Mobi52 rvilhena 52 Project - 2023

Finaly some rain!
20230902_070840.jpg

First bananas of the year.
p
I used to live in a sub-tropical zone, and we grew similar short fat bananas. So sweet!
You also have pomegranates? :inlove: I have a massive tree, have to remember not to over-water it and to give it copper every now & then and we get delicious bright red fruit every year.

I used to live in a sub-tropical zone, and we grew similar short fat bananas. So sweet!
You also have pomegranates? :inlove: I have a massive tree, have to remember not to over-water it and to give it copper every now & then and we get delicious bright red fruit every year.
I have a small pomegranates tree, it only gives five or six pomegranates. This year the bananas are insane! Every tree has bananas!

Maybe one of my favourite fruits. We call them “figo da India”. It grows on a giant cactus called “Piteira”, mainly in the summer. There are lots of them in the south of Portugal.
View attachment 197414
I think we have these, too, only we call them nopales or prickly pear cactus. The fruit turns reddish to bright red when ripe. I see them downtown in Santa Cruz, and I've been tempted to swipe a few pieces when no one's looking.

Those look nice. That's a different blue from the few other cyanotypes I've seen, which look more like this. Are there tricks for getting different blues?
Those photos look amazing! Honestly I don’t know. It was the first time I did the technique. Maybe the chemical’s used? Or the time exposure to light?

Those photos look amazing! Honestly I don’t know. It was the first time I did the technique. Maybe the chemical’s used? Or the time exposure to light?
Just by chance, I stumbled across this article this morning about mixing cyanotype and mobile photo techniques:

Just by chance, I stumbled across this article this morning about mixing cyanotype and mobile photo techniques:

Peter Wilkins is a FB acquaintance, and he really does fantastic work with cyanotype.

Back
Top Bottom