sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
LRM_20220420_191504.jpg

I was reminded by Starzee's 365 photo that I'd not posted any of our Cherry this year. - LRM colours slightly modified.

Saudade

A deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for something or someone that one cares for and/or loves. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never be had again. It is the recollection of feelings, experiences, places, or events that once brought excitement, pleasure, and well-being, which now trigger the senses and make one experience the pain of separation from those joyous sensations. Saudade describes a feeling both happy and sad, and could be approximated by the English expression ‘bitter sweet’.

Last edited:

younger

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
But not quite real, does it matter?
It never does :)

Saudade could also be translated as “longing”, or when you miss someone or something. I believe there’s no translation to saudade I’m any other language. Unique to us Portuguese speakers :)

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
It never does :)

Saudade could also be translated as “longing”, or when you miss someone or something. I believe there’s no translation to saudade I’m any other language. Unique to us Portuguese speakers :)
Its been an educational week, I'm not as highly schooled as some of my fellow Mobitoggers :lol:

The other word I came across this week was Aposiopesis - 'A figure of speech wherein a sentence is deliberately broken off and left unfinished, the ending to be supplied by the imagination, giving an impression of unwillingness or inability to continue.'
Now I would never had thunk there was a word for that, but you live and learn. I'll weave it into a photo challenge sooner or later, be warned :sneaky:

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Its been an educational week, I'm not as highly schooled as some of my fellow Mobitoggers :lol:

The other word I came across this week was Aposiopesis - 'A figure of speech wherein a sentence is deliberately broken off and left unfinished, the ending to be supplied by the imagination, giving an impression of unwillingness or inability to continue.'
Now I would never had thunk there was a word for that, but you live and learn. I'll weave it into a photo challenge sooner or later, be warned :sneaky:
I’ve done that quite a few times, but never knew there was a word for it. Amazing.