sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

img1647359208667.jpg

Test please ignore.

LRM_20220420_191504.jpg

I was reminded by Starzee's 365 photo that I'd not posted any of our Cherry this year. - LRM colours slightly modified.

Saudade

A deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for something or someone that one cares for and/or loves. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never be had again. It is the recollection of feelings, experiences, places, or events that once brought excitement, pleasure, and well-being, which now trigger the senses and make one experience the pain of separation from those joyous sensations. Saudade describes a feeling both happy and sad, and could be approximated by the English expression ‘bitter sweet’.

Last edited:
It never does :)

Saudade could also be translated as “longing”, or when you miss someone or something. I believe there’s no translation to saudade I’m any other language. Unique to us Portuguese speakers :)
Its been an educational week, I'm not as highly schooled as some of my fellow Mobitoggers :lol:

The other word I came across this week was Aposiopesis - 'A figure of speech wherein a sentence is deliberately broken off and left unfinished, the ending to be supplied by the imagination, giving an impression of unwillingness or inability to continue.'
Now I would never had thunk there was a word for that, but you live and learn. I'll weave it into a photo challenge sooner or later, be warned :sneaky:

Its been an educational week, I'm not as highly schooled as some of my fellow Mobitoggers :lol:

The other word I came across this week was Aposiopesis - 'A figure of speech wherein a sentence is deliberately broken off and left unfinished, the ending to be supplied by the imagination, giving an impression of unwillingness or inability to continue.'
Now I would never had thunk there was a word for that, but you live and learn. I'll weave it into a photo challenge sooner or later, be warned :sneaky:
I’ve done that quite a few times, but never knew there was a word for it. Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom