Sign Spotting

Why would you?

DEB04165-F788-492F-9544-CB0EFC58B1B2.jpeg

I’d definitely throw them back. :lol:

Interesting that the plain clothes store detective pictured appears to be wearing a Santa hat.
View attachment 146484
Well, if it’s the shoplifter, then he’ll be easy to recognise and the same if it’s the store detective. I’m not sure the shop has thought this thing through. It’s quite a large sign and doesn’t say to me “Welcome. Come in, browse and see what we have to offer.”. And Blu Tack????? This is a classy place.

Well, if it’s the shoplifter, then he’ll be easy to recognise and the same if it’s the store detective. I’m not sure the shop has thought this thing through. It’s quite a large sign and doesn’t say to me “Welcome. Come in, browse and see what we have to offer.”. And Blu Tack????? This is a classy place.
AND it’s crooked. <sigh> :feet:

A22B5A03-C96C-4877-87BE-AC59FC67B5F2.jpeg

In places where it is cold much of the time global warming actually seems like a good idea. Until you realize the overwhelming negative consequences. Canada’s far north has been very badly affected already but it is so far away that the real impact of this doesn’t make the news in southern Canada. The ecosystem changes up there are frightening.

We were in Moncton yesterday where it was HOT. My first real exposure to summer heat this year. I wilted. The news said to could be close to 40°C in the city. There was an outdoor custom car event I also wanted to see (and photograph) later on but we had to get out of town to escape the heat. Just 15 minutes away out of the downtown area the temperature was already cooler by several degrees. It is plain that the city itself creates the heat problem. The city need a whole lot more trees. Another 15 minutes farther away the temperature was a more comfortable 23°C. As we travelled towards home and closer to the Bay of Fundy we watched the temperature drop. 20, 18. By the turn-off road to home it was 16°C and a little up hill at home 17°. Whew! From 37 down to 17 in one hour’s drive (south). Start planting those trees. My property is 4/5 trees but I think I will plant the open areas with more trees.

View attachment 146973
In places where it is cold much of the time global warming actually seems like a good idea. Until you realize the overwhelming negative consequences. Canada’s far north has been very badly affected already but it is so far away that the real impact of this doesn’t make the news in southern Canada. The ecosystem changes up there are frightening.

We were in Moncton yesterday where it was HOT. My first real exposure to summer heat this year. I wilted. The news said to could be close to 40°C in the city. There was an outdoor custom car event I also wanted to see (and photograph) later on but we had to get out of town to escape the heat. Just 15 minutes away out of the downtown area the temperature was already cooler by several degrees. It is plain that the city itself creates the heat problem. The city need a whole lot more trees. Another 15 minutes farther away the temperature was a more comfortable 23°C. As we travelled towards home and closer to the Bay of Fundy we watched the temperature drop. 20, 18. By the turn-off road to home it was 16°C and a little up hill at home 17°. Whew! From 37 down to 17 in one hour’s drive (south). Start planting those trees. My property is 4/5 trees but I think I will plant the open areas with more trees.
Someone's only gone and quantified a global warming solution. There are (if i remember correctly) 3 trillion trees on the planet. There needs to be 1 trillion more to lock back up the atmospheric carbon. There are, apparently, plenty of places thsat can be used for this that doesn't include agricultural, industrial or residential land.
I completely understand the current surge of anger over climate change. It's a totally solvable problem but the polititions and corporations repeatedly sabotage a fix.
Reference: Science in action https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07g0xs7

Someone's only gone and quantified a global warming solution. There are (if i remember correctly) 3 trillion trees on the planet. There needs to be 1 trillion more to lock back up the atmospheric carbon. There are, apparently, plenty of places thsat can be used for this that doesn't include agricultural, industrial or residential land.
I completely understand the current surge of anger over climate change. It's a totally solvable problem but the polititions and corporations repeatedly sabotage a fix.
Yes I heard about the tree planting idea too. Theoretically possible as long as corporate interests will help instead of hinder.
Yes, I too think a lot could be done if we could get around the corporations that block every attempt. They are worried they may be called upon to act in the public good instead of the bottom line.
Do you remember when the “public good” was an important factor in government decisions? Before the corporate takeover.

There won’t be much tree planting in the far north tundra - above the tree line. Although newly melted permafrost may provide new opportunities.

In a fight between a washing machine and fridge freezer, which would you put your money on?
View attachment 149020
I did some work for a charity once. Someone donated a swanky almost walk-in fridge/freezer so they put old, working fridge/freezer, out by the road with a big FREE sign on it. After a week it was still there. I suggested we try to get some money for it so made a sign with $50 and stuck it on the door with the phone number to call. Next morning it was gone;)

Back
Top Bottom