sinnerjohn's cabinet of curiosities

View attachment 180430
Born to be mild - LRM a reflection

What do we think about frames/borders? I like a nice frame, although you have to click the image to see the white ones. Adds to the printed/vintage look, or just a cheap gimmick?
Looks like a big Japanese cruiser to me. Cruisers were everywhere and then about 10-15 years ago, the entire market just went "poof". Still, there's a lot to be said for a big, relaxed, easy chair on wheels. The reflections look great on this photo. I like borders, but there are times when they are a distraction. This isn't one of them.

I'm trying to work out out the lights on the side of the building. Is it light passing through windows (which would require a building without a roof or opposite side since the sun looks to be very low; or more likely, is it light reflected off windows and onto the building?

Looks like a big Japanese cruiser to me. Cruisers were everywhere and then about 10-15 years ago, the entire market just went "poof". Still, there's a lot to be said for a big, relaxed, easy chair on wheels. The reflections look great on this photo. I like borders, but there are times when they are a distraction. This isn't one of them.

I'm trying to work out out the lights on the side of the building. Is it light passing through windows (which would require a building without a roof or opposite side since the sun looks to be very low; or more likely, is it light reflected off windows and onto the building?
The building opposite has many glass windows that reflect the light onto the other side of the road, so yes your second guess was correct :thumbs:

1652816703458.jpg

The real me.

No not Wombo, I'm not a Wombo fan, this is the app Jerry used called AI Gahaku. Fun app to play with but horribly small files unless you pay up, which I won't :cool:

and 'really deeply disturbing' I like that ;)
No, i'm the same, I begrudge paying for simple features. its very Hieronymous Bosch crossed with the Moomins. I think its that shadow of a smile on the face that creeps me out

No, i'm the same, I begrudge paying for simple features. its very Hieronymous Bosch crossed with the Moomins. I think its that shadow of a smile on the face that creeps me out
Not the weird rolls of fleshy fat? Ok I'm now thinking Leather Face from Texas Chainsaw Massacre :lol:

No not Wombo, I'm not a Wombo fan, this is the app Jerry used called AI Gahaku. Fun app to play with but horribly small files unless you pay up, which I won't :cool:

and 'really deeply disturbing' I like that ;)
So horribly small that it takes a lot of work for them to become useful, but work I’m willing to do before paying a subscription.

View attachment 180430
Born to be mild - LRM a reflection

What do we think about frames/borders? I like a nice frame, although you have to click the image to see the white ones. Adds to the printed/vintage look, or just a cheap gimmick?
Usually with the retro look although CameraPlus has some good frames that I use

Frames all the way for me, very reminiscent of the physical print. I usually stick a white 'kodak' border on photos, which disappears most of the time when posted.

On MobiTog you just need that extra click.
Add a very narrow minimum black border around your white. Mask out two sides of of it and you'd have a passible drop shadow, perhaps.

Last edited:
View attachment 181193
Greek frappe coffee, simple ingredients but only Greeks seem to be able to make them. Delicious.
You have to use the Nescafé granules they have over there. I think it’s the classic one, it makes the world of difference to the taste. its Ages since I’ve made my own but we were told how to do it by friends who own a restaurant there. The boss was given a recipe to make the lamb kleftiko, a personal favourite, along with the giant butter bean, feta cheese with honey, and whitebait recipes. We are lucky to have mixed herbs sent over to use.

Back
Top Bottom