Rizole Overexposed

Maybe curves can be better in a paid for app but like you I might be not understanding it, @terse ?
I'm probably not the best person to ask. I use Levels in preference to Curves most of the time (just habit). Some apps only offer curves adjustments for luminance while more advanced ones offer it for individual RGB channels, too. Snapseed covers most everything the good apps do, I think -- individual channels, set and slide new points on the curve, and so on.

There's an iOS app called MaxCurve that uses curves for almost everything. I found it confusing, but deepop has used it well on some occasions. (Hasn't been updated in 4 years, it looks like, but it still works.)

I'm probably not the best person to ask. I use Levels in preference to Curves most of the time (just habit). Some apps only offer curves adjustments for luminance while more advanced ones offer it for individual RGB channels, too. Snapseed covers most everything the good apps do, I think -- individual channels, set and slide new points on the curve, and so on.

There's an iOS app called MaxCurve that uses curves for almost everything. I found it confusing, but deepop has used it well on some occasions. (Hasn't been updated in 4 years, it looks like, but it still works.)
Apps like snapseed and superimpose all offer the same in curves, specific channel adjustments as well as global. I love using curves if I want to change the colour profile. The only difference is something like affinity photo that goes further than that in allowing blending ranges in the scource or underlying layers. It means you can, using their own curve type options, change both the luminosity or the tonal range of that layer, or the way the other layers underneath blend in with that particular layer. It isn’t something I’ve played with in affinity as much but it was invaluable with photoshop when using textures or multi exposure images.

for anyone that has affinity, this kind of explains it - https://lenscraft.co.uk/photo-editing-tutorials/affinity-photo-blending-ranges/

“This explanation is supported by the fact that many species that exhibit homosexual behavior also mate with related species or inanimate objects, like beer bottles—indicating a general tendency toward misidentification.” :eek: “Beer bottles”????o_O Who? What? Why? The mind boggles (well, mine does).
haven’t read this whole thread but am I taking it, a spider will come along, drink out of a beer bottle, and then, if intoxicated enough, will try and mate a beer bottle?

Focus stacked macro. A little patchy but better than previous attempts.
Speckled wood butterfly I think.
IMG_20220729_134201_010-01.jpeg

Chickens are stupid and dirty. They throw most of their food on the floor and won't touch it after that. A good half of it must go in the compost.
IMG_20220729_143745.jpg

So a little research and I've come up with this as a solution. It's a y joint for a soil outlet pipe (sewerage). Works perfectly, not a thing spilt. That feed costs and wasted halfed.
IMG_20220729_143708.jpg

Chickens are stupid and dirty. They throw most of their food on the floor and won't touch it after that. A good half of it must go in the compost.
View attachment 183815
So a little research and I've come up with this as a solution. It's a y joint for a soil outlet pipe (sewerage). Works perfectly, not a thing spilt. That feed costs and wasted halfed.
View attachment 183816
And your compost won’t be sprouting corn etc. Great idea.

View attachment 183815
View attachment 183816
And your cat's there to keep them in line.

Just ran across this thread on DPReview about image stacking on Android and thought you and sinnerjohn might be interested. It starts in 2020 but has more recent entries as you scroll down.

Last edited:
View attachment 183815
View attachment 183816
Ingenious. I love Heath Robinson stuff like that. I’m always looking for those type of solutions.

It just so happens that I have a 3-part tutorial on MaxCurve.

Thanks! Just about to start on the second one...

Thanks! Just about to start on the second one...
Just bought a copy of maxcurve, looks like a great program. Using curves in Photoshop was always my go to edit, so this should be really interesting. A nice full featured camera app too!

Just bought a copy of maxcurve, looks like a great program. Using curves in Photoshop was always my go to edit, so this should be really interesting. A nice full featured camera app too!
I've been working through Jerry's tutorial. Things start to get exciting when you get to part 2 with opacity curves. I'm still trying to wrap my head around hue-based saturation curves and saturation-based hue curves.

Good job juryjone!

I've been working through Jerry's tutorial. Things start to get exciting when you get to part 2 with opacity curves. I'm still trying to wrap my head around hue-based saturation curves and saturation-based hue curves.

Good job juryjone!
Its a great, powerful program. Just the camera function alone is worth the minimal asking price. I will have to get into jerrys walkthroughs to get the better of it.

Damn fine tutorial there jerry - very instructive and easy to follow. maxcurves has just gone even higher in my estimation, I may never need Photoshop again!

Back
Top Bottom