Ryn'S project-pics I just need to share :)

IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2051.JPG
IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_2036.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG

Daffodil meets Aerograph.

That looks just like the one I took on Wednesday - with the trees and everything. Have you been in my garden?:lol: I love the way the 7+ works at night, don't you?

That shot looks so ecstatic!
I said I would try the Distress Oxide inks over a photo....maybe this wasn't the right photo? but I'm not done experimenting yet. This is one of the bathroom window photos, printed out on white cardstock (archival paper) and on the left is how it came out of the printer; on the right is a copy with oxides over top. I tried two techniques 1) putting oxide ink on my craft sheet, spritzing with water, swirling paper through it and drying with craft/hair dryer.

The video of designer Tim Holtz demo-ing the oxide inks at CHA-2017

2) applying ink through stencils with a Ranger foam blending tool then spritzing from a distance to activate the distress oxide, then drying with dryer before printer ink or first layer of oxide could be reactivated.
View attachment 89403
I wanted to add that as I was working with this, it "felt" like the printer ink was "sucking up" the oxides but that might have been because the pic is dark on the edges...I am going to try this on a lighter image and see if it's a quality that happens because of the cardstock/printer ink combo or if it was just a sensation caused by not clearly seeing the oxide on the dark colors.

I love these photos.
I hope you can share some images with us after your experiment :) I didn't expect it will look this unique.

I said I would try the Distress Oxide inks over a photo....maybe this wasn't the right photo? but I'm not done experimenting yet. This is one of the bathroom window photos, printed out on white cardstock (archival paper) and on the left is how it came out of the printer; on the right is a copy with oxides over top. I tried two techniques 1) putting oxide ink on my craft sheet, spritzing with water, swirling paper through it and drying with craft/hair dryer.

The video of designer Tim Holtz demo-ing the oxide inks at CHA-2017

2) applying ink through stencils with a Ranger foam blending tool then spritzing from a distance to activate the distress oxide, then drying with dryer before printer ink or first layer of oxide could be reactivated.
View attachment 89403
I wanted to add that as I was working with this, it "felt" like the printer ink was "sucking up" the oxides but that might have been because the pic is dark on the edges...I am going to try this on a lighter image and see if it's a quality that happens because of the cardstock/printer ink combo or if it was just a sensation caused by not clearly seeing the oxide on the dark colors.
WOW! It's like a whole other world!! I've never heard of this product. (I watched the whole video...so cool!) Many moons ago I had a pretty large stamp collection + ink pads. It was my I'm-going-to-hand-make-all-my-giftwrap-and-greeting-cards phase. :rolleyes: It was more *collecting* than *creating*. This looks really fun and interesting... like tye dye with paper.

Having never seen Photoshop, I decided to try it's cheaper replacement...Affinity Photo....2.5 hours and a slight headache later.....
IMG_6607.JPG

I think I've lost some mental acuity. From here on in there are no more than 32 candles allowed on any of my birthday cakes!!!! Btw...I'm pretty proud of this sucker, even though it's probably grade school stuff to many of you, I'm pretty tickled that I finally figured it out ;) but there is soooooo much more [emoji15] to go.

Having never seen Photoshop, I decided to try it's cheaper replacement...Affinity Photo....2.5 hours and a slight headache later.....
View attachment 95500
I think I've lost some mental acuity. From here on in there are no more than 32 candles allowed on any of my birthday cakes!!!! Btw...I'm pretty proud of this sucker, even though it's probably grade school stuff to many of you, I'm pretty tickled that I finally figured it out ;) but there is soooooo much more [emoji15] to go.

Lovely...

I bought it yesterday, hoping I have time to figure it out ;)

The claim is that it is very much like Photoshop but I ve never used Photoshop so it's all new to me. I'm a die hard though so I'll keep working on getting familiar with it :), just can't make any promises on retention it seems.

When I use it I purposely try to recreate photoshop techniques I've used. Some work, some either don't or I haven't figured it out. Perhaps we should have an Affinity thread to posts our discoveries.

View attachment 95500
It's lovely. And Brava! You should be proud. :)

Back
Top Bottom