sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

View attachment 156137
Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to
Silk suit, black tie,
I don't need a reason why
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
And isn’t he well dressed! I love the contrast of the empty seats with the man waiting.

and in other news, at least the washing's getting dried easier........
1998CAM_2020_03_23_17_14_41_FN.jpg

Its a surreal experience, not one I enjoyed. Everyone looking at each other warily, its not great.
Interesting... When I go on walks, people I pass by (the vast majority of the time) smile and say hello. There was even a couple on the opposite side of a (normally, but not now) busy 4 lane road and we caught each other’s eye, smiled and waved.

Interesting... When I go on walks, people I pass by (the vast majority of the time) smile and say hello. There was even a couple on the opposite side of a (normally, but not now) busy 4 lane road and we caught each other’s eye, smiled and waved.
My experiences have been similar. Maybe it’s the small town thing, but while we make space for each other, we still wave or call out hello.

My experiences have been similar. Maybe it’s the small town thing, but while we make space for each other, we still wave or call out hello.
Well I was specifically talking about supermarket shopping in a big town, with people from a variety of backgrounds. Walking locally is much the same here I agree, people giving space to each other and being polite.

Well I was specifically talking about supermarket shopping in a big town, with people from a variety of backgrounds. Walking locally is much the same here I agree, people giving space to each other and being polite.
I’ve been into Waitrose today. I was quite trepidatious, but it wasn’t too bad. No queues, someone sanitising the trollies (about time too - why haven’t they always done that?), about 30 people in the whole store. There was more staff than customers, so it was hard to distance myself from them. Most things were available, but there was still no flour, no tinned stuff and hardly any eggs and longlife milk. We won’t need to go again for quite a few days.

I’ve been into Waitrose today. I was quite trepidatious, but it wasn’t too bad. No queues, someone sanitising the trollies (about time too - why haven’t they always done that?), about 30 people in the whole store. There was more staff than customers, so it was hard to distance myself from them. Most things were available, but there was still no flour, no tinned stuff and hardly any eggs and longlife milk. We won’t need to go again for quite a few days.
ha ha ha if you remember Jilly I shop at Aldi, at Waitrose darling I'd expect someone to valet my trolley before use :lmao:

No its not fun, but when is grocery shopping ever fun. We usually shop at Aldi and that wasn't too bad, but there are a few things they hadn't got or brands we prefer on certain things, so we went to Morrisons and that was like the Zombie Apocalypse :eek:
Aldi fans here too :rog:

ha ha ha if you remember Jilly I shop at Aldi, at Waitrose darling I'd expect someone to valet my trolley before use :lmao:
Aldi fans here too :rog:
I don’t think there are any Aldis in Washington. I went to an Aldi in a New Jersey and was so disappointed that they sold zero organic produce/products.

I don’t think there are any Aldis in Washington. I went to an Aldi in a New Jersey and was so disappointed that they sold zero organic produce/products.
My Aldi was a disappointment, too. Always a huge line and nothing I really want to buy. The last time I went the circular a friend brought me advertised all sorts of gluten free products, but there were none in that store. I’m told because of the size of ours it has only the best selling items. The closest large one is apparently about 30 miles away.

My Aldi was a disappointment, too. Always a huge line and nothing I really want to buy. The last time I went the circular a friend brought me advertised all sorts of gluten free products, but there were none in that store. I’m told because of the size of ours it has only the best selling items. The closest large one is apparently about 30 miles away.
Sounds very similar... a bunch of packaged stuff I’d never buy, and no organic produce. :p

Back
Top Bottom