• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who have DONATED to help with MobiTog's running costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum! (If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and additional expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has minor update/improvement stuff on-going... :)

Search fuzzyness

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
My phone autocapitalised my search term. I got one and a half pages of results.
Because I failed to find the page I was looking for I searched without the capitalisation, got 9 pages and found the page I was looking for.
I don't know if search fuzzyness can be tweaked but it may help those less strict term search savvy.

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
My phone autocapitalised my search term. I got one and a half pages of results.
Because I failed to find the page I was looking for I searched without the capitalisation, got 9 pages and found the page I was looking for.
I don't know if search fuzzyness can be tweaked but it may help those less strict term search savvy.
Hey rizole. Thanks for flagging. What was the search term? I just tested with a few different ones capitalised and not, and got the same results each time.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
It was wallpaper.
I think I've jumped the gun flagging it up though. Now I'm trying to replicate it, it's not capitalisation that's the issue. Im getting the same results with upper and lower.
Except the first time I tried...
Screenshot_20170714-065601.png

Oddly I only got a page and a half the first time I searched last night and the first this morning. The other umpteen times today have all returned the same results.
Not sure what that might be but it's not fuzziness.

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
I suspect it's caching to speed up the search result.