Roadside Mondrian

RHKing

MobiAddict
Real Name
Robert H King
Device
iPhone X
4BAA48CA-9104-48D7-A94B-43439690C236.jpeg
I came across this distressed tiled wall in an alleyway. Captured a section with ProCamera, straightened with SKRWT, cropped, contrast etc tweaked in Snapseed.

View attachment 108516 I came across this distressed tiled wall in an alleyway. Captured a section with ProCamera, straightened with SKRWT, cropped, contrast etc tweaked in Snapseed.
This raises several questions. Why would someone take such care to tile this space? And the tiles seem to be placed so randomly, but produce such a great effect that I don’t think it can be random. I think an artist did this. And how did so many become chipped like that - gunshot? It’s a seemingly simple image, but it isn’t. Love it.

This raises several questions. Why would someone take such care to tile this space? And the tiles seem to be placed so randomly, but produce such a great effect that I don’t think it can be random. I think an artist did this. And how did so many become chipped like that - gunshot? It’s a seemingly simple image, but it isn’t. Love it.
Jilly, some interesting points there. The alleyway is only about 9 feet long, the tild wall was about 3 foot across, guns just don’t happen herein Scotland. But, yes, why would someone chip at it? The pattern did appear random but looking at it afterwards there is some sort of process there....

Back
Top Bottom