of great cities under your feet, walling you
into these moments, into this anti-garden
of gritstone and peat. Given time the edge of
your being will seep into its fibreless fur;
You are lost, adrift in hung water
and blurred air, but you are here.
©Simon Armitage 2010

More info...

I went out for a little social distance walk through a park a few weeks ago. I Am still new to this platform and not sure how it all works. But I plan on posting some here eventually. Love the ones you've posted here so far.

View attachment 156702
The text is:
Who does it mourn? What does it mean, such
nearness, gathering here on high ground
while your back was turned, drawing its
net curtains around? Featureless silver screen, mist
is water in its ghost state, all inwardness,
holding its milky breath, veiling the pulsing machines
of great cities under your feet, walling you
into these moments, into this anti-garden
of gritstone and peat. Given time the edge of
your being will seep into its fibreless fur;
You are lost, adrift in hung water
and blurred air, but you are here.
©Simon Armitage 2010

More info...

so beautiful. Thank you for a new poet/poem :notworthy:

Here’s a headsup, young man: One of the best things about getting old is the dawning realisation that there will always be more poems. More beauty to discover. Or for your friends to post on MobiTog :inlove:

I Am still new to this platform and not sure how it all works
It hits pretty much everyone that way at first. :D Just ask when you've got questions. Images all get posted in the various discussion threads. Good places to look to see what's going on at the moment:

I went out for a little social distance walk through a park a few weeks ago. I Am still new to this platform and not sure how it all works. But I plan on posting some here eventually. Love the ones you've posted here so far.
Welcome to MobiTog! terse Ted provided some good links to get you started. :thumbs: When you have a moment, pop over to the Welcome thread and introduce yourself! :D

Welcome to Mobitog!! I see terse Ted and RoseCat Catherine have you pointed in the right direction. Enjoy and looking forward to seeing your work!

Thanks and welcome to the community :)

Back
Top Bottom