Ric’s journey without direction

Experiment time

Alpaca Helen did a photo which got me trying to think of abstract type images. ow I’m not too sure about it myself but as I posted on Helen’s thread saying I could have the same doubts as her, I’m putting my first effort here. I actually used iColorama for the first time in between Lightroom and SuperimposeX. Does it work? I dunno but I kinda like it

these were scaffolding poles on the ground and the title jumped out at me so i gave it the title.

Trapped within the metal forest

View attachment 180210

I’ve only just realised but when viewing this full size on the iPad, I see the woman in black (like from horror film) lurking in there. Now I’m spooked!!,
Really like this Ric, nice one, although I can't see any woman in black :whistle:

Experiment time

Alpaca Helen did a photo which got me trying to think of abstract type images. ow I’m not too sure about it myself but as I posted on Helen’s thread saying I could have the same doubts as her, I’m putting my first effort here. I actually used iColorama for the first time in between Lightroom and SuperimposeX. Does it work? I dunno but I kinda like it

these were scaffolding poles on the ground and the title jumped out at me so i gave it the title.

Trapped within the metal forest

View attachment 180210

I’ve only just realised but when viewing this full size on the iPad, I see the woman in black (like from horror film) lurking in there. Now I’m spooked!!,
I really like it! I can definitely see a face, and also a couple of what look like bird skulls. Spooky!

I really like it! I can definitely see a face, and also a couple of what look like bird skulls. Spooky!
Well i be darned, i think i see a bird skull now you mention it. Ive got to take more of these abstracts lol. I like the idea of these abstracts though and i hope were gonna see a re-edit of your beach image?

A step back into working with textures again. I’m not sure about SuperimposeX for this though. It seems you cannot use opacity settings for the masked which to me, gives a disadvantage over the able bodied affinity photo, which was used here along with Lightroom. As much as I hate photoshop on iPad, and it’s lack of editing compared to the above mentioned, it remains that for just layer blending, the stripped down version is still competing with affinity for layer work.

anyway, a very much work in progress……

Family Day Out.

( and it was blurred on purpose).

B22EFECB-6BF1-4025-936F-0023811813DE.jpeg

A step back into working with textures again. I’m not sure about SuperimposeX for this though. It seems you cannot use opacity settings for the masked which to me, gives a disadvantage over the able bodied affinity photo, which was used here along with Lightroom. As much as I hate photoshop on iPad, and it’s lack of editing compared to the above mentioned, it remains that for just layer blending, the stripped down version is still competing with affinity for layer work.

anyway, a very much work in progress……

Family Day Out.

( and it was blurred on purpose).

View attachment 180326
It reminds me of a still from an old family cine film (the cine film is old, not the family :lol:). I really like it.

It reminds me of a still from an old family cine film (the cine film is old, not the family :lol:). I really like it.
HAAAA! thats the exact sort of feel I was trying to create. What I would really love is to be able to create all the old types eg hipsta using a editor after the photo is taken rather than the actual app when taking the shot.
thank you.

HAAAA! thats the exact sort of feel I was trying to create. What I would really love is to be able to create all the old types eg hipsta using a editor after the photo is taken rather than the actual app when taking the shot.
thank you.
I thought you could import photos into Hipstamatic?

Experiment comparison.

using same texture as I wanted to see how SuperimposeX worked.
seems every time I do something in affinity, it spurs me to make SuperimposeX work at doing a similar job after all.

does it work as an image? I’m not so sure but just doing a pic of a dead crab didn’t seem that different to the norm, so experimenting

B7E92003-3A25-42BC-AAA1-F424F7291963.jpeg

camera+2 macro mode, Lightroom and superimposeX

Last edited:
Experiment comparison.

seems every time I do something in affinity, it spurs me to make SuperimposeX work at doing a similar job after all.

does it work as an image? I’m not so sure but just doing a pic of a dead crab didn’t seem that different to the norm, so experimenting

View attachment 180341

Nominated IOTM May!

Experiment comparison.

View attachment 180341

Now having seen the earlier duck photo, I notice the line down the left side. Is this an intentional addition? When I saw Crabby this morning, I assumed it was a seam in a glass panel and was actually going to suggest Healing it out. But now I suspect its either a Superimpose artefact or a layered one. Still love the image though!

Experiment comparison.

View attachment 180341

Wonderful. I love the edit.

Really? Thank you so much. The line is indeed intentional and the crab was found near a path on the local estuary. I wondered about healing it but i kinda liked it.
Ive just opened it up on a big screen and can appreciate it better. Still love it, the lines do work very well, I can see the horizontal one too now. The colours and the shading are wonderful. I'm a huge fan of old masters still life painting and this just sits so well with that vibe.

Experiment comparison.

View attachment 180341

How did you get that close without getting your nose pinched? Wonderful photo!

Experiment comparison.

View attachment 180341

Really like the tones on this one, nice 'aged' image.

Back
Top Bottom