• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who have DONATED to help with MobiTog's running costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum! (If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and additional expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has minor update/improvement stuff on-going... :)

Mobi52 Ryn’s Project 52 - 2019

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Wow, 2019...doesn’t seem possible and yet, here we are. As much as I loved the 365 the one and only time I attempted it, I’m repeating a 52 this year. As I begin this new year with you folks I feel I must say how much I’ve enjoyed this group; you all made me feel welcome from the start, you are very helpful, willing to share so much, and you all are supportive all over the web, not just here. You people are truly feeling like family and I’ve grown very, very fond of my Mobifamily. I wish you all a happy, healthy, creative and abundant 2019.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Wow, 2019...doesn’t seem possible and yet, here we are. As much as I loved the 365 the one and only time I attempted it, I’m repeating a 52 this year. As I begin this new year with you folks I feel I must say how much I’ve enjoyed this group; you all made me feel welcome from the start, you are very helpful, willing to share so much, and you all are supportive all over the web, not just here. You people are truly feeling like family and I’ve grown very, very fond of my Mobifamily. I wish you all a happy, healthy, creative and abundant 2019.
What a lovely post, Ryn, thank you :inlove: And right backatcha - you are an important part of our community and it wouldn’t be the same without you. You watch, our RoseCat will be along shortly to tell you you can never leave.... It sounds like a simple message of affection and respect, but in fact it is a very potent magickal spell — no one she has spoken those words to has ever left! :eek: :D :mobibabe:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I agree with you completely!!:inlove:

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Thank you and I know what you mean. I feel like I can “hear” the mobitoggers when I read the posts. It is a most amazing community.

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hey Ryn and we all wish you and yours a very happy, exceedingly healthy and moderately wealthy year for 2019!... :notworthy:

And more, thank you so very much for the heartfelt comments and endorsement of our wonderful MobiTog community, which, of course, would be nothing without the enormous and valued contributions by all of our members, including your own not inconsiderable input, THANK YOU and please keep on doing what you do and allow us to share and enjoy your work... :inlove:

Good luck with your Project 52 for 2019, we look forward to seeing your iMages and enjoying your continued contributions throughout the MobiFamily... :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
You are such an important part of this beautiful MobiFamily, Ryn, and it’s been so wonderful to know you and share in your art. As zenjenny Jen has already mentioned <clears throat> You Can Never Leave This Place. :inlove: xoxo

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
RynS Project 52 - 2019
Week 1: Story: Rule of Thirds
Going with another challenge posted on PetaPixels because it frees up my creative brain goop for other pursuits :) I think this one ran 3 years ago but it’s new to me so.... anyway....before I start, once again, my sincerest thanks for the way you all accepted me when I joined this group and for how quickly you all made me feel like family. I’ve grown to love my mobifamily :inlove:
Back to the challenge....

The rule of thirds is the first compositional rule most photographers learn; but most don’t know why they learn it. The rule of thirds is amazing for telling a story. Tell a story using rule of thirds.
I’m not sure what my “story” is, but I tried a comparison piece to see how important is the “ rule of thirds” really?
D1AC5135-7948-4F97-BC56-B3E294D2B30A.jpeg

So....did I use the rule of thirds when I composed this capture?
OR....
A6CF586F-DB4D-43D5-A7B4-122C5EE06DDF.jpeg

Was this the one where I used the “ rule of thirds?”
While I find the second image pleasing, it is the first image that was captured using the Rule of Thirds. I think it does have more drama and interest than the second. The second one image posted is actually the first photo I took, and I learned that had I stopped there, because it was pleasing enough, I would have missed the drama and interest of the second image (the first one posted) and that might be the single best reason why it’s important to keep learning...so you don’t miss a better opportunity because you’re momentarily satisfied.
OH! And btw....look out that window-I can’t believe this is January! We have NO snow! And it’s almost 40 degrees outside!

lisamjw

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
RynS Project 52 - 2019
Week 1: Story: Rule of Thirds
Going with another challenge posted on PetaPixels because it frees up my creative brain goop for other pursuits :) I think this one ran 3 years ago but it’s new to me so.... anyway....before I start, once again, my sincerest thanks for the way you all accepted me when I joined this group and for how quickly you all made me feel like family. I’ve grown to love my mobifamily :inlove:
Back to the challenge....

The rule of thirds is the first compositional rule most photographers learn; but most don’t know why they learn it. The rule of thirds is amazing for telling a story. Tell a story using rule of thirds.
I’m not sure what my “story” is, but I tried a comparison piece to see how important is the “ rule of thirds” really?
View attachment 118840
So....did I use the rule of thirds when I composed this capture?
OR....
View attachment 118841
Was this the one where I used the “ rule of thirds?”
While I find the second image pleasing, it is the first image that was captured using the Rule of Thirds. I think it does have more drama and interest than the second. The second one image posted is actually the first photo I took, and I learned that had I stopped there, because it was pleasing enough, I would have missed the drama and interest of the second image (the first one posted) and that might be the single best reason why it’s important to keep learning...so you don’t miss a better opportunity because you’re momentarily satisfied.
OH! And btw....look out that window-I can’t believe this is January! We have NO snow! And it’s almost 40 degrees outside!
And we’re very glad you’re part of the MobiFamily!

Congratulations on successfully starting another Project 52! Good first image.

deepop

No Mobi-limiter...
MobiSupporter
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Definitely like the rule-of thirds one better. It also looks lot less cluttered, helping to focus one's eye on the subject. I often cheat and crop my photos into -rule-of-thirds composition.

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Well.....I’m off to a bang up start...
Ryn’s Project 52 - 2018
Week 2 :eek: From the Dogwood Photography Challenge of 2017 (I’m doing it now...2 years late...
Week 2: Technical : SOOC— Straight Out Of The Camera. No photoshop. Shoot a compelling image and post it without edits. No cheating! (Be sure to save the image file for the end of the challenge.)
49649732-E055-4CC5-B428-0797ACDAD588.jpeg

I don’t know how compelling this is...but it’s definitely not altered in any way.

lisamjw

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Well.....I’m off to a bang up start...
Ryn’s Project 52 - 2018
Week 2 :eek: From the Dogwood Photography Challenge of 2017 (I’m doing it now...2 years late...
Week 2: Technical : SOOC— Straight Out Of The Camera. No photoshop. Shoot a compelling image and post it without edits. No cheating! (Be sure to save the image file for the end of the challenge.)
View attachment 120015

I don’t know how compelling this is...but it’s definitely not altered in any way.
Lovely tree!

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ryn’S Project 52 - 2019
Week 6 Inspiration: #NoFilter
No limit on what you shoot this week, as long as the image is pure. No filters, presets or other edits. Basic exposure corrections only this week.
C92A1EC9-38BC-4AD5-B228-F98CC227EB24.jpeg

I cropped it but used no filter. This is the full moon just after sunrise.

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ryn’S Project 52 - 2019
Week 8 Composition: Leading Lines
(It is easy to use Leading Lines to show depth in an image or guide the eye to a specific spot in the image. Instead, this week use leading lines to show the concept of infinity.)
6E7BDA24-BDCD-4F1A-A88B-787F6F3E2832.jpeg

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
RynS Project 52 - 2019
Week 10
Week 10 — Story Telling: Hometown — Tell us the story of your hometown. It could be a famous landmark, something the town is known for, or even just your favorite place to relax.
https://dogwood.photography/52weekchallenge2019

A30FE52F-1F7F-46CB-9CFF-84C457701B0D.jpeg

While my hometown is charming and quaint it isn’t really pretty right now. No fresh snowfall so everything is dirty looking and rather sad which doesn’t do justice to the area. So...I’m posting an image taken this fall of a wagon that sits near the entrance of the neighbouring driveway to one of my favourite small cemeteries. I visit fairly often for someone with no family buried there, but it’s peaceful and pretty in a nondescript way.

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ryn’s Project 52 - 2019
Week 11 - Composition: Fill the Frame
Using Fill the Frame is a great way to isolate your subject and create interest in your photo. Can you do it with only one color in the frame? Fill the Frame with one color.
A37FC89B-BDB3-4F32-83F2-9E3EDAEAE16A.jpeg

Well......it’s very nearly all green - (I tried Rog) :cool: