sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
Admit it we've all done it, taken a shadow selfie, either by design or accident. So if you've got one, feel free to post here so we can all see your shadow self :)
Of course if you've NEVER done that, then take one NOW !!

shadow selfie.jpg

If you knew the contortions I had to do to take this you would be more careful about encouraging people to take selfies. I was perched on the window sill because the sun is at such an angle this time of year. I'd already tried one sitting on the floor, but the dog kept looking at me strangely. When that happens I know I'm doing something weird!

IMG_2067.JPG

If you knew the contortions I had to do to take this you would be more careful about encouraging people to take selfies. I was perched on the window sill because the sun is at such an angle this time of year. I'd already tried one sitting on the floor, but the dog kept looking at me strangely. When that happens I know I'm doing something weird!

View attachment 83370
but a supreme effort all the same Jilly :) great SS !!

In my 64
View attachment 83369
"Today is the first day of the rest of my existence"
Cool!!

View attachment 83370
Hahahaha!!!! That's funny.... I can just picture it too. :D And I love your shadow selfie.

View attachment 83370
Well, I just think that's magnificent! I've been stomping around the house trying to find a decent shadow let alone an interesting setting. Then realised I would have to erect something and discovered I know diddly squat about lighting. Getting the distance right between me the lighting and the camera was a real mind bender especially without a tripod. In the end I thought I'd better abandon it before the DH came home for supper and started quizzing me on the weird arrangements of chairs on sofas etc etc!

Last edited:
Don't force it Ann, it will come naturally sooner or later :cool:

Well, I wanted to get a closer silhouette but to be honest I got a fair number of them in Florence all unintentional except one (and these are only a few!)

The intentional. Me and the Tom.
image.jpeg

The unintentional - with the sun so low, quite difficult not to get your shadow in.

Not a great photo but I was trying to screen out someone standing near the door and forgot my own shadow!
image.jpeg

Really bad!
image.jpeg

The iPhone here makes me look like I have a gas mask on lol.
image.jpeg

Well, I wanted to get a closer silhouette but to be honest I got a fair number of them in Florence all unintentional except one (and these are only a few!)

View attachment 83372

The unintentional - with the sun so low, quite difficult not to get your shadow in.

Not a great photo but I was trying to screen out someone standing near the door and forgot my own shadow!
View attachment 83373
Really bad!
View attachment 83374

View attachment 83375
Nice :)

I'd know that faceless profile anywhere... :D

You gals will line wait for just about anything... :lmao:
Believe me, would avoid them like the plague if I could. Tom used to tease me about rushing for passport control until he realised that it could save you between 30min to an hour in some places. Now he's out front and we joke at every person we pass as being 5 minutes less in the queue.

View attachment 83372

View attachment 83373
Really bad!
View attachment 83374

View attachment 83375
Lovely lovely Florence... :inlove:
And LOL at the gas mask reference... :D

View attachment 83370
Gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom