Sign Spotting

http://www.signspotting.com/

Interesting and quirky signs from around the world.
Reminds me of the song "signs" by the 80's rock band Tesla

"5 man acoustical jam" is must have for any wrinkly rocker :cool:
"....blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind!!!!"

Wait..... I think I'm in the wrong decade. :lol:

Hmmmmm...... this could be a cool project thread!! :sneaky: Quirky Signs from Around the World.

Hmmmmm...... this could be a cool project thread!! :sneaky: Quirky Signs from Around the World.
Hmmm...I think you're right. I love this idea. Signs are so indicative of different parts of the world. Here are a couple to get the ball rolling, taken on a recent visit to the RAF Museum in London.

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

What a great sign!! And OMG I could live off of maple sugar candy.... <drool>

Never heard of it! (We are a veritable backwoods - no fried pickles, no maple sugar candy). I spose it tastes like maple syrup? Is it crunchy?

And FundyBrian Brian the #Red thread is calling your name . . . I'd love to see that Frabliere sign over there .... ? :appsir: :mobibabe: :inlove:

Never heard of it! (We are a veritable backwoods - no fried pickles, no maple sugar candy). I spose it tastes like maple syrup? Is it crunchy?

And FundyBrian Brian the #Red thread is calling your name . . . I'd love to see that Frabliere sign over there .... ? :appsir: :mobibabe: :inlove:
I would say it's a bit fudge-like. Maybe a bit firmer.
The #Red thread? I'll have to look that up. It's hard to keep up.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1448053410.422419.jpg

A glimpse into the friendly rivalry among local Chev, Ford & Dodge truck owners.
Alma, NB. iPhone 6, PureShot brackets, Fusion.
I have chuckled several times passing by this sign but today I stopped to take a picture, just for you Mobitog folks.
And of course, here in Canada speed signs are posted in km/h.

There's also maple cream, maple butter, those are light in colour and fairly soft and spreadable. Also, hard maple sugar candy or lollypop on a stick. These are semi-transparent dark amber and glossy. Maple sugar candy is often moulded into maple leaf shapes for the tourist trade.
If you go to one of the "open to the public" maple sugar camps in the spring while they are boiling the sap down into syrup they will sometimes pour some syrup on the snow to harden into candy for you to taste.

I would say it's a bit fudge-like. Maybe a bit firmer.
The #Red thread? I'll have to look that up. It's hard to keep up.

Apologies, Brian - it would have been good manners to post the link :confused:

Forgive my narcissistic personality disorder that assumes everyone just knows my fabulous LoA thread and its latest incarnation :D

View attachment 70342
A glimpse into the friendly rivalry among local Chev, Ford & Dodge truck owners.
I have chuckled several times passing by this sign but today I stopped to take a picture, just for you Mobitog folks.

Thank you Brian! Nice to see these traces of community :thumbs:

View attachment 70342
This made me laugh out loud! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom