MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
Deep Purple 14 Pro Max
Commitment made....
FEAC6928-94AB-4C98-B7BA-B54FFB10F6A1.jpeg

Taken with iPhone 7 Plus, native camera app, tweaked a little in Lightroom to make sure the viewer could see the fog all edits were kept below
29 — most were in the teens.

you go, girl! And don’t those delicate threads of branch look beautiful on that white sky?
Yes, they do. I love the naked branches of winter, they’re like friends in the raw, no makeup or googaws...it’s like I get to see who they really are. And I go back-&-forth with the white sky, too....we don’t get these white sky’s except in the winter, and even though I miss the sunshine, I miss the white sky when it’s gone too. Ahhh winter....perhaps the best and worst all rolled into. One. ;)

RynZ Project 52 - 2020
Week 2 - January 6
44886E85-EB63-4B42-9CB3-9AFAC5E319BE.jpeg

Image captured with iPhone 7 Plus native camera; native app to add or decrease all possible settings by 13-29% depending on what looked best. Except with the two sharpening thingy’s at the bottom of all the tools, (sharpness and definition) I always set them both to 25 because it just seems to work. Finally , I gave it white vignette-ing. I never go over 30 because I’m afraid the image won’t print nicely. Someday I’m going to check it out and see what boundaries I can push.... in the meantime, I then took the nicely sharp image into ProCreate and using a non-pressure sensitive inking mono brush I colored in all the berries in the red that my eyes had seen, but the camera couldn’t handle. I then used a very small soft airbrush to ‘smudge’ the red around which created the light & dark areas that I’d lost. The image was more to my liking at that point, but it’s w-i-n-t-e-r and winter is supposed to bring snow....so I added my own in ProCreate using both the mono brush and the soft airbrush as stamps with white and varying levels of opacity to create the effect of falling snow. I then put it on a black 12”x12” background and watermarked it to post on Instagram...and here it is....tadaaa — just for the revord, when I move them into ProCreate I always begin by moving them into an 11”x14” 600 dpi format so that they look nice printed. My hope is that if anyone wants them larger, they can double those measurements and still have 300dpi to work with. The images posted to Instagram are all 12”x12” canvases at 150 dpi. That makes them look nice as digital images but they won’t print nicely at all, plus they are all watermarked. Any questions? :grin: Whew! <wipes brow>

Ryn’S Project 52 - 2020
Week 3 - January 13
0E75BA43-CFE5-4F7B-80EF-6F18126534B3.jpeg

This was taken with an iPhone 7 Plus, native camera app with HDR turned on. Edited in iColorama to get a painterly effect, then put into Color Thief to get these glorious colors.The next image is the unedited version
A7623E6A-5C16-4AD0-B2AF-82123A05E368.jpeg

oh snap! Jilly....ohhhh Jilly.....here is another one that flipped sideways on me :eek:...help please....
anyway.......you all get the idea of how drab the original was in comparison. While I like these muted tones of winter, the bright pop of colors from Color Thief are delightful as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryn’S Project 52 - 2020
Week 3 - January 13
View attachment 154116
This was taken with an iPhone 7 Plus, native camera app with HDR turned on. Edited in iColorama to get a painterly effect, then put into Color Thief to get these glorious colors.The next image is the unedited version
View attachment 154117
oh snap! Jilly....ohhhh Jilly.....here is another one that flipped sideways on me :eek:...help please....
anyway.......you all get the idea of how drab the original was in comparison. While I like these muted tones of winter, the bright pop of colors from Color Thief are delightful as well.
Good to see I’ve not been the only one to have this happen...I’ve been having the same issue with uploading... turning my photos sideways... first noticed it with my New Years photo... I ended up rotating it in photos prior to trying to upload again... it worked... but then it happened on another occasion and my workaround didn’t work.
great colours by the way.

Good to see I’ve not been the only one to have this happen...I’ve been having the same issue with uploading... turning my photos sideways... first noticed it with my New Years photo... I ended up rotating it in photos prior to trying to upload again... it worked... but then it happened on another occasion and my workaround didn’t work.
Thanks! I thought I was the only one!

Ryn’S Project 52 - 2020
Week 3 - January 13
View attachment 154116
View attachment 154117
Wow, that’s fabulous Ryn. But that flipping thing is really annoying, and quite random. RNI Films does that to me when it saves to my camera roll. I’ll see if Smooth Matt has any answers.

Ryn’S Project 52 - 2020
Week 3 - January 13
View attachment 154116
View attachment 154122
I think I have it straightened out. But no idea why it would happen. o_O

RynZ Project 52 - 2020
Week 2 - January 6
View attachment 153840
Image captured with iPhone 7 Plus native camera; native app to add or decrease all possible settings by 13-29% depending on what looked best. Except with the two sharpening thingy’s at the bottom of all the tools, (sharpness and definition) I always set them both to 25 because it just seems to work. Finally , I gave it white vignette-ing. I never go over 30 because I’m afraid the image won’t print nicely. Someday I’m going to check it out and see what boundaries I can push.... in the meantime, I then took the nicely sharp image into ProCreate and using a non-pressure sensitive inking mono brush I colored in all the berries in the red that my eyes had seen, but the camera couldn’t handle. I then used a very small soft airbrush to ‘smudge’ the red around which created the light & dark areas that I’d lost. The image was more to my liking at that point, but it’s w-i-n-t-e-r and winter is supposed to bring snow....so I added my own in ProCreate using both the mono brush and the soft airbrush as stamps with white and varying levels of opacity to create the effect of falling snow. I then put it on a black 12”x12” background and watermarked it to post on Instagram...and here it is....tadaaa — just for the revord, when I move them into ProCreate I always begin by moving them into an 11”x14” 600 dpi format so that they look nice printed. My hope is that if anyone wants them larger, they can double those measurements and still have 300dpi to work with. The images posted to Instagram are all 12”x12” canvases at 150 dpi. That makes them look nice as digital images but they won’t print nicely at all, plus they are all watermarked. Any questions? :grin: Whew! <wipes brow>
How lovely! :hearteyes:

Ryn’S Project 52 - 2020
Week 3 - January 13
View attachment 154116
View attachment 154122
I really like both versions. :)

Ryn’S Project 52 - 2020
Week 3 - January 13
View attachment 154116
View attachment 154122
Thanks for. Getting the pic straight. What size should I be choosing for the upload? I. Usually choose large, but if it’s less problematic I can choose medium next time.

Thanks for. Getting the pic straight. What size should I be choosing for the upload? I. Usually choose large, but if it’s less problematic I can choose medium next time.
I pick large, too. But I’m pretty new at this. Maybe we should ask a professional. JillyG ? RoseCat ? zenjenny ?
As far as I know, Mobitog resizes the photos that are posted, so it makes no difference what size file you choose (although, having said that, I’ve tried to post a PNG before now (by mistake) and it was rejected).

As far as I know, Mobitog resizes the photos that are posted, so it makes no difference what size file you choose (although, having said that, I’ve tried to post a PNG before now (by mistake) and it was rejected).
I’m very confused by the image size. I have had both PNG and JPEG blocked. Now, If the dialog box asks me what size I just pick large.

Matt was wondering if you’re both using the same app and if this is the problem. If it happens again, could you leave it in the post and he says he’ll have a look at it.

Matt was wondering if you’re both using the same app and if this is the problem. If it happens again, could you leave it in the post and he says he’ll have a look at it.
I don’t use any app I’m afraid... view the website through safari here on my iPad.... photos uploaded using the attach files and come from my photos on the iPad.

I don’t use any app I’m afraid... view the website through safari here on my iPad.... photos uploaded using the attach files and come from my photos on the iPad.
So your images were unedited? Well, if it happens again, could you leave it and I’ll get Matt to have a look at it to see if he can explain this mystery. :thumbs:

Same for me. From my iPad, I use safari on the web to access Mobitog, then upload from there. I choose the large size when it asks, but I’ll try the next smaller size (medium) and see what happens.
A9D75C94-2D8E-42E3-8AE3-F84D77188692.jpeg

4D5FDFCC-6408-4903-86C9-12AD7984E73D.jpeg

first is an edited image, second is not edited at all...same thing happens at medium size. I’ll test small next.

DAAA9160-B6E4-4B26-90C3-B3D814B2F66E.jpeg
Edited image
4ACB8D4D-703A-46B2-9DEB-E00D4D18668D.jpeg
Unedited image
4EBA8108-87AD-4759-AB45-5894AA471C13.jpeg
another unedited image
will this info help? I tried another unedited and it also turned sideways.feel free to delete this test post and the previous one when you are done with them for problem solving.

Back
Top Bottom