TV. The first photo on my London trip taken on the train.
Got to tune myself into timing captures again, the small walk taken today showed me I’m seriously miscalculating my candid shots. Tomorrows another day…..

Last minute touches.

967B3E23-59E0-4EBD-BFB5-8066D846830B.jpeg

Lightroom and snapseed.

Edit - this was softened on purpose As are a lot of my work. I dont Know why i prefer it.

Last edited:
On your marks……

last one tonight, might do a grungy mono out of this but it was captured from a taxi window so I knew it wasn’t gonna be brilliant, so, App Store - re download Mextures and all the packs that I’d previously purchased. I forgot how many options this app has.

8A6B194C-6454-401B-AA5B-8C8A69563269.jpeg

mextures

Last edited:
With a gloomy overcast day in front of me, I’m about to set out around London as I’m on my own for the day. Thought I’d put one here that amused me. Reflections of people, a bridge, and then the people inside the barge staring. A little messy but I kinda like the way it goes together.

watching life go by…..
B7675FC5-589A-4DE9-B959-5EE0EDA6F82F.jpeg

lightroom for iPad

With a gloomy overcast day in front of me, I’m about to set out around London as I’m on my own for the day. Thought I’d put one here that amused me. Reflections of people, a bridge, and then the people inside the barge staring. A little messy but I kinda like the way it goes together.

watching life go by…..View attachment 179604
lightroom for iPad
Really nice - the dark, misty technique works really well here. The focus appears to be on the rope buffer, but then you see the slightly mournful expression of the girl and the whole vibe of departure or leaving suggests itself. Really looking forward to seeing your London set, I do love the city. I went on a derive a few years back and got a few shots around Kensington and Spitalfields.

lightroom for iPad

Really nice - the dark, misty technique works really well here. The focus appears to be on the rope buffer, but then you see the slightly mournful expression of the girl and the whole vibe of departure or leaving suggests itself. Really looking forward to seeing your London set, I do love the city. I went on a derive a few years back and got a few shots around Kensington and Spitalfields.
What Bill said - exactly.

It was indeed on the rope. I couldnt Get another shot without being spotted and the woman moved her head so the opportunity was gone. London is a battle today. I’ve done 4 hours of travelling and its just jam packed so shots were far and few between. If I feel up to it I’m gonna get back out of the hotel and see what I can get. Between the heavy crowds and my reactions on the shutter being terrible today, I’m gonna be lucky to have much.

lightroom for iPad
The lady with the wineglass appears to be toasting you.

probably a nothing shot. Even took the people out because they didn’t add anything so an experiment on an abstract of sorts. Nearly went in the trash but even if it’s bad, Im kinda liking it I think.
what I found funny was, the handrail moved at a different speed to the escalator so following their safety guidelines, accident and emergencies across London would soon fill up…. So I’ve simply Titled it …….

‘Don’t’!!!

C967E47D-311C-40F5-A725-EA6E9764B236.jpeg

lightroom and snapseed.

Back
Top Bottom