• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Mobi365 Sinnerjohn's Project 365 - 2019

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
A (fake) Polaroid a day, various appage. I must be insane!

p.s I'm a purist as well, a fresh photo everyday or it aint worth doing people ;)
Yay! sinnerjohn x 365 :thumbs: And I like the theme. I notice some galleries in IG where the only thing the images have in common is the frame - adds something (purpose, intentionality). Plus, if they’re all similarly framed, you can get away with a few ring-ins.

p.s Start as you mean to continue, I always say ;)

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Yay! sinnerjohn x 365 :thumbs: And I like the theme. I notice some galleries in IG where the only thing the images have in common is the frame - adds something (purpose, intentionality). Plus, if they’re all similarly framed, you can get away with a few ring-ins.

p.s Start as you mean to continue, I always say ;)
Thanks for the like Jen :thumbs:
As in a real Polaroid, what you get is what you get, there's no going back and editing (re Dave and his gentle piss take). Could be an interesting year :lol:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Its an app called Roidizer, no longer available on the Play store but I tracked it down elsewhere. Apparently Polaroid took issue with the developer :oops:
Thanks Ann.
Hmmm, I would have thought the copyright on the Polaroid look would have expired by now. Or was it the use of their name that was the issue? Difficult. Can’t really call the look anything else.

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Hmmm, I would have thought the copyright on the Polaroid look would have expired by now. Or was it the use of their name that was the issue? Difficult. Can’t really call the look anything else.
To quote the developers site,

'The app started as a side project, and still is nothing else. It’s for free and was never meant to generate any revenue. Some time ago, I was contacted by Polaroid. They brought to my attention that some elements which we're using in the app are copyrighted. We had some talks to find a solution, but, as it seems, there is no solution which is feasible, at least up to now. So I decided to remove roidizer from Google Play. If a return of the app is possible, I will post an update.'