sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

1589398600490.jpg

eschewing verisimilitude, as Jen would say.

Oh, how do you like the presets in Koloro? I just tried some Lightroom Mobile presets from Luxe Lens, but they turned out sort of meh (at least when applied to my photos).
I like them actually, so much that I splashed out on the lifetime membership for £10. Problem is they updated the app yesterday and mine no longer shows as a VIP member. So I'm kind of in dispute with them now :(

This was rather an extreme edit, most of the pre-sets are more subtle !

View attachment 157640
Telegraph pole in the field near me, top half of what's in BW Challenge this week. Somethings been using it as a scratching post.
To high for a cat, foxes? Bears, mad axeman :eek: :eek: :lol: Who knows?
I would say that was deer nibbles, not scratches, but don’t take that as gospel. Good find. Keep an eye out for bears.

Definitely no deer around here Jilly, I'll have to stake it out :D
Now I look at them again, something has been dragged across them. Maybe the council mower caught it. Or it could be a bored teenager. That could explain quite a few things actually.:lol:

Now I look at them again, something has been dragged across them. Maybe the council mower caught it. Or it could be a bored teenager. That could explain quite a few things actually.:lol:
Right, I thought the horizontal marks could be from a chain wrapped around the pole (someone winching themselves out of a ditch, for example). As for the vertical marks, maybe mutant badgers?

Maybe the council mower caught it. Or it could be a bored teenager.
maybe mutant badgers?
The cuts are 3 or 4 feet of the ground so I'll rule the mower theory out, in any case it's a meadow that is left to do its own thing.
The only wildlife we have are foxes and badgers (mutant or not), there were some sheep in the next field but to my knowledge they've never escaped and gone on a telegraph pole vandalism spree. Bored teenagers, hmm well we have a few of those.

The cuts are 3 or 4 feet of the ground so I'll rule the mower theory out, in any case it's a meadow that is left to do its own thing.
The only wildlife we have are foxes and badgers (mutant or not), there were some sheep in the next field but to my knowledge they've never escaped and gone on a telegraph pole vandalism spree. Bored teenagers, hmm well we have a few of those.
It’s a mystery and no mistake.:appsir:

We (Rog actually) think we’ve got the answer. Today, a team (who weren’t socially distancing!!:mad: ) came to fit two new telegraph poles In the village. They used this grabber thingy to drag it off the truck and hoist it into position. The grabber thingy left marks on the pole. I think that’s what the marks on your pole are. Your pole is a bit thicker than ours, and I suspect it needed more grabbing. What do you think?

We (Rog actually) think we’ve got the answer. Today, a team (who weren’t socially distancing!!:mad: ) came to fit two new telegraph poles In the village. They used this grabber thingy to drag it off the truck and hoist it into position. The grabber thingy left marks on the pole. I think that’s what the marks on your pole are. Your pole is a bit thicker than ours, and I suspect it needed more grabbing. What do you think?
Nice theory, but, it's been there for years so not needed any grabbing for a long time!

I've thought this one through before as a wildlife camera trap. Without a mains power supply I don't think it's very practical. Maybe a solar powered battery charger would do it.
Couldn’t John just tap into the power supply at the top of the pole? Or maybe not. I learned all I know about power supplies, science, medicine, the world from Donald Trump, so it must be right.

Back
Top Bottom