sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

It’s Merlin!! Those hands are SCARY. Good find John and a great composition. If it wasn’t for the human in the image, we wouldn’t know how enormous this sculpture was.:thumbs:
Funny you should mention Merlin, he does look wizardly. Some unenlightened tourists were asking if he was from GOT or LOTR and not a medieval bishop at all :rolleyes: (obviously not me :oops: )

BWPhoto_20180816_224428.jpg

Summer's end
Trying out a new app, goes by the title of 'Darkroom Editor: Premium 8mm Retro & VHS Effect'

IMG_0183.JPG

Winter - Question, as much as I love the summer, I actually think autumn/winter is a much better season for image making. Apart from a lot of photos of Croatia, I don't seem to have made much at all over the summer. The cooler months bring better atmosphere in my eyes, what do you think?

View attachment 113484
Winter - Question, as much as I love the summer, I actually think autumn/winter is a much better season for image making. Apart from a lot of photos of Croatia, I don't seem to have made much at all over the summer. The cooler months bring better atmosphere in my eyes, what do you think?
I do love winter trees, because you can really see their skeleton and shape, and you can see all the normally-hidden-by-summer-growth spaces in between the trees.

That being said, I love all the seasons for image making... each one has its own tale to tell.

And that’s an absolutely lovely image! :hearteyes:

View attachment 113484
Agree. Sunny perfect weather doesn’t make for good photography. Works for most everything else.

View attachment 113221
Staunton Harold - I always think this place is quintessentially English (not a word I often use).
Looking a little dried out after the unusually hot summer. I always end up taking the same photo every time I visit
That tree is beautiful. This looks like a nice place to while away the hours :)

View attachment 113484
I agree. Capturing trees in Summer, when they are covered in leaves can make them look, for the most part, one dimensional. Once the leaves start to drop we can appreciate the different layers and also get a peek behind the curtain, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom