sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

icm2.jpg

one that didn't work that well

Couldn’t John just tap into the power supply at the top of the pole?
Found the answer. Here's my latest gadget, a solar powered power bank. Fully charged there's enough power there to charge my phone 6 times and positioned right you can squeeze several more hours out from solar power. Set that up with a phone as a camera trap and come back once a week for maintenance. Bang! You've caught your bear on camera.
Extra points for this particular bank for me as it charges wirelessly, which my phone can do. £30 off Amazon.

Attachments

• 20200617_203915.jpg
    20200617_203915.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 51
Found the answer. Here's my latest gadget, a solar powered power bank. Fully charged there's enough power there to charge my phone 6 times and positioned right you can squeeze several more hours out from solar power. Set that up with a phone as a camera trap and come back once a week for maintenance. Bang! You've caught your bear on camera.
Extra points for this particular bank for me as it charges wirelessly, which my phone can do. £30 off Amazon.
Hmm and when the local youth steal it from the field ?

Ooooh, we need one of those. :thumbs:

Hmm and when the local youth steal it from the field ?
Camo. Get a ladder, mount it inaccessible and add camo. Make it look like infrastructure or vegetation or smear mud on it. It's amazing how people miss stuff that looks likes it's been there forever.
And then redundancy. Mount 5 of these and sit back. Shouldn't cost you more than a few hundred quid.
:D

Ooooh, we need one of those. :thumbs:
Here's the listing. I spent some time looking at options and thought this the best from the range. Although they only have 10 ratings for this product, they're all 5 star and I'm very happy with it myself. The one design thing they've missed out is a surface on the wireless charging side that holds a phone in place. It's too smooth. Fine if you use it in the house but in a car your phone will be vibrated off it repeatedly. I'm trying various surfaces to fix the issue. Clingfilm isn't bad but I'm sure I can find something better.

Edit...Oh....now I've done my sales pitch I see it's currently unavailable. Doh!

Here's the listing. I spent some time looking at options and thought this the best from the range. Although they only have 10 ratings for this product, they're all 5 star and I'm very happy with it myself. The one design thing they've missed out is a surface on the wireless charging side that holds a phone in place. It's too smooth. Fine if you use it in the house but in a car your phone will be vibrated off it repeatedly. I'm trying various surfaces to fix the issue. Clingfilm isn't bad but I'm sure I can find something better.

Edit...Oh....now I've done my sales pitch I see it's currently unavailable. Doh!
Yes, I was going to say that. :lol:

You bought the last one!!

Back
Top Bottom