• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

New Select an App Review for your MobiCommunity HERE... :)

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
WELCOME to the MobiTog App Review Selector Thread... :whistle:

Following an awesome suggestion by Mel (mahoganyturtle) in another app review thread, we thought it would be great to name some key apps that we would like to see Reviewed here on MobiTog... :inlove:

We would love to see key apps allocated for Review, to some of our more experienced members, to assist all of the MobiCommunity and especially those new to the MobiCommunity and just starting out in iPhoneography... :thumbs:

So, without further ado, we will list all those apps, below, we would love to have Reviewed/have been Reviewed here in this post, together with the name of the MobiMember who wishes to contribute an App Review to the Community, for everyone's benefit... :notworthy:

We will keep the OP updated with any further suggestions any of you may have for App Reviews as we progress... ;)

If you wish to carry out the App Review for any of the apps listed, or others that aren't, please tell us in this thread and we will make the necessary amendments... :cool:

Each App Review should then be added to the App Review Section here, as a NEW thread, so that MobiMembers can comment, contribute to, or even add further Reviews/mini-reviews of their own, including updates as they occur and keep the information in the same thread... :look:

As the App Review is completed please tell us and we will add a link to the relevant thread alongside the App Reviewl List below... :coffee:

So, here is the current list of App Reviews your Community would like to see completed...

Image Blender -
645 Pro -
Hipstamatic -
PhotoGene2 -
Camera+ > Emanuel (M_A_N_E)
Snapseed > Mel (mahoganyturtle)
FilterStorm > Maria (Mar)
VSCOCam > Bryan (bpahia)
ScratchCam > Lisa (lisamjw)

There will be more, just name them and we will add them to the list, or name the one you wish to Review and we will, likewise, add your name to the MobiReview Hall of Fame... :notworthy:

Thank you all and to Mel for the suggestion, now let's get this thing started... :D

Mar

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Maria Gioucha
Please add FilterStorm. I'm constantly amazed by how well it does what it does (when it doesn't crash.)
A question: what is the difference between app tutorial, and app review? I see there are two different sections in the forum, but don't understand the difference between them.

M_A_N_E

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Emanuel Faria
mahoganyturtle said:
I'll do snapseed :D
You are fast Mel I was going to that one too, no prob.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

M_A_N_E

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Emanuel Faria
I will go for camera +, or image blender or both if no ones available, those are two major app for me.

M_A_N_E

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Emanuel Faria
mahoganyturtle said:
If you want to Emanuel feel free I may not get enough time to do it soonish ;)
Joking no prob keep it if you need any help on it I will gladly help you

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
There is a stickie under app tutorials as well on which I volunteered to do a tutorial for Scratchcam. Should we combine all this info in one spot or am I just confused/confusing the matter? :) :)

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
lisamjw said:
There is a stickie under app tutorials as well on which I volunteered to do a tutorial for Scratchcam. Should we combine all this info in one spot or am I just confused/confusing the matter? :) :)
Please ignore this. I now realize we are reviewing and writing tutorials in two separate areas!!! So sorry if I confused anyone.

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Mar said:
Please add FilterStorm. I'm constantly amazed by how well it does what it does (when it doesn't crash.)
A question: what is the difference between app tutorial, and app review? I see there are two different sections in the forum, but don't understand the difference between them.
Hi Mar and thanks for tagging FilterStorm for Review... ;)

As for the difference, in very simple terms what we are expecting in each of the Review and Tutorial threads will be a detailed discussion on -

Review = what it does

Tutorial = how to do it

Hope that is clearer, but please shout up if you need more information... :)

Now, would you like to carry out a Review of FilterStorm or do a Tutorial... :D

lisamjw said:
Please ignore this. I now realize we are reviewing and writing tutorials in two separate areas!!! So sorry if I confused anyone.
It is probably me confusing everyone by being over zealous with my ambitions Lisa... ;)

Following Mel's suggestion about allocating app reviews to those that know I thought it might be sensible to try and cover a Review plus a Tutorial for as many of the commonly used apps as our awesome MobiMembers can muster... :whistle:

Putting both up at the same time was likely to cause confusion because of the similarities, apologies for that... :(

I still believe if we can harness the skills, experience and knowledge of all our members and publish Reviews and Tutorials in this way it will be a great information resource for the MobiCommunity, new members and longer serving alike... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
As I said in the other thread, no need to apologize! I need to learn to read more carefully and less quickly. :)

bpahia

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Bryan
Add VSCOCam to that list, as I'll happily write a review for it. :D

Mar

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Maria Gioucha
Hi Mar and thanks for tagging FilterStorm for Review... ;)

As for the difference, in very simple terms what we are expecting in each of the Review and Tutorial threads will be a detailed discussion on -

Review = what it does

Tutorial = how to do it

Hope that is clearer, but please shout up if you need more information... :)

Now, would you like to carry out a Review of FilterStorm or do a Tutorial... :D
Venomator, do you mean that: Review is a thorough explanation of an app using a picture as an example. Whereas Tutorial is showcasing some (or all) of the abilities of an app, but the highlight of the tutorial is the final edited (and hopefully inspirational) picture.

If I understood it correctly, than YES, I'll do a review of FilterStorm :inlove: . Use it and love it. But I'm not a professional photographer, so I hope that's not a problem.

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Mar said:
Venomator, do you mean that: Review is a thorough explanation of an app using a picture as an example. Whereas Tutorial is showcasing some (or all) of the abilities of an app, but the highlight of the tutorial is the final edited (and hopefully inspirational) picture.

If I understood it correctly, than YES, I'll do a review of FilterStorm :inlove: . Use it and love it. But I'm not a professional photographer, so I hope that's not a problem.
More or less, yes - the Review will detail the capabilities and explore the functionality of an app, using screen iMages as necessary to illustrate the commentary... ;)

Whereas a Tutorial will provide a detailed, step by step, 'how to' approach using the start iMage and going through all the steps of using an app/apps to the final piece of work and enough iMages to illustrate each step of the way... :)

Hope that helps... ;)

And, yes, it would be great if you will review FilterStorm, thank you... :thumbs:

But no, it is totally not necessary to be a professional photographer, in fact most of our MobiMembers are not professionals... :rog:

You just need to be a user of the app under review and familiar with all its aspects, in enough detail to describe it in easily understood terms to your fellow MobiMembers... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
AHA!!! :thumbs:

I was very confused because it seemed there were 2 identical threads happening... now I get it. lisamjw, guess I should slow down and read more carefully as well. :D

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Ok got it ;) now what did I sign up for lol? The review?
:lmao:

You volunteered for the Review Mel... :notworthy:

But we'll happily let you do the Tutorial too if you wish... :whistle:

Seriously, whatever you are comfortable with, no pressure at all... :D

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I'll do snapseed :D
Add VSCOCam to that list, as I'll happily write a review for it. :D
:thumbs: ... :notworthy: ... :inlove:

Thanks so much guys 'n gals, your names have been added to your chosen apps... :D

Keep the apps and volunteerings coming please... :whistle:

You will be adding so much to your MobiCommunity that will be available for many members to come... ;)

You are building the start of an exciting and valuable resource for all MobiMembers to enjoy (and participate in growing of course... :sneaky: )... :rog:

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I will go for camera +, or image blender or both if no ones available, those are two major app for me.
Brilliant stuff Emanuel, thank you so much for assisting with the App Review Section... :notworthy:

Your contribution to this community is truly awesome and we really do appreciate all of your iMages and input, thank you... :inlove:

I have only put your name against Camera+ for now, but if it remains unclaimed when you have completed C+ we can always add you to do iMageBlender afterwards, if you still wish to do it... :D

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Since I'm doing the tutorial for Scratchcam I will review as well...unless someone else has volunteered.
Consider you volunteered... :whistle:

Thanks muchly Lisa... :inlove:

:rog:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus