Sign Spotting

Understated.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1448137218.164718.jpg

There's a fancy restaurant in this very old stone building but the only sign is the small one above the door. Perhaps restrictions about modifying historic buildings has caused this or maybe they already have enough word-of-mouth business.
iPhone 6, Fusion.
Point Claire Village, Quebec.

Endangered Atlantic Salmon
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1448137978.471674.jpg

A sign along the UpperSalmon River in Alma, NB. This is by the old mill road where we often walk our dog, Woofie. The old sawmill has been gone a good 100 years. Logging dams built to power the mill also blocked the salmon from returning to the river to spawn. iPhone 6, Fusion, Skew.

Understated.
View attachment 70381
There's a fancy restaurant in this very old stone building but the only sign is the small one above the door. Perhaps restrictions about modifying historic buildings has caused this or maybe they already have enough word-of-mouth business.
iPhone 6, Fusion.
Point Claire Village, Quebec.
What a beautiful entryway!!

Do you by chance know what the green hanging plant is ? :)
Still working on this. I know the hanging red-flowered plant is some variety of fuschia. The other in still looking for. It's not in my garden books. Other resources can show me a picture if I know the name, but not the other way around.

Still working on this. I know the hanging red-flowered plant is some variety of fuschia. The other in still looking for. It's not in my garden books. Other resources can show me a picture if I know the name, but not the other way around.

I appreciate your efforts. I'm reassured knowing it won't be long before I can wave my hands around near the Google search bar and say 'you know, kindof long trailing thing . . '

I appreciate your efforts. I'm reassured knowing it won't be long before I can wave my hands around near the Google search bar and say 'you know, kindof long trailing thing . . '
To some degree you can do that in several field guides but not for cultivated plants as far as I can tell.

Stop here, get gas.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1449143649.077578.jpg

iPhone 6, Fusion.
47&6/10 cents per gallon had to have been a long time ago. I started by wondering when Canada had switched to metric. According to Wiki, Canada officially passed the metric system program into law in 1971 under the Pierre Trudeau government. However, various parts of it were phased in over the next few years. Gasoline sales in metric measure didn't happen until 1979. It started in 1978 but there was some foot dragging by some opposed to change. So this old gas pump is at least as old as 1979. The first oil crisis was in 1973, another in 1979. This pump only has 2 digits for cents so it could not be used for gas prices over $1.00 per gallon. I thought I could find out online when the price of gas in Canada was this amount but was unsuccessful. I did find that the cost of a barrel of crude oil has been going along around $3.00 a barrel until it suddenly rose to $12.00 in 1973. Exactly how that translated into $/gallon of gasoline I couldn't track down.

Handwave recognition will certainly be an important component of advanced voice recognition.

Back
Top Bottom