Rizole Overexposed

And that's the patio finished complete with a French drainage system in place.
IMG_20221127_131734.jpg
IMG_20221127_123702.jpg

It's at the North of the property so no direct sunlight for 6 months of the year. Nice in summer but it can be a bit grim in the low part of the year. You're welcome to come for a cuppa some day of course.

I
Great job. Love those curved steps.
Are the round bits from cut up concrete cylinders ?
I think so. I found them several years ago on the shores of a resevoir on a walk with the kids and a friend. There's a bunch of them distributed in the natural sand stone littering the shore. We did spontaneous art with them. I've no idea how long they've been there, dacades probably. Might even predate the resevoir (mid to late 1800's.) as I can't find anything in the structure of it that would use or them or have them as a by product.
I had to do 3 or 4 trips to collect them as they needed carrying on my back down a half mile or so foot path.

DSC_0329_2.jpg

Last Aug, when the drought was getting well underway.

IMG_20220813_183215.jpg

Last edited:
I think so. I found them several years ago on the shores of a resevoir on a walk with the kids and a friend. There's a bunch of them distributed in the natural sand stone littering the shore. We did spontaneous art with them. I've no idea how long they've been there, dacades probably. Might even predate the resevoir (mid to late 1800's.) as I can't find anything in the structure of it that would use or them or have them as a by product.
I had to do 3 or 4 trips to collect them as they needed carrying on my back down a half mile or so foot path.

View attachment 188513

View attachment 188516
That is absolutely awesome! It make your steps more than a work of art, it’s a labor of love.

View attachment 188513

View attachment 188516
I love useful/creative found objects. And I’m especially impressed at your gumption to make so many trips!! :notworthy:

p.s. And they’re pretty big… you had to dig a pretty deep hole for each one to lay flat. :notworthy:
That's a bit deceptive. I built the step from the ground level up so there was no digging, just infill and leaving holes the right size.
I love useful/creative found objects.
We also have "other" found and reclaimed objects, stones, tiles, slabs and cobbles which we're either planning on replacing the bricks with at random around the patio or create a flow of pattern along walking paths with a central, circular bit to echo the circular pavers you can see in the background. That's all for next year of course, too cold and wet now.

Clipboard01.jpg

That's a bit deceptive. I built the step from the ground level up so there was no digging, just infill and leaving holes the right size.

We also have "other" found and reclaimed objects, stones, tiles, slabs and cobbles which we're either planning on replacing the bricks with at random around the patio or create a flow of pattern along walking paths with a central, circular bit to echo the circular pavers you can see in the background. That's all for next year of course, too cold and wet now.

View attachment 188544
That’s going to be beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom