sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

There’s a FB Page on ICM (intentional camera movement) which I’ve started following to see how ICM (introduced here longago by Kurt (?) compares to editing techniques like blurring, bokeh, light effects and the like.

(So far: no idea)

Ooh, very nice! I do like your multi-directional blurring - it links in the title, makes me look for 5he cyclist and adds to the sense of motion. I like the palette too. Looks like SnapSeed ‘Morning’? I’m curious what order you did the blurring/SnapSeed-ing in: I’m mystified by some blurring brushes in SketchClub that seem designed to drag bits of colour across bits of the canvas, similar to the effect you’ve made here. I haven’t made anything that works as well as yours does. (Did you use layers?)

Two gorgeous edits. I’m not a big fan of HDR, but you and rizole seem consistently to have the right touch.
So many questions ! :D Thank you :thumbs:
The blurring is just in an Android app called Bluristic, so you shoot with the app and it does the blurring live. You are creating the blur in the moment rather than editing it. Not sure if there is an ios equivalent? I used snapseed to bring it out the colours a little. No layers, no brushes and I don't think I used the 'Morning' preset but I do see where you are coming from with that.

There used to be (and probably still is) some very garish examples of HDR around, possibly because it was easier to achieve a fake look with various apps etc. I know Brian would use a more complicated method, a proper photographers way, but I think if you can use it subtlety enough 'in-app' it can look ok, make an image stand out.

There are various viewpoints about HDR love/hate. Maybe it would make a good subject for a modified TWAC.

There’s a FB Page on ICM (intentional camera movement) which I’ve started following to see how ICM (introduced here longago by Kurt (?) compares to editing techniques like blurring, bokeh, light effects and the like.

(So far: no idea)
I will add that for every half decent image like the one I posted, there are probably 100 hopeless ones. But isn't that always the case with everything :lol:

LRM_EXPORT_169545202168231_20181115_193909341.jpeg

washing line - LRM

No, but I suppose if there wasn’t a Mrs Potato Head nowadays, someone would complain. :rolleyes: I used to love this game.

Yeah, she’s been around (even had a featured performance in Toy Story). The male potatoes always seem to get the spotlight. :mobibabe:

I certainly remember Mrs. Potato Head.

Me, too. (And I'm probably older than all y'all.)
Strangely enough, a small town not so far away from me, Belper, is twinned with Pawtucket, Rhode Island, apparently the home of Mr Potato Head.
A number of years ago they gifted the town a giant Mr Potato Head.....
https://www.belpernews.co.uk/news/belper-s-mr-potato-head-put-back-together-again-1-8620244

Back
Top Bottom