Riding the tube

ric alexander

Mr. Patience
Real Name
ric alexander
Device
iPhone 11
After returning here, i decided to look at apps and to see if i could create what i wanted without resorting to a computer ( or ipad even) and be happy just creating in my iphone. My start has been rather unispiring but im sticking with it. I think its still trying to get the apps to have choice or control on what i want to achieve, but, ive found myself in london for a couple of days and just set myself a mini challenge to get some photos, crudely do some editing. Theyre nothing new and wont stand out but im just trying to see if this is a journey thatll get me motivated.
D3CD958A-B5AD-4BC3-9F1A-4965EF2F21C0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ric, not sure what iPhone you have but I do a lot of editing just using the photos app on my iPhone 11 Pro. I usually use the magic wand…. Then I tweak using the individual “dials”.

After returning here, i decided to look at apps and to see if i could create what i wanted without resorting to a computer ( or ipad even) and be happy just creating in my iphone. My start has been rather unispiring but im sticking with it. I think its still trying to get the apps to have choice or control on what i want to achieve, but, ive found myself in london for a couple of days and just set myself a mini challenge to get some photos, crudely do some editing. Theyre nothing new and wont stand out but im just trying to see if this is a journey thatll get me motivated.
I usually do everything on my phone, its definitely possible.

Hi Ric, not sure what iPhone you have but I do a lot of editing just using the photos app on my iPhone 11 Pro. I usually use the magic wand…. Then I tweak using the individual “dials”.
o_OOMG - i've only just noticed that wand gizmo! I assumed at firts glance that it was a straight 'Auto' fix, didn't realise it was a steal from Photoshop!

o_OOMG - i've only just noticed that wand gizmo! I assumed at firts glance that it was a straight 'Auto' fix, didn't realise it was a steal from Photoshop!
It is a sort of auto fix, it’s always a good start and fairly subtle

I only have an iphone XR but im slowly getting used to its limitations. I love destroying my images anyway so perfection at the capture stage isnt as important for me

As of yet im still to work the site out properly again so im placing this image here instead of a folder. Again nothing spectacular but a record of what direcrion im going in with my imaging.
View attachment 171193
I think it’s a pretty fine chiaroscuro portrait. The tones are deep, the slight off focus gives it a retro feel. I rather like it.

I think it’s a pretty fine chiaroscuro portrait. The tones are deep, the slight off focus gives it a retro feel. I rather like it.
Thank goodness i did something right. Am i Wrong for liking out of focus images? I feel I'm a little warped sometimes. Why sharp crisp images do nothing for me I don't know. I think I'm enjoying experimenting with empty space in my images too. Thank you for the feedback Starzee.

Am i Wrong for liking out of focus images? I feel I'm a little warped sometimes.
I'd call this latest image soft, not really out-of-focus, and you can find plenty of people who go for everything from soft to full blur. Some people even hunt down certain (usually expensive) vintage 35mm lenses to get the same effect. I agree with Starzee -- it works a treat here.

Thank goodness i did something right. Am i Wrong for liking out of focus images? I feel I'm a little warped sometimes. Why sharp crisp images do nothing for me I don't know. I think I'm enjoying experimenting with empty space in my images too. Thank you for the feedback Starzee.
Out of focus can make a picture. I'm also enjoying the off kilter framing Geek1956 does. Dutch angle I think he called it.

Now that's a a bit Baader-Meinhof, 30 mins after I raise dutch angles here a friend on facebook posts a new profile pic saying...
Clipboard01.jpg

I'd call this latest image soft, not really out-of-focus, and you can find plenty of people who go for everything from soft to full blur. Some people even hunt down certain (usually expensive) vintage 35mm lenses to get the same effect. I agree with Starzee -- it works a treat here.
Thank you. Its definitely a style i like working with. A lot of playing and experimenting to do yet.

Back
Top Bottom