• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
IMG_20200201_125534~2.jpg

Have I told you I love the Pre-Raphaelites? Maybe, well on my frequent visits to Birmingham I nearly always find time to call into BMAG where there are numerous PR's, this being one of them and one of my faves, which I photograph endlessly !

'The Last of England' by Ford Madox Brown was painted in 1855 and depicts a couple leaving England to start a new life in Australia. Don't you just love how the woman is clutching her babies tiny hand.
The only reason I'm showing you is that Google Photos asked me if I wanted to blur the background like it was a portrait, which I did and although not perfect I liked the effect.

I wouldn't normally share a photo of a painting as I don't think its original. But like I say, I liked how it came out.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 154825

Have I told you I love the Pre-Raphaelites? Maybe, well on my frequent visits to Birmingham I nearly always find time to call into BMAG where there are numerous PR's, this being one of them and one of my faves, which I photograph endlessly !

'The Last of England' by Ford Madox Brown was painted in 1855 and depicts a couple leaving England to start a new life in Australia. Don't you just love how the woman is clutching her babies tiny hand.
The only reason I'm showing you is that Google Photos asked me if I wanted to blur the background like it was a portrait, which I did and although not perfect I liked the effect.

I wouldn't normally share a photo of a painting as I don't think its original. But like I say, I liked how it came out.
Yes, that effect gives it depth. Love those faces.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 154825

It’s an amazing painting... the faces are so intense. I’m always awed by the detail in these. :notworthy: I love the blur... it makes it look almost like a photograph.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

rizole

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
View attachment 154825

That's James McAvoy.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Although the tea bag itself is an anathema to some people on Mobitog :rolleyes:
that would be me :thumbs:
bloody sweepings off the tea factory floor, teabags.
also a contradiction in terms.
also, how the hell are you supposed to read the teacup ?