sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

does stuff survive? Or do yiu have to replant after every flood (or heavy rain)?
I don’t know how long roses would survive if their feet got too wet. Do other bush-ey things do better ?,
Bushy stuff survives and roses, its only underwater for a day or so, maybe longer would make a difference. There are some daffodils coming up now so the bulbs must be ok.

He is quite long actually, is there a cat length to whisker formula?

yes [somewhat] bcs whiskers are sensory organs & are largely responsible for the cat‘s capacity to get around, sotospeak. Hence expression ‘the cat‘s whiskers’. some people ‘trim’ their cat’s whiskers (god only knows why). cut whiskers = very painful for cat - and makes them disorientatEd.

I thought they were called 'jazzies' !
Now I had to look it up !! The nonpareils are what I'd call Hundreds and Thousands or as wiki says, rather non appetizingly, ' Nonpareils are a decorative confectionery of tiny balls made with sugar and starch, traditionally an opaque white but now available in many colors. Their origin is uncertain, but they may have evolved out of the pharmaceutical use of sugar, as they were a miniature version of comfits'
Tiny balls, who knew :rolleyes:
(shhhh I think it only americans who call them nonpareils, what an odd word, not sure I can even say it :D )
Pronounced non/pa/rales apparently. I think I’ve been saying it wrong all my life - well, when I say “saying it wrong”, I think I can probably count on one finger the amount of times I’ve said that word to date. :lol:

okay I’ve caught up. I shouldn’t read a thread backwards.

in Au they were called ‘Freckles’. Much more intuitive label, if you ask me :mobibabe:
also: ‘pharmaceutical use if sugar’? Like teeth-rotting ABs for kids? :eek:

No way, he climbs all over me when I'm trying to use the computer, bashes the keyboard and everything :D

He's trying to figure out what's so interesting that keeps you staring at this thing for so long (instead of staring at him).

Quite. My black cat prefers a simple *splat* on top of whatever keyboard I’m typing on, file I’m writing in, book I’m reading. And then look at me like: *what?* [could possibly be more important/urgent/ meaningful than adoring me?

Retro and proud
FIMO_1583256728536-01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom