Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
How wonderful! Now you must post a photo with you wearing the hat.... :sneaky:
Really? Ugh! Just remember you asked for it...
52CB1433-4F26-4084-A551-3035469F4815.jpeg

My nose is a little crooked thanks to a face-first brawl with a domed trash can in a bar bathroom - in my wild & crazy youth. I rarely drink alcohol...maybe because I see this reminder of the cost every time I look in a mirror :rolleyes:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
Deep Purple 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Really? Ugh! Just remember you asked for it...
View attachment 114471
My nose is a little crooked thanks to a face-first brawl with a domed trash can in a bar bathroom - in my wild & crazy youth. I rarely drink alcohol...maybe because I see this reminder of the cost every time I look in a mirror :rolleyes:
I love it!!!!! Hey you!!! :D

Your nose looks perfectly fine to me... but I can relate as I have a bump and a scar on mine due to a similar-ish teenage moment of drunken stupidity where I got in a truck with drunk (or who knows what) people and we crashed in the woods and just missed hitting a tree head on, otherwise I probably wouldn’t be here today. They were bench seats (it was the ‘70s) and I was in the middle, no seatbelt of course. :rolleyes:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device

Your nose looks perfectly fine to me... but I can relate as I have a bump and a scar on mine due to a similar-ish teenage moment of drunken stupidity where I got in a truck with drunk (or who knows what) people and we crashed in the woods and just missed hitting a tree head on, otherwise I probably wouldn’t be here today. They were bench seats (it was the ‘70s) and I was in the middle, no seatbelt of course. :rolleyes:
:eek::eek:

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max

Ooohhh, the 70’s!!! I was indestructible in the 70’s!!! :lol: I’m sure glad you survived your crazy days to be here now :)

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Ryn’s Project 52 - 2018
Week 37: Composition: Eye Lines
Eyes draw attention to certain parts of the frame, your subject will direct your audience's eye. Where is your subject looking? What are they eseeing or not seeing?
https://petapixel.com/2017/12/27/heres-52-week-photo-challenge-improving-skills-2018/
97DA8652-DFEE-4AAF-A715-CBA9EB7C43E0.jpeg

I took this image before the challenge but I’d noticed how I keep looking at the ground my grands are looking at, even though I know there’s nothing of interest there...but because they are looking there, I look there, then I wonder if they were seeing something I can’t see in the picture? I love so many of the lessons photography teaches :)

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Ryn’S Project 52- 2018
Week 38: Technical: Focus Stacking
I thought about trying this, but it just doesn’t feel like anything more than an exercise in frustration with an iPhone so...instead, I’m just gonna post something pretty that makes my heart happy :)
2C037D89-6D01-44F4-80A5-2C9B8727B886.png

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Ryn’S Project 52 - 2018
Week 41: Composition: Rule of Odds
Compose and image highlighting an odd number of subjects; some see this as natural and more pleasing to the eye.
This was one of the first things I learned in 9th grade art class. I have found it to be true about 99% of the time.
74D0DFF2-AF89-40A7-B8D3-29C5D0DA5A6B.jpeg

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
Ryn’S Project 52- 2018
Week 38: Technical: Focus Stacking
I thought about trying this, but it just doesn’t feel like anything more than an exercise in frustration with an iPhone so...instead, I’m just gonna post something pretty that makes my heart happy :)
View attachment 115361
Lovely additions, Ryn, and I see why this one makes your heart happy.

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Ryn’S Project 52 - 2018
Week 41: Composition: Rule of Odds
“Compose and image highlighting an odd number of subjects; some see this as natural and more pleasing to the eye.”
This is one of the first lessons I learned as an artist.
F36B9F4C-FD2E-4CAB-ADE9-E9431A0AFC0D.jpeg

As compared to...
63BD1CF0-085A-4751-A571-94E0EFB4C4A4.jpeg

Two just feels a little “off” but three feels “right”

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
RynS Project 52 - 2018
Week 42: Technical: Shutter Drag
Used to balance fill light with ambient light or add motion-blur to images.
This isn’t quite what was called for, but the “motion blur” is legit because I was driving when I snapped the pic
CC252D1D-53C2-4FDA-B451-5B8630A43EDE.jpeg

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
RynS Project 52 - 2018
Week 44: Wildcard: Photographer's Choice
Capture an image on your terms; who, what, where, when, why, how … it's all up to you. Caveat: You must tell us your intent.
7732B61C-0725-4E09-8FE5-F846F1DDF888.jpeg

In honour of Halloween I wanted to post something appropriate...so here I am, in the cemetery. It’s hard to find anything appropriately creepy in such a pretty setting. October sunset with crisp sky and coloured leaves...I just don’t see how it could be any more beautiful.

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
RynS Project 52 - 2018
Week 45: Vision: Show Half
Tell a complete story by only showing half of it.
OK...I’m wordy and indecisive...could this be aimed at me in particular? Could this be any tougher to do? I actually groaned out loud when I read this one.
90B83391-2A55-4744-8328-F14D1F48F088.jpeg

So....how’d I do? Does this tell a story?

Top Bottom