Sign Spotting

How many steps do you take a day, do you know? I get the impression it's a bit.
My phone says the average is around 7500/day, but it swings wildly between 5000 and 10,000. (I imagine Geek1956 clocks more.) I do almost all my shooting while out walking, but I haven't noticed any correlation between steps taken and photos taken.

It's not something I could have done while I was working. I had deadlines all the time and was usually nailed to my chair (metaphorically, for the most part).

My phone says the average is around 7500/day, but it swings wildly between 5000 and 10,000. (I imagine Geek1956 clocks more.) I do almost all my shooting while out walking, but I haven't noticed any correlation between steps taken and photos taken.

It's not something I could have done while I was working. I had deadlines all the time and was usually nailed to my chair (metaphorically, for the most part).
In that case my next question is do you travel to where you're planning to walk? You look like you're in different neighbourhoods most days. It could just be what you focus your camera on of course. Just curious.

In that case my next question is do you travel to where you're planning to walk? You look like you're in different neighbourhoods most days. It could just be what you focus your camera on of course. Just curious.
Yes, I drive somewhere, park the car, and walk around (and often run errands or do shopping on the same trip). It's chancy walking in the area where we live -- narrow country roads, no walkways, and the occasional crazed or distracted driver mean you have to be ready to leap into the blackberry bushes at any moment. It's not restful. Fortunately, Santa Cruz itself has been a tourist town for quite a while, so it has lots of areas where you can leave your car and wander about. The past couple of years, I've bought a day pass for parking at state parks, too.

My job entails walking 17000 to 21000 steps a day (10-20km) usually in different neighbourhoods. I’m always on the lookout for a photo op but some residential areas can be a bit mundane. On the weekends I’ll plan a trip into the Sydney CBD where I’ll plan a route based around street art (IG is useful for planning) and I’ll cover maybe 20km.

My job entails walking 17000 to 21000 steps a day (10-20km) usually in different neighbourhoods. I’m always on the lookout for a photo op but some residential areas can be a bit mundane. On the weekends I’ll plan a trip into the Sydney CBD where I’ll plan a route based around street art (IG is useful for planning) and I’ll cover maybe 20km.
What's your job? Sorry if I've missed this on other threads.

It's chancy walking in the area where we live -- narrow country roads, no walkways, and the occasional crazed or distracted driver mean you have to be ready to leap into the blackberry bushes at any moment.
Sounds just like my neighborhood! Guess I should get my butt in a car and drive somewhere to walk around too…

AD71062E-B1B4-4FC0-B4CE-8989EA417B67.jpeg

Interesting. I average about 10,000 a day each year but this year I have had more days of lots of steps (lots of golf) and more days of less steps (sedentary as home what with covid) and I feel fitter this year.

:lol: Shouldn’t there be three then?
Dove Lowe is the place name. The w3w are airfields plastic exposes.
Probably a design failure to make the w3w so small on the sign. You don't want to be trying to decode that after losing a leg to a rabid grouse and slowly dying from exposure.

Dove Lowe is the place name. The w3w are airfields plastic exposes.
Probably a design failure to make the w3w so small on the sign. You don't want to be trying to decode that after losing a leg to a rabid grouse and slowly dying from exposure.
Ohhhhhh, yes. I see.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom