sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

Ahhh, I see. But there is still a dearth of people, which is unexpected. Where were they all?
Well it was late in the day. If you've ever been there it's a pretty little place but not a lot to keep people entertained for long. The cafés were all closing down by 5 and the one restaurant I could find was upmarket and booked up. So a peaceful ice cream and sit by the harbour was had.

PXL_20210801_104408010.jpg

So onto Newquay, where we stayed. I have to say on my part with some trepidation, as Newquay has a reputation for the 'younger crowd' and we all know what that means in England. But the harbour still retains some charm and peace and even has a 'street food' area where we had several very tasty meals and I discovered Mango Moustache cider

View attachment 169806

So onto Newquay, where we stayed. I have to say on my part with some trepidation, as Newquay has a reputation for the 'younger crowd' and we all know what that means in England. But the harbour still retains some charm and peace and even has a 'street food' area where we had several very tasty meals and I discovered Mango Moustache cider
Mango moustache cider? Say what?

as Newquay has a reputation for the 'younger crowd' and we all know what that means in England
Not those of us across the seas, we don't. Here in the Silicon Valley area that would probably mean 20-something tech-workers with lots of money to throw around and 20-something college grads trying to find themselves (and without a lot of money to throw around).

KOLORO_1628587920121.jpg

To continue with my harbours of the SW tour :lol: This is St Michaels Mount, somewhere everyone should visit if they have the chance. It was a cloudy start, but did get better as the day progressed.
Edited with Koloro presets for LRM app.

PXL_20210901_101811966.1.jpg

Today I learned something new, ok maybe this is old news to some but for me it was a revelation.
This is Gruffudd ab Adda and in many churches and cathedrals across the United Kingdom there are usually stone effigies of important people of the time, knights, bishops kings and queens etc.
Now, if they have their feet on a Lion, they died valiantly in battle, but if they have their feet on a dog as Gruffudd ab Adda does, they probably died in bed of illness or old age. Fascinating eh?

There's more to come on our new friend Gruffudd ab Adda, stay tuned.

View attachment 170790

Today I learned something new, ok maybe this is old news to some but for me it was a revelation.
This is Gruffudd ab Adda and in many churches and cathedrals across the United Kingdom there are usually stone effigies of important people of the time, knights, bishops kings and queens etc.
Now, if they have their feet on a Lion, they died valiantly in battle, but if they have their feet on a dog as Gruffudd ab Adda does, they probably died in bed of illness or old age. Fascinating eh?

There's more to come on our new friend Gruffudd ab Adda, stay tuned.
Well that’s a good one to file away for the next trivia night . Thanks John

Back
Top Bottom