sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

PXL_20201115_120257765.jpg

its
in
the
trees

20201211103141_picture.jpg

Lily - kultcamera app

I've always been fascinated by 'vintage' photography, faked or not and love film simulation apps. Although this does have its critics, I believe it was Fundy Brian that hated this kind of thing, as photography in the day in Brian's opinion, never really had all those light leaks blurs and scratches etc.

To this end I'm really thinking of getting a cheap Holga 120 camera and trying some analog shots next year. I've already got Santa bringing me a Lomo instant camera for Christmas :)
Its expensive of course and I don't think it will be a complete substitute for mobile photography, but all good fun.

Last edited:
as photography in the day in Brian's opinion, never really had all those light leaks blurs and scratches etc.
Or at least photographers worked mightily to avoid them.

I found film photography has a different rhythm and feel to it, partly because you are stuck with one particular film speed and film type until you finish the roll and partly because you don't get to see what you've captured until after it's been developed (hours to days depending on where you take it or if you do it yourself). That was either fun or frustrating, depending on my mood. :D But beware the urge to snap off a couple of meaningless shots "to finish the roll" so that you can get it developed. That'll run up your film bill in no time.

View attachment 162671
Lily - kultcamera app

I've always been fascinated by 'vintage' photography, faked or not and love film simulation apps. Although this does have its critics, I believe it was Fundy Brian that hated this kind of thing, as photography in the day in Brian's opinion, never really had all those light leaks blurs and scratches etc.

To this end I'm really thinking of getting a cheap Holga 120 camera and trying some analog shots next year. I've already got Santa bringing me a Lomo instant camera for Christmas :)
Its expensive of course and I don't think it will be a complete substitute for mobile photography, but all good fun.
I totally agree with your fascination with “vintage” photography. I’ve got a Fuji instax90 which I enjoy. As a kid I had a Kodak, where I recall taking my cartridge of 20 snaps to the film processor and invariably you’d be lucky if one turned out. Got to agree with you on the vintage apps and I do recal reading an online review by Eric Kim about the huji cam and how close it was to the Kodak Porta 400 film, looked almost identical with the light leaks
View attachment 162671
Lily - kultcamera app

I’ve always wanted to create a wall full of square photos about 6inch x 6inch and these are exactly the type of photos I’d love to fill the wall with. You do a great job of using Kultcamera. I think this is really your forte. I’m interested to see how your lomo camera turns out. Whether you can achieve something as good as the apps.

I’ve always wanted to create a wall full of square photos about 6inch x 6inch and these are exactly the type of photos I’d love to fill the wall with. You do a great job of using Kultcamera. I think this is really your forte. I’m interested to see how your lomo camera turns out. Whether you can achieve something as good as the apps.
Thanks, at the moment, I find images straight from the camera please me much more than heavily edited shots.

View attachment 162671
Lily - kultcamera app

I think it’s pretty cool if you have time to use it. It’s in my bucket list. I spent AUD 500 on a DSL camera before Joana was born thinking that I would have the time to juggle between mobile phone and DSL as I pleased

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not happening anytime soon, as I struggle to stay still for the shortest time with my phone only while trying to keep her from falling off a cliff or throwing herself into traffic kinda thing :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom