Rizole Overexposed

Yes, I've been promising myself a new one for nearly 2 years now. Replacing the glass looks relatively easy so I'll do that anyway and hand the phone down.

I have no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please take us through the journey of finding a 'new' phone.

I was looking at this the other day.
Doesn't come cheap though :(
I’ve learnt never to trust reviews after my short foray into Android. Stuff gets hyped out of all proportion.

I was looking at this the other day.
Doesn't come cheap though :(
Interesting. I was looking at the Oppo reno which, at about half the price of the X2 comes 5th in the Tech Advisor Best phone camera review of 2020.

So I did the obvious and opened up the top 7 sites on the search results for "best phone camera 2020". I entered all their findings on a spreadsheet and scored each phone. 1st place got 10, 2nd got 9, etc.
Here's the top 5, the total points and cost.

Pixel 4 55 £500
Iphone 11 Pro 54 £1049
S20 Ultra 33 £1200
P40 Pro 24 £900
P30 Pro 17 £899

At nearly half the cost or more of the other phones the Pixel 4 is looking quite nice.

Interesting. I was looking at the Oppo reno which, at about half the price of the X2 comes 5th in the Tech Advisor Best phone camera review of 2020.

So I did the obvious and opened up the top 7 sites on the search results for "best phone camera 2020". I entered all their findings on a spreadsheet and scored each phone. 1st place got 10, 2nd got 9, etc.
Here's the top 5, the total points and cost.

Pixel 4 55 £500
Iphone 11 Pro 54 £1049
S20 Ultra 33 £1200
P40 Pro 24 £900
P30 Pro 17 £899

At nearly half the cost or more of the other phones the Pixel 4 is looking quite nice.
I can vouch for the Pixel for sure !

Nice easy fix for my broken lens cover.
IMG_20200731_130505.jpg
IMG_20200731_131359.jpg
IMG_20200731_131859.jpg

Not sure I need a new phone now. The improvements on more recent cameras seem incremental to me and with me taking far fewer pics in lockdown I'm just not sure I'm feeling it at the moment.

what’s all that stone about (on the left)?

So much rock and stone. Is there much industry around it? Breaking up and making houses? (Can’t help but think of the chain gang from ‘O Brother’ here :lmao: )
That's not far from it.
A lot of these walls have been built by labour gangs from the 15th and 16th centurys. Stone was used because it was cheep, plentyful and cleared the land for livestock or agruculture. The process continued with a series of Inclosure Acts over the 1800's that created land rights on previously common or waste land. Obs this took land use away from the poor. Kind of an internal colonization with land transfer from the poor to the rich. Same s**t, different century. :)
There are thousands of miles of dry stone walls accross Yorkshire, Cumbria, the Cotswalds and others places.

Well the replacement glass cover for my lens just doesnt cut it. With low light from the wrong angle its scatters ambient light across the lens causing the image to become leached.
20200830_121122.jpg
20200908_160322_001.jpg
20200903_075539.jpg

Maybe i should try a better quality lens cover. Maybe i should treat myself to a new phone.

So it's actually dust getting into the camera, not the glass itself. A new phone is still on the cards for me but I'm gonna hafta give this another go. For a phone that's 4 years old it's still a very nice phone, it's still got a good battery life, and although I got it after newer models had come out, it was once a flag ship phone for samsung. Of course, if I do nothing, it'll only get worse and given enough time the image stabalisation will seize so it's now or never.

Yes but technology moves so fast in our disposable society. The S6 came out in 2015 same year as the iPhone 6s. Not sure if any of our Apple fangirls and boys are still toting the 6s?

I had the Samsung S5 and the S8, both great phones.
I think Jen is still using the 6S.

Back
Top Bottom