sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

IMG_20200201_125534~2.jpg

Have I told you I love the Pre-Raphaelites? Maybe, well on my frequent visits to Birmingham I nearly always find time to call into BMAG where there are numerous PR's, this being one of them and one of my faves, which I photograph endlessly !

'The Last of England' by Ford Madox Brown was painted in 1855 and depicts a couple leaving England to start a new life in Australia. Don't you just love how the woman is clutching her babies tiny hand.
The only reason I'm showing you is that Google Photos asked me if I wanted to blur the background like it was a portrait, which I did and although not perfect I liked the effect.

I wouldn't normally share a photo of a painting as I don't think its original. But like I say, I liked how it came out.

View attachment 154825

Have I told you I love the Pre-Raphaelites? Maybe, well on my frequent visits to Birmingham I nearly always find time to call into BMAG where there are numerous PR's, this being one of them and one of my faves, which I photograph endlessly !

'The Last of England' by Ford Madox Brown was painted in 1855 and depicts a couple leaving England to start a new life in Australia. Don't you just love how the woman is clutching her babies tiny hand.
The only reason I'm showing you is that Google Photos asked me if I wanted to blur the background like it was a portrait, which I did and although not perfect I liked the effect.

I wouldn't normally share a photo of a painting as I don't think its original. But like I say, I liked how it came out.
Yes, that effect gives it depth. Love those faces.

View attachment 154825

It’s an amazing painting... the faces are so intense. I’m always awed by the detail in these. :notworthy: I love the blur... it makes it look almost like a photograph.

View attachment 154825

That's James McAvoy.

Back
Top Bottom