Seattle - Before and After

West End Girl

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Laura
Device
On another sites' challenge someone took their cityscape and made it look like an old postcard. So I tried it on a pic of Seattle I took this past July. Still never figured out how to get the matte, paper, watercolor look...but I will keep trying.
image.jpeg

On another sites' challenge someone took their cityscape and made it look like an old postcard. So I tried it on a pic of Seattle I took this past July. Still never figured out how to get the matte, paper, watercolor look...but I will keep trying.View attachment 81407
Lovely Laura. Someone did that here too. It was one of the "boys" in USA. I'm sure it was for a challenge. I'll have a look and if I find it I'll point you to it. I think it was Darren@RI Darren.

Interesting. I guess that skyscraper topic will be amazing if it gets polaroid'zed :thumbs:
That'll inject some "Shaft" and "Make my day!" into it :D

I've ended up with kinda "recoloured" 1920 ("Greetings from Bad Nauheim") postcard edit - by mistake - a few days ago.
Snapseed's HDR (and probably a bit of details > structure) has made it.
Good luck & have fun.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Still never figured out how to get the matte, paper, watercolor look...but I will keep trying.
I took a stab at a faux postcard here, using a linen-like texture from iColorama, with ToonCamera to accentuate the edges and give it a slightly unreal/non-photographic look, plus a white border:

image-jpg.62776

If I were going to do it again, I'd fade the colors and maybe tint it a bit to get the 1920s linen postcard look.

I took a stab at a faux postcard here, using a linen-like texture from iColorama, with ToonCamera to accentuate the edges and give it a slightly unreal/non-photographic look, plus a white border:

image-jpg.62776

If I were going to do it again, I'd fade the colors and maybe tint it a bit to get the 1920s linen postcard look.

I forgot about doing the edges like yours. Well done!
There is so much out there that I need to rediscover.

On another sites' challenge someone took their cityscape and made it look like an old postcard. So I tried it on a pic of Seattle I took this past July. Still never figured out how to get the matte, paper, watercolor look...but I will keep trying.View attachment 81407
This is a great transformation! Pixlr has some good texture filters that make it look like paper, and iColorama has paper texture and watercolor filters.

p.s. I grew up in Washington state! [emoji4]

p.s. I grew up in Washington state!

Well then, RoseCat, get ready to visually go home! WA is our dream destination...we go every other year on a long vacation to the Olympic Pennisula.

How funny. I was listing all the places I'd visited in WA and one of them was the most northerly temperate rainforest on the Olympic Peninsula. WA is a wonderful state. The coastline is amazing.

How funny. I was listing all the places I'd visited in WA and one of them was the most northerly temperate rainforest on the Olympic Peninsula. WA is a wonderful state. The coastline is amazing.

You should head south along 101 and see Oregon's coast. It is also beautiful with many view points that are spectacular.

The fading that you did of the colors definitely puts me in mind of a vintage postcard. Add that linen-y texture and you'll be spot on! ;)

I am sure that there's a Hipsta combo that looks like an old postcard. Someone out there will know which one it is.:)

Ahhh, California. :inlove: I have been there. Been to WA and California, but missed out Oregon. Shame on me!

We don't seem able to leave the Olympic Peninsula's West End. First Beach, The Hoh Rainforest, Hurricane Ridge, Neah Bay, Forks and all the other spots...we love and don't stray far.
Though in 2018 we have thoughts of doing Mt Rainier and the Columbia River before heading north to the West End.

We don't seem able to leave the Olympic Peninsula's West End. First Beach, The Hoh Rainforest, Hurricane Ridge, Neah Bay, Forks and all the other spots...we love and don't stray far.
Though in 2018 we have thoughts of doing Mt Rainier and the Columbia River before heading north to the West End.
Oh, I was in Forks when I was a teenager.... saw some amazing herds of Elk.
You are really making me want to go back for a long adventure!! (JillyG, wanna come with??) :D

Oh, I was in Forks when I was a teenager.... saw some amazing herds of Elk.
You are really making me want to go back for a long adventure!! (JillyG, wanna come with??) :D

Oh how I would love to go back, but my no fly policy and Rog's no sail policy mean we are limited to the places we can drive to. But that does include Europe and beyond (if we wanted to enter war zones:eek:).

Back
Top Bottom